Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, David said:

Is teletext still a thing?! thought that was scrapped years ago, remember watching scores roll round on that, waiting for the page to switch to the next league

There's a red button version with news clips on still I think

Marc Roberts nearly moved to Burnley in Jan for a deal worth around 3.5m - he will be into his last year of his contract though next season so could possibly get him for 2m.

Manga on a free would add much needed physicality to the back 4 as well

12 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Manga on a free would add much needed physicality to the back 4 as well

He's linked to Turkish club. 

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Vurnon anita his contact due expire in the summer.

And he want to sign new contract. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

But does mean they will offer him one does it

It mean the player and the club will discuss the situation then take it from there. I think he'll sign new contract with them, will see about that anyway. 

4 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well next played much this season has he so maybe he be keen join us pemeantly or on loan

What if the player doesn't want to come? 

2 hours ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Aron gunnarsson anyone ? Would add a bit of bite in midfield and is in last year of contract with Cardiff so should be pretty cheap to get him.

What I'd say about Gunnarsson is that he'd have been a good signing before Johnson stepped up at DM. Now we'll have Johnson and (god willing) Thorne, that's two physical DM's right there. I'm not sure what Gunnarson will bring to the table that they don't already bring.

When I look at DM for us, I think we probably lack a bit of pace and energy right now. If we want to get better off the ball, we need players who are dynamic to compliment Thorne or Johnson. Or even Hughes.

If Bradley left, I'd expect us to be very interested in Gunnarsson, but I wouldn't want him right now.

If we are going to be playing with a CDM next season ( Thorne ) well we need a back up, was thinking what about dean whithead? Captain hudds against us watched him closely just stayed inFront of back 4 and stopped a lot! Decent cheap optionV

10 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

What I'd say about Gunnarsson is that he'd have been a good signing before Johnson stepped up at DM. Now we'll have Johnson and (god willing) Thorne, that's two physical DM's right there. I'm not sure what Gunnarson will bring to the table that they don't already bring.

I still think Johnson has been a little hit and miss there - Plus he's more of a roving midfielder like Brsyon for me - Not really a shock that he was bought as a last minute panic buy when Bryson got injured.

The game against Wolves for me showed how he plays best - Butterfield played behind pulling the strings and Bryson and Johnson ran around covering every blade - Gave us extra defensive cover when needed and extra men in the box when needed - No shock that they both scored

Archived