Aston Villa away sold out

DEL

8 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

I haven't been to Villa Park since the last time we actually won there..1988/89, 2-1 Saunders and Goddard! Those were the ******* days lol

We took 6,000 that day..and I think the crowd was only 23k!

They were glad of the away support then...!

Great day out, I was there, loved that team, and our away support that season was very good, taking good numbers everywhere we went, oh for those times to return again.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to our performance last night, some people are returning tickets and  as I went on the waiting list I now have my tickets after all. For anyone wanting them it might be worth getting on that list. Hopefully we'll do better away from home as everyone going really want to be there and support will be brilliant! After we beat burton of course?

59 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Thanks to our performance last night, some people are returning tickets and  as I went on the waiting list I now have my tickets after all. For anyone wanting them it might be worth getting on that list. Hopefully we'll do better away from home as everyone going really want to be there and support will be brilliant! After we beat burton of course?

I'm on the waiting list also so, fingers crossed. Shows there are some fair weather supporters out there if that's the true reason they're returning. 

Hope we beat them!

Villa are responsible for one of my disapointing nights of football EVER!

As a rule I always go to any European game involving Austrian sides in England. My best night was Salzburg away at Blackburn when Savage played for them, Mark Hughes was boss and Trappatoni was RBS boss. Went in the Salzburg end bizarrely singing Tony Christie songs in German!

Anyway. It's Villa v Rapid Wien so I persuade my Barnsley mate to come to Villa park with me to drive as there ain't no way I'm driving around that part of the world in the dark. Getting lost would be an understatement.

Anyway I rang Villa ticket office and explained I was an Austrian footy fan living in England and yes it all sounds a bit odd but I wanted tickets for the Rapid end or I wouldn't go. The lady confirmed I could turn up on the night and purchase away end tickets.

Fine. A few days later I ring up again as I'm a double checker. Fine. Turn up. Away tickets can be bought and away you go. Job done.

So gets to Villa Park. Hugely underwhelmed by the place. Run down a bit. Queues in the ticket office and lady tells me it's home ends only. I explain to her the situation and she sends me round to the away ticket booth. Bloke in there tells me no away tickets to be sold on the night and to go to ticket office back room where someone would meet me.

Gets in there. Rapid Vienna fan representative overhearing me arguing with Villa official about tickets and Villa official telling me I had to purchase tickets in advance from the Hanappi (rapid ground). The Rapid representative was clutching some away tickets in her hand and waving them about saying in broken English that these were spare.

I thanked the lady and tried to explain best I could in broken German but she spoke to the Villa bod and he still wouldn't let me buy two even though I had ID out to prove we were English and our names and addresses and I'd explained the situation and that we weren't going to cause any trouble. I have numerous Austrian tattoos and showed them as a desperate last resort along with my Austrian flags I take to tie around my waist but the man stood firm.

I was livid.

In the end we had no option but to go in the home end behind the goal (not the holte) and just to our left were the travelling Rapid fans just going mad all game and it was a superb sight and atmosphere which we missed out on. Rapid won too and knocked Villa out so serves them right. They are treading water in the Championship now. :)

I'm not bitter.................

I made a formal complaint days later.

24 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

Yew got a birrrmingem accent then lol

I got in the Stretford End once..

You gotta do what it takes away from home sometimes..

Was in the Jackie Milburn stand two weeks ago - jumped up when i though Bent had equalised in the last minute - lol

Archived