Aston Villa away sold out

DEL

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Sense a tad of sarcasm 

I was just reading that Villa have the second highest attendance in the league. You would have thought they could manage a few more for away fans. Maybe they are running scared of the noise we will bring.

I went to the ground this morning to queue for tickets at 9am. There were around 20 people in front of us so I was pretty confident of getting them. At 10am on the dot ticket office opened and we got to the counter in 10 mins only to be told mid transaction that it was sold out. There were around 50 others in the queue behind me which wouldn't be getting tickets either who had taken the trouble to come down. It seems if you aren't able or aren't that fast on the internet you're knackered. I think that  a proportion of tickets should be allocated to each sales area for a fairer system in these popular limited ticket games.

2 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I went to the ground this morning to queue for tickets at 9am. There were around 20 people in front of us so I was pretty confident of getting them. At 10am on the dot ticket office opened and we got to the counter in 10 mins only to be told mid transaction that it was sold out. There were around 50 others in the queue behind me which wouldn't be getting tickets either who had taken the trouble to come down. It seems if you aren't able or aren't that fast on the internet you're knackered. I think that  a proportion of tickets should be allocated to each sales area for a fairer system in these popular limited ticket games.

I agree. Assuming even 4 tickets per person queuing, that's only 80 tickets out of 700 sold to those queuing. Write to the club and make your point. 

Villa usual give 2800 tickets to away fans, where is the extra 400, only Leeds and Cardiff were given the same number as us, so why are we not getting the full amount, are they running scared of us, next season hope we only give them the same as they are giving us , was wanting to go to this game, as villa park is one of my favourite grounds, been 3 times before, and wanted to take my lad with me.

22 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Villa usual give 2800 tickets to away fans, where is the extra 400, only Leeds and Cardiff were given the same number as us, so why are we not getting the full amount, are they running scared of us, next season hope we only give them the same as they are giving us , was wanting to go to this game, as villa park is one of my favourite grounds, been 3 times before, and wanted to take my lad with me.

@Boycie has a couple of coaches going, always goes away.. He's in The Breakfast Club so they get their own allocation.

4 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Absolutely agree with this. Happened to me before for Forest away tickets twice.

Physical sales should be prioritised in that scenario.

29 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

I haven't been to Villa Park since the last time we actually won there..1988/89, 2-1 Saunders and Goddard! Those were the ******* days lol

We took 6,000 that day..and I think the crowd was only 23k!

They were glad of the away support then...!

Is that the one where villa fans were singing what a waste of money to Saunders. Half way through the chant he scored a header from about on the penalty spot and the chant fizzled out?  Best way to shut a crowd up. 

28 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Absolutely agree with this. Happened to me before for Forest away tickets twice.

Physical sales should be prioritised in that scenario.

Whilst I sympathise with any one who turned up, giving priority to physical sales would be a bit unfair for those who attending in person is either impossible or not practical. 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

Is that the one where villa fans were singing what a waste of money to Saunders. Half way through the chant he scored a header from about on the penalty spot and the chant fizzled out?  Best way to shut a crowd up. 

That's the one...was a brilliant header and he never actually scored that many with his head, usually relied on his blistering pace.

Villa later signed him and the Holte End changed their tune.. funnily enough.

33 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Might have to wander down to the Villa shop in Brum city centre and see if there are any restrictions on buying home end tickets. No doubt there will be. 

I am in the home end with my dad and brother thanks to a mate who is a Villa fan....at least my 80 year old dad won't have to stand for 90 minutes....

Archived