What are you eating tonight

froggg

9 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Actually had 5 eggs today.

Think that's a first. 

You’ll grow up to be strong and healthy.

Can we change this to the egg thread .. I love them. Boiled, fried, poached, coddled, scrambled, omeleted ( is that a word ), steak tartared, soufleed. ??

1 hour ago, jono said:

You’ll grow up to be strong and healthy.

Can we change this to the egg thread .. I love them. Boiled, fried, poached, coddled, scrambled, omeleted ( is that a word ), steak tartared, soufleed. ??

I'm at the stage of life where I'm trying not to grow quite so much. 

Don't forget scotch...

3 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Scrambled on toast for breakfast yesterday, followed by sausage, egg and chips for tea, then two scotch eggs in the pub, plus scrambled on toast again this morning. 

Started to fancy an omelette...

I've rediscovered the joys of sausage, egg and chips in the last few months. Whenever Mrs Ilkley is away it's always on the menu plus bread and butter.  Probably good for my longevity that she's only away once a month on average.

4 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

The health police might frown at your alcohol intake mind - most of a bottle of white and good inroads into the red.

The white was left overs and going in the Moules. The red however .... guilty as charged milud ?

mind you I have odd drinking habits .. I love to drink with food but if there’s nothing to eat then 1 drink is usually enough. I drink every day but never much more than 3/4 of a bottle and often just a half .... athe beer before the match doesn’t count ?

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

I've rediscovered the joys of sausage, egg and chips in the last few months. Whenever Mrs Ilkley is away it's always on the menu plus bread and butter.  Probably good for my longevity that she's only away once a month on average.

There is something very special about either sausage or chips (or both) and runny egg. ... proper Saturday breakfast beckons 

Simple Sunday dinner, place lamb joint in cast iron casserole, add whole head of garlic, two or three sprigs of fresh rosemary, cover with red wine, put on casserole lid, place in oven for four hours at 140c then take off lid add 4oz of salted butter turn oven up to 170deg until the sauce/jus/gravy reduces by 2/3rds, serve with potatoes and vegetables of your choice, enjoy.

2BFE5AD8-5405-4AA6-AAA2-3BCE8F827FC0.jpeg

1F1B8CF1-9330-4A7C-AB9C-300DBE762128.jpeg

D80C8FF8-5689-43AE-8EA6-DBEC71053B9A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, froggg said:

Simple Sunday dinner, place lamb joint in cast iron casserole, add whole head of garlic, two or three sprigs of fresh rosemary, cover with red wine, put on casserole lid, place in oven for four hours at 140c then take off lid add 4oz of salted butter turn oven up to 170deg until the sauce/jus/gravy reduces by 2/3rds, serve with potatoes and vegetables of your choice, enjoy.

Sweet Mary mother of all that is good and pure. Amen.