Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Butters, Hughes, bryson, thorne. Pretty much everyone apart from Johnson, he's just a pure battering ram when he gets going 

And did you see this one touch football with the above named personnel last year or did you see players with no confidence hesitating over a five yard pass?

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Josh windass has been linked with us again appently bid 500k but hull have also.

Rangers chasing the English transfer silly money. 

This time last year he was a free transfer from Accrington Stanley and has done nothing during the season to justify anyone spending money on him. 

Let Hull have him. 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

And did you see this one touch football with the above named personnel last year or did you see players with no confidence hesitating over a five yard pass?

Thorne I can't say I saw pass at all ? I'd say we saw a fair bit for butters and bryson, especially towards the end of the season. The only one I'd say who really struggled was Hughes 

36 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

In the 'get down on your knees and pray for this' section. :D

With a year left on his Rams deal, Bent said recently: “When a new manager comes in, he’s going to have the players in his head that he wants to bring in.

“That’s why he’s here. I can see there will be quite a few changes. If he came to me and said: ‘You don’t feature in my plans’, well, I want to play football, so I’d have to look at something else.

“I’ve had conversations with him and he has not said that, so I will go away in the summer, get myself fit and be ready to go again next season.”

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I've given you a like for both your comment and Bent's. Whether you want him in the squad or not, you've got to like his attitude 

TBH if we were Burton or Ipswich or similar then I'd be happy to have Bent, but I think we need to use his wages on other players.

18 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

TBH if we were Burton or Ipswich or similar then I'd be happy to have Bent, but I think we need to use his wages on other players.

But it does beg the question, why did we give him a new 1 year deal.?

2 hours ago, Rample said:

But it does beg the question, why did we give him a new 1 year deal.?

Because his original contract had a clause that allowed an extra year to be triggered (by number of games played?) - hindsight was needed when we signed him!

11 minutes ago, Rample said:

I thought we had the option to take it up, and chose to rather than it be activated. Got the impression it was Rowett's choice.

Nope, bent activated the clause in January as he'd played enough games that met his clause in his contract.

It probably sounds weird but I'm actually looking forward to our first transfer out.

Until we see how much is coming in it's difficult to gauge the calibre of player we can afford.

At present we are looking at the cheaper end of the scale.

Archived