Ideas to get the atmosphere going

Sexydadbod

There's next to nothing you can do. Some places have it and some don't. 

Besiktas would blow away the best atmosphere Anfield or Elland Road or anywhere has had for a good number of years. 

To make Pride Park rock you need to change the average football fan. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can remember being at Arsenal away, in 2006 I think, and we were losing 5-0 at the time, game ended 6-0, and all 3000, away fans sang we are Derby super Derby we are Derby super Rams for over 30 minutes none stop, the Arsenal fans thought we were mad, that's what needs to be done next home game, the south stand singing we are Derby from the first whistle and carry it on antil all four sides of the ground join in, will it ever happen? I can but dream.

On 2/25/2017 at 14:07, Derby blood said:

I can remember being at Arsenal away, in 2006 I think, and we were losing 5-0 at the time, game ended 6-0, and all 3000, away fans sang we are Derby super Derby we are Derby super Rams for over 30 minutes none stop, the Arsenal fans thought we were mad, that's what needs to be done next home game, the south stand singing we are Derby from the first whistle and carry it on antil all four sides of the ground join in, will it ever happen? I can but dream.

Only time I see other stands join in is when we're winning and we ask other stands to sing a song. I find it amusing when you hear the north stand sing.. You get a wave of children's voices coming at you :D least it adds to the atmosphere though.

6 minutes ago, Ashz09 said:

Only time I see other stands join in is when we're winning and we ask other stands to sing a song. I find it amusing when you hear the north stand sing.. You get a wave of children's voices coming at you :D least it adds to the atmosphere though.

If you think it's just the south stand that sings untill you politely invite the rest of us scallywags to join in then your slightly deluded.  We sing and shout just not quite as loudly . 

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

If you think it's just the south stand that sings untill you politely invite the rest of us scallywags to join in then your slightly deluded.  We sing and shout just not quite as loudly . 

Whereabouts? Last few home games I've looked to both east near the away fans and the SW and can't see much happening. Mind you we was losing/drawing.

24 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

That's very true. When you're in the middle of singers you can't hear anyone else. We sang quite a lot at Villa on Saturday and were goading their fans for not singing but I had a friend in the Holte stand who says the Villa fans were singing and that they couldn't hear and Derby fans at all! 

I know every ground is different but we do sing in the North Stand - have to admit it's been a bit poor since Christmas though. 

A lot of people (well, me) don't join in with 'since I was young' because it is the worst football song in the history of football songs and it makes me cringe everytime it is sung. However, when the classics start up I do often join in (unless I would feel silly as the only person doing it in the East Stand). Stick to the classics.

On 2/25/2017 at 03:16, Alpha said:

There's next to nothing you can do. Some places have it and some don't. 

Besiktas would blow away the best atmosphere Anfield or Elland Road or anywhere has had for a good number of years. 

To make Pride Park rock you need to change the average football fan. 

Spot on,too many fans if you can call them in the crowd .A young couple sat in front of me with a baby sat there ,cooed over it left at 35 minutes and never came back .

Another time two young girls played with their phones for 70 odd minutes didn't watch the game at all and left .

Add this to the older generation that perhaps have got by the singing stage and the lack of atmosphere is always going to be apparent .The demographics have changed from 30-40 years ago.

3 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Whereabouts? Last few home games I've looked to both east near the away fans and the SW and can't see much happening. Mind you we was losing/drawing.

I'm in the north east corner and to be honest it's a nice little atmosphere up there . Very few whinges , mainly positive and we get involved .

7 hours ago, LazloW said:

A lot of people (well, me) don't join in with 'since I was young' because it is the worst football song in the history of football songs and it makes me cringe everytime it is sung. However, when the classics start up I do often join in (unless I would feel silly as the only person doing it in the East Stand). Stick to the classics.

In your opinion. It isn't really the worst song ever is it? What about the ones about burning children or owners killing themselves? 

That's part of the difficulty - working out which songs are cool enough for the different fan groups. We had sung the Collymore song three times by kick off on Saturday.  In my opinion it is awful and I never sing it but the red faced and nearly falling over teenagers who stood around me were attacking it with gusto!  

I sing every one of our songs but that one. At home matches the kids love since I was young, kind of cute as they are young.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

In your opinion. It isn't really the worst song ever is it? What about the ones about burning children or owners killing themselves? 

That's part of the difficulty - working out which songs are cool enough for the different fan groups. We had sung the Collymore song three times by kick off on Saturday.  In my opinion it is awful and I never sing it but the red faced and nearly falling over teenagers who stood around me were attacking it with gusto!  

I sing every one of our songs but that one. At home matches the kids love since I was young, kind of cute as they are young.

Well, there you go. I was just pontificating in another thread about how sweeping generalisations can invalidate or undermine an otherwise well thought out comment (or, in this case, a throw away spurious comment) and I've fallen straight into the trap myself. Hoist by my own petard.  Yes, when you put it like that SIWY cannot be the worst football song ever. There are many worse in terms of being vile/infantile/irrelevant/embarassing. Fair point.

Still can't stand it myself, though I understand many do like it.

In my defence, I did think that on here that 'in my/your opinion' was sort of implied :D.  

14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Well, there you go. I was just pontificating in another thread about how sweeping generalisations can invalidate or undermine an otherwise well thought out comment (or, in this case, a throw away spurious comment) and I've fallen straight into the trap myself. Hoist by my own petard.  Yes, when you put it like that SIWY cannot be the worst football song ever. There are many worse in terms of being vile/infantile/irrelevant/embarassing. Fair point.

Still can't stand it myself, though I understand many do like it.

In my defence, I did think that on here that 'in my/your opinion' was sort of implied :D.  

Sorry, didn’t mean to sound tetchy. I was just trying to say that it is so difficult to please everyone and why.

Archived