What are you eating tonight

froggg

26 minutes ago, sage said:

I made a curry for me and the lad. Very good indeed. Loads of ginger, garlic and black pepper.

The Memsahib is making a Madras curry at the moment before we settle down and watch the footy (both matches recorded - been watching the Royal London cricket final). Small portion for me with no poppadoms, no naan, no mango chutney, no chilli pickle, no brinjal pickle, no lime pickle.

12 pounds lost in 3 weeks so far.

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

The Memsahib is making a Madras curry at the moment before we settle down and watch the footy (both matches recorded - been watching the Royal London cricket final). Small portion for me with no poppadoms, no naan, no mango chutney, no chilli pickle, no brinjal pickle, no lime pickle.

well done Sir, though I think cutting your hair and beard was 3lbs of it 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Well done with your diet Eddie,keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Wait till you hit the plateau. Oh matron.

Does it involve hallucinating about sausages? If so, I think I've already reached that stage.

5 hours ago, froggg said:

Went out for a meal, was absolutely poo, I don’t know why I bother, not easy to find proper grub well cooked when out ?

Totally agree. Almost impossible.

i had to photograph this recent offering when i thought i'd try something different.

£14 for this....including a cup of new potatoes, which they initially forgot.....when the waitress said 'enjoy' i thought she was taking the piss ?image.thumb.jpeg.74d1d4626f0860429ce61a3780caea3d.jpeg

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

i had to photograph this recent offering when i thought i'd try something different.

£14 for this....including a cup of new potatoes, which they initially forgot.....when the waitress said 'enjoy' i thought she was taking the piss ?image.thumb.jpeg.74d1d4626f0860429ce61a3780caea3d.jpeg

Please tell me this wasn't taken before you'd eaten some.

19 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Please tell me this wasn't taken before you'd eaten some.

That is exactly how it came.

5 hours ago, eddie said:

Thats a lot.

If you're trying to lose weight, the safe weekly rate of weight loss is between 0.5kg and 1kg. That's between around 1lb and 2lb a week. Lose weight faster than this and you're at risk of health problems that include malnutrition and gallstones, as well as feeling tired.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/should-you-lose-weight-fast/

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

You've got to remember them black eggs are a specialty!

7 hours ago, RamNut said:

Thats a lot.

It's always the same for me at first - then my weight loss steadies off to about 2 pounds a week. I have dieted many times in the past, and I always seem to have rapid weight loss in the first month.

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

I'm still trying to work out what it is? I can make out the cauliflower and tomato but I have no idea what the soil like stuff could be. Please enlighten me.

34 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm still trying to work out what it is? I can make out the cauliflower and tomato but I have no idea what the soil like stuff could be. Please enlighten me.

Looks like beluga caviar - but equally it could be very dry black pudding where the cheapskate butcher overdid the pearl barley.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

the black sprouting stuff is apparently quinoa 

It was crap.

this is what happens when chefs choose ingediants based on colour contrast.

Edited by RamNut