Do you think Leicester will go down?

toddy

I don't really look at their table but I am shocked that Palace haven't improved as I think their team is better than Leicester's.

losing Kante has exposed their slow CB's and adding foreign players to the squad instead of Albrighton, King etc must surely  

damage the team ethic.

They also seem to raise their game for the Champions league, the extra games however must affect them.

Prediction time: Hull, Sunderland and Leicester to go down.

What a journey they've had though, I would gladly swap places with them.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

If you read their forum comments, it seems half the players can't be arsed (especially Vardy, on £100K PER WEEK, for 4 YEARS!), the rest aren't good enough. They're now regretting not fleecing Arsenal of £40 Million for 'baccy-chewing Jamie. Also, Ranieri (sp?) hasn't the personality to turn it round. Too nice a guy.

I remember when Cloughie won the title at Derby, he said the hardest thing was trying to motivate the players the next season, having achieved what seemed an impossible pinnacle the season before, and le'ts face it, the weren't many greater motivators than Sir Brian. Claudio doesn't stand a chance. Has he gone yet?

£20,800,000. Wow.

If they can pick up 1 or 2 results they can go on enough of a run to get out of it so I wouldn't bet against them. Reality is Ranieri probably has the rest of this month at best so it depends who picks up the mantle. I'd say looking at the upturn of several teams they definitely could go down.  Very surprised they didn't strengthen more in summer and then in winter - should have shelled out massively on a centre half and striker at least. They really do need 3 better defenders - that is pretty much a championship back 4 they have.

On 06/02/2017 at 16:56, Sparkle said:

I would take winning the premiership followed by relagation if it was on offer ?

My thoughts exactly. History says they were Champions. Sorry but history doesn't say Arsenal were poo and Spurs blew it. Fantastic achievement. If they go down I don't think too many Leicester fans would be that upset. Someone copied a piece off their forum slagging off all the players.... Ahhhh how fickle the football fan can be . And they are in top twenty richest clubs in the world. 17th I think!! Not bad going I'd say. Now let's dismantle em!! SSA

47 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

I'm sure I was told some time ago by a Leic fan that all the players that were given these massive contracts have a clause in them stating that if relegated, they lose 40% of their salary.

If true then presumably the players all start getting their agents to get them moves away. But at least the club is financially protected to some extent. 

Quite how much protection that gives them I don't know. Isn't the parachute payment about 25m per season v about 90m min for staying in prem? 

On 6 February 2017 at 09:49, toddy said:

I cannot remember a team champions of England struggle the following season to the point of being close to being relegated a season after winning top flight.

They look nothing like the team of last season, their players look dejected and completely off their game, their whole game is designed around counter attacking footie with pace, yet this season its gone to pot and their Manager has no real answers.

Famous last words

I can remember on here, asking for the odds of them being relegated once they'd won the title, and was quoted 50-1.  Wish I'd chucked £20 on it now.  Unfortunately, I'll think they'll end up mid-table, on Sunday it only takes and early Marez (sp) free-kick and a scrappy, backs to the wall 1-0 win to give them some belief back.  let's hope Claudio realises his situation and rests most of their team for tonight.

If Chelsea win it this year, with Kante in their side, expect Barca, Madrid, Bayern & PSG falling over themselves to sign him.  The man even makes Drinkwater look international class...

5 hours ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

YES YES YES !! I had the misfortune of living in Leicestershire for 12 years and ended up hating them more than the Red Dogs.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing them back where they belong..... 

I still do, and have actually seen a Lecester fan once.

I remember just after the start of the season Adrian Durham on talksport having a phone in about Leicester getting relegated as he thought it wasn't that ridiculous a suggestion and the abuse and criticism he got from some touchy Foxes fans was embarrassing.

Maybe have that phone in again and see what happens now? :)

You'd have thought that if ANY clubs fans wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the seemingly improbable then it would be Leicester.

If they can win the league out of nowhere one year then they can get relegated out of nowhere the next.

To be fair I think most Leicester fans would appreciate this. It's just those complete knobs you get ringing up radio stations.

Archived