Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe Ledley is quality. I can't imagine Thorne playing much(but do hop he does because he's quality) but think we need a permanent quality replacement for him. If he does get fit and play a lot of haves then we have good competition for cdm as I think Johnson is far better up the pitch depending on what formation GR plays. Not seen much of Campbell but was good player at one time. Maybe could do well in this league. 

5 hours ago, JW37 said:

Joe Ledley

Jan Kirchhoff

Two decent defensive midfield options available  for free.

Jan Kirchhoff is a decent player, but I think he will go top another top division side, maybe back to the Bundesliga. Considering he's not staying at Sunderland who are in our division, I think that suggests he's not keen on the Champ

A serious question: if you think over the years how many players we have bought in from the Premiership, our hit rate isn't great.

Shackell, Anja, Johnson, Bent, Weimann, Thorne and Vydra have cost us a fortune over the last couple of years and we haven't had many that we could class as a success. (Thorne the exception, although he's made of glass)

Why do you think buying more will be a good thing?

Archived