Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

On 23/06/2017 at 20:47, r4derby said:

Eurgh...no thank you. Despise the guy, absolutely tosser of a human being. Whatever talent he has is wasted, wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

If I had Mel's money I'd be tempted to buy Ravel Morrison and Nile Ranger then lock them in the dressing room until only 1 remains

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

I've said it before and i'll say it again goddamnit

Sam Larsson... LW, would absolutely tear this league apart

Yes he certainly would. He would tear to Mel's wallet a new one too.

39 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Interesting one JB or rather John Brayford made available for transfer by sheff united - is he the JB we were linked with lately? 

No it was Jake Buxton. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps it is just me or does anyone else find it slightly worrying that there is talk we will off load Keogh and have tried to bring back Buxton??

I've been worried since we decided to sell Will for pittance and keep being linked with OAP's.  Cancelling contracts by mutual consent for them to sign for another club 12 hours later. Now talk of our top scorer who's been the getting better every year stats wise.

its all a bit bonkers to me but will reserve judgement and see who we sign and how we look in pre season.

24 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

I've been worried since we decided to sell Will for pittance and keep being linked with OAP's.  Cancelling contracts by mutual consent for them to sign for another club 12 hours later. Now talk of our top scorer who's been the getting better every year stats wise.

its all a bit bonkers to me but will reserve judgement and see who we sign and how we look in pre season.

Totally agree, GR will get my 100% support. Just a bit bemused by some of the rumours and possible departures....

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Cancelling contracts by mutual consent for them to sign for another club 12 hours later.

I'm fine with this - He wasn't good enough and it seems fairly obvious to me that Guingamp must have got in touch and said "we can't afford a fee for him" so we let him go - Probably cancelled the contract with zero compensation - Some players you can't get money for and you have to accept that unfortunately

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Totally agree, GR will get my 100% support. Just a bit bemused by some of the rumours and possible departures....

I will be upset if anyone who started the majority of games last season goes to anywhere else other than the Premier League - Ince, Keogh and Carson firmly in that box for me

However anyone who gets an offer to step up a league I wouldn't stand in their way - Disappointing yeh but we've had 4 seasons of being up and around the promotion chase and should have done better - So won't begrudge anyone a move

If we let Keogh go to the places he's been linked with THAT will be the one which I question the most - You improve a squad by improving the weakest links first - Not by removing your captain and best CB

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'm fine with this - He wasn't good enough and it seems fairly obvious to me that Guingamp must have got in touch and said "we can't afford a fee for him" so we let him go - Probably cancelled the contract with zero compensation - Some players you can't get money for and you have to accept that unfortunately

I will be upset if anyone who started the majority of games last season goes to anywhere else other than the Premier League - Ince, Keogh and Carson firmly in that box for me

However anyone who gets an offer to step up a league I wouldn't stand in their way - Disappointing yeh but we've had 4 seasons of being up and around the promotion chase and should have done better - So won't begrudge anyone a move

If we let Keogh go to the places he's been linked with THAT will be the one which I question the most - You improve a squad by improving the weakest links first - Not by removing your captain and best CB

My management style would be to undertake a full review of the squad, decide on the cream, the 4 or 5 players you want to build the team around, identify the weak links who you don't want, get rid of the dead wood as best you can and then bring in 3 or 4 quality additions. My cream before any signings were made would have been Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Hughes, Thorne, Martin and Ince......

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My management style would be to undertake a full review of the squad, decide on the cream, the 4 or 5 players you want to build the team around, identify the weak links who you don't want, get rid of the dead wood as best you can and then bring in 3 or 4 quality additions. My cream before any signings were made would have been Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Hughes, Thorne, Martin and Ince......

I agree - But if the cream wants out you're best to get rid rather than let the whole lot curdle

Unless you're making cheese

37 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I agree - But if the cream wants out you're best to get rid rather than let the whole lot curdle

If we had to let one of the cream go I think Hughes was the best option....but I would be disappointed if Hughes, Keogh and particularly Ince went....virtually half a tub of cream...

25 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

If we had to let one of the cream go I think Hughes was the best option....but I would be disappointed if Hughes, Keogh and particularly Ince went....virtually half a tub of cream...

Letting any more of our best players go would really make my stomach churn.

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But its the Derby whey.

We may as well close this thread now, because Twitter user ashleynoz has replied to a Derby tweet with a fool proof plan to finally get us promoted. We've been making this far more complicated than it needed to be!

Archived