What are you eating tonight

froggg

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We don’t want you Cornish nasties. So there! And keep Prince Charles your side anorl.

Charles is Wales' property. We just get his bangin' missus all to ourselves.

I'll be generous and let you lot keep Ginsters...

28 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Did the waiter nick half yer chips?

?

It’s posh nosh, you’re not supposed to leave the table feeling full and unable to scoff a Big Mac down.

Hint of chips, drizzle of gravy you’re just sampling the food! The leaf from a bush in the garden is there to cover the other half of the plate, give the illusion of a full dinner.

27 minutes ago, David said:

It’s posh nosh, you’re not supposed to leave the table feeling full and unable to scoff a Big Mac down.

Hint of chips, drizzle of gravy you’re just sampling the food! The leaf from a bush in the garden is there to cover the other half of the plate, give the illusion of a full dinner.

This is why I hate going to fancy restaurants, the food maybe nice sometimes, but the feeling of being ripped off overpowers that when the bill arrives.

Service charge? Don’t get me started.

give me an all you can eat anytime ?

ive still not sampled Cosmo yet, I’ve done Slice of India, lovely.

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This is why I hate going to fancy restaurants, the food maybe nice sometimes, but the feeling of being ripped off overpowers that when the bill arrives.

Service charge? Don’t get me started.

give me an all you can eat anytime ?

ive still not sampled Cosmo yet, I’ve done Slice of India, lovely.

Was in Slice of India on Wednesday :lol:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on what in fact is another trades work. We all charge for what we do I guess, we all like value for money, no doubt I’ve given people the same feeling I get paying a bill in a restaurant.

But we have choice, so we choose if we go or use them again in the future.

Peace and love at Xmas 

x

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh on what in fact is another trades work. We all charge for what we do I guess, we all like value for money, no doubt I’ve given people the same feeling I get paying a bill in a restaurant.

But we have choice, so we choose if we go or use them again in the future.

Peace and love at Xmas 

x

The food was ***** to be honest, I told them as much and got 50% off the bill.?

On 01/10/2017 at 17:15, Malagaram said:

Recipe for Bombay Aloo please Frogg

On 01/10/2017 at 17:52, froggg said:

#Malagaram This is the recipe I have used in the past from BBC Food website, very nice vary the amount of chilli to suit your taste.

500g potatoes - Aloo

2 tbs vegetable oil

large onion - diced

2.5cm cube of fresh ginger - shredded (or 1 tsp ginger powder)

1 tsp chilli powder (optional) or two chopped fresh green Chillies 

1 tsp (white) cumin seeds - jeera

1 tsp garam masala

1 tsp mango powder (optional)

1 tsp mustard seeds 

1 tsp sesimi seeds

1 tsp turmeric 

method;

Scrub the potatoes well and cut to bite size (no need to peel). Place potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water and boil until cooked but still firm.

Heat the vegetable oil in a frypan. Fry the cumin and mustard seeds until they start to pop, put to one side. 

Fry the ginger for about a minute, put to one side.

Fry the onion until opaque not quite soft, then add the turmeric, mango powder, chili powder and cook together for 2 minutes. Combine the cumin, mustard seeds, sesimi seeds and cooked ginger with the spiced onion adding a little of the potato's salt water if needed to form a runny paste and add the garam masala.

Add the potatoes to the fry pan mixture and stir gently until fully coated.

Did you try the recipe?

17 hours ago, froggg said:

Did you try the recipe?

No,I got very lazy in my old age,we have a fantastic Indian restaurant near to us,it is called Sai,in La Cala,the food is excellent,the chef is Punjabi,my partner who is Indian says this is the best Indian food she has tasted outside of India.If any reader on here is visiting this area,very close to Fuengirola,I would thoroughly recommend,the owner is called Mukinder,he will make you feel very welcome.Merry Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...