What are you eating tonight

froggg

I'm following a male self-catering survival guide that  i once saw on Video Nation. This scottish bloke from the isle of skye explained how to survive when the mrs was away. 

Buy 10lbs of mince 

first night .....mince and tatties

second night .....add some tomatoes and herbs......spaghetti bolognase

third night.....add chilli and beans.......chill con carne

fourth night......add curry powder.......curry and rice

fifth night.......go to the pub.

I'm on the third night.....

image.jpeg

I'm eating very little - basically, I've been told if I need to lose weight, and therefore it would be best to go on a 'liquids only' diet.

No change there then.

1 minute ago, sage said:

I have been having 3 or 4 weekends a year there for around 12 years. Mainly in the Jude but occasionally get in the Bookbinders or Harcourt.

Aren't you and @86 points worried about being murdered in an ingenious fashion?

I have read and watched a lot of Colin Dexter, and the bodies pile in Jericho like Stalingrad.

2 hours ago, sage said:

I have been having 3 or 4 weekends a year there for around 12 years. Mainly in the Jude but occasionally get in the Bookbinders or Harcourt.

Well you've sorted the wood from the chaff based on those choices!  ?

30 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Indian tonight,at the best Indian Restaurant on the Costa del Sol,it is called Sai,in La Cala de Mijas,if you are in town can thoroughly recommend.

Do you know if Albertos in Calahonda is still going? Haven't been to the Costa del Sol for a few years but would always try to visit this particular restaurant when down that way.

Edited by Steve How Hard?
typo

27 minutes ago, sage said:

Are you a Jericho regular then?

More of a Cowley road type tbh but Peppers and the Bookbinders are old haunts. Have friends in Jericho and buds who used to work at Pepoers and Raouls. Some nice places to eat and drink and it's pretty civilised there these days given it's former notoriety.

9 minutes ago, 86 points said:

More of a Cowley road type tbh but Peppers and the Bookbinders are old haunts. Have friends in Jericho and buds who used to work at Pepoers and Raouls. Some nice places to eat and drink and it's pretty civilised there these days given it's former notoriety.

I hope you aren't hanging around street corners on the cowley road!! I have done a bit of drinking in the Headington area as well as tourist and student dodging in the city centre. 

My mate lives on Observatory so The Lamb and Flag and Eagle and Child are occasional haunts too.

Small portions of stuff with few calories - and NO BEER - at least for a while (I will allow myself one or two at the cricket).

I have been over-indulging far too much, and I need to lose vast amounts of weight, so it's fruit, muesli, natural yogurt, chicken, veggies and stuff like that. The last beer I had was in Belgium on Wednesday.

Pray for me.

21 minutes ago, sage said:

I hope you aren't hanging around street corners on the cowley road!! I have done a bit of drinking in the Headington area as well as tourist and student dodging in the city centre. 

My mate lives on Observatory so The Lamb and Flag and Eagle and Child are occasional haunts too.

I try not to ?

All decent boozers. Like you, me and mine avoid the city centre, George Street specifically. The new Westgate Centre has apparently got some good eateries and is worlds apart from the previous iteration by all accounts so no doubt I'll man up and head there at some point! 

5 hours ago, 86 points said:

ah, Cowley-fornia ....