Bradley Johnson Shirtgate

Day

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just copying and pasting what I posted in the matchday thread about this:

Had a few choice words with a bloke behind me today (who's spent the entire season slagging off every single player on the team needlessly and unintelligently) who was losing his nut over Johnson "disrespecting the fans". He wasn't disrespecting the fans, not everything about the ******* fans. People think the players lives revolve around us and our opinion of them, when really Bradely Johnson's just a bloke who's frustrated. He's played crap and he's been hauled off after 30 minutes when we're 2-0 down, no wonder he's frustrated. I'm happy he was angry and actually cares, a worse reaction would have been to skip off down the tunnel without a care in the world. 

This ********, who'd been chatting utter ****** about how Johnson is an overpaid **** who doesn't care and has no respect for the fans, had the audacity to say I can't know what's going on his head when I suggested he's probably just angry at himself. So I can't know what Johnson thinks but you can?

Him and his mates left at the 40 minute mark  Their loss and our gain, but I bet they'll be there on Tuesday night. Fickle idiots.

Was clear he knew he was having a mare. From the word go nothing he did went right.

Glad he was that cross at himself. 

Can't get over the self righteous people slating him for disrespecting the shirt when no fans were behind the team (all of whom were wearing said shirt) supporting them until the second half. 

Being substituted in the first half is a walk of shame for players, his frustration is exactly the response you want to see.

I don't want a player toddling off with a smile on his face at the thought of an early hot shower, applauding the crowd whilst 2-0 down after 30 minutes.

I draw the line at lamping the manager one but shirt throwing, bottle kicking, wall punching is fine by me. 

Back to training Monday, work your arse off, put a performance in the next game to avoid the walk of shame.

If it makes him feel any better mclaren could have replaced any of the outfield players at 30 minutes.

im not a bradley fan but he was far far from alone, thought camara was absolutely dire quite honestly.

Im almost looking at johnny russell in a different light after camara's performace today 

3 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

If it makes him feel any better mclaren could have replaced any of the outfield players at 30 minutes.

im not a bradley fan but he was far far from alone, thought camara was absolutely dire quite honestly.

Im almost looking at johnny russell in a different light after camara's performace today 

Agree with this and by his standards, Bryson was awful too.

3 minutes ago, RIMBAUD said:

Agree with this and by his standards, Bryson was awful too.

I didn't think bryson was doing owt wrong.

He was working harder than anyone else on the pitch.

the midfield was very stretched though. 

Schteve was jesturing to them to bunch up and get closer and thats exactly what was wrong.

Just now, RamNut said:

I didn't think bryson was doing owt wrong.

He was working harder than anyone lse on the pitch.

the midfield was very stretched though. 

Schteve was jesturing to them to bunch up and get closer and thats exactly what was wrong.

Bryson was rubbish that's why he was taken off. Never had a kick and got nowhere near their midfield. I like him. But he was poor today. 

Not even an issue for me .. He was angry, disappointed and had passion. Doesn't matter who or what it was aimed at, he didn't point a finger. It was Red mist and no one got hurt.

If you care, sometimes it happens, none of us is perfect or innocent. He has said his piece quickly and openly.

no worries Bradley 

I would expect, and wish to see, Bradley's reaction. As said above, it's the ultimate walk of shame for a footballer. Fair play to McClaren for changing it but it doesn't cover over the ineptnesses of the first 60 minutes. Hope we see a reaction on Tuesday. 

Archived