Kyle McAllister - Signed 3 & 1/2 years

CWC1983

Derby County have completed the signing of promising attacking talent Kyle McAllister from Scottish side St Mirren.

The 18-year-old winger has joined Derby on a three-and-a-half-year deal after an undisclosed fee was agreed for his services. 

He completed a successful medical earlier this week before putting pen-to-paper with the Rams today. 

McAllister made his professional debut at the age of 17 in February 2016 and, in total, made 18 first-team appearances for the Buddies. 

He scored his first career goal in their Scottish Cup win at home to Spartans back in November and has also represented Scotland at youth international level. 

As a result, his performances caught the eye of clubs both north and south of the border – but Derby have moved quickly to land his services until the summer of 2020. 

Manager Steve McClaren says McAllister is ‘one for the future’ and is pleased to see the Rams secure his signature. 

He said: “Kyle is a young talent from Scotland that we have identified through our scouting team. 

“He is one for the future, most definitely. 

“He turned 18 last week, so now we have him on board we will look to develop him.” 

Derby are now awaiting international clearance from the relevant footballing authorities, due to the fact that the player has been playing outside of English football. 

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/derby-county-sign-scottish-youngster-kyle-mcallister-3540153.aspx#YeuUruuOwBdytTOb.99

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undisclosed? Why is everything always undisclosed? I think we can only do business with Privately Owned Companies as anything publicly listed you're pretty much required to reveal the transfer price.

Welcome to Derby Kyle. Lets hope you get some opportunities before the season is out.

26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Will be interested to see how he progresses, wonder if we will see him on the bench any time soon or whether he will just slot straight in to the u23's

Given his age, I think we should assume we probably won't see him on the bench for a while. However I'll get excited if we do because it will probably mean he is very talented.

7 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Given his age, I think we should assume we probably won't see him on the bench for a while. However I'll get excited if we do because it will probably mean he is very talented.

Might see him on the bench tonight tbh. 

From what I hear, he's a type of player we don't have and the FA Cups a good place to chuck youngsters in on the bench, whoever you're playing. Depends on how polished he is. Vernam was on the bench for WBA, for example. 

I agree though in that I doubt we'll see him often amongst the first teamers in the league.

Just now, SaintRam said:

From what I hear, he's a type of player we don't have and the FA Cups a good place to chuck youngsters in on the bench, whoever you're playing. Depends on how polished he is. Vernam was on the bench for WBA, for example. 

I agree though in that I doubt we'll see him often amongst the first teamers in the league.

The DET article says we're waiting for international clearance (!). Not sure if we'd get that for tonight.

Just now, Kinder said:

The DET article says we're waiting for international clearance (!). Not sure if we'd get that for tonight.

Ah fair enough, I didn't think that was necessary from Scotland. Is that because he's coming from a different FA?

I expect *a* youngster to be on the bench, regardless. It's our M.O.

Just now, SaintRam said:

I'd usually agree with you but I feel like tonight's a little bit of an exception because it's that rare type of tie that we aren't massively favored or massive underdogs either. We have a realistic shot at winning but we need to be at full strength and it's probably the wrong game to think about getting him game time (unless he's fantastic of course haha).

Just now, SaintRam said:

Ah fair enough, I didn't think that was necessary from Scotland. Is that because he's coming from a different FA?

I expect *a* youngster to be on the bench, regardless. It's our M.O.

I just fought my way through the pop ups again and it says it's because he's not been playing in English football!

Just now, brady1993 said:

I'd usually agree with you but I feel like tonight's a little bit of an exception because it's that rare type of tie that we aren't massively favored or massive underdogs either. We have a realistic shot at winning but we need to be at full strength and it's probably the wrong game to think about getting him game time (unless he's fantastic of course haha).

It's just usually our M.O. to put youngsters in the squad for the FA Cup. 

In my personal opinion, in games like this, youngsters are more likely to make an impact off the bench than first teamers who've been dropped/rested or players on the fringes.

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

It's just usually our M.O. to put youngsters in the squad for the FA Cup. 

In my personal opinion, in games like this, youngsters are more likely to make an impact off the bench than first teamers who've been dropped/rested or players on the fringes.

I agree that it's usually our M.O. I just think tonight is something of an exception. Particularly given we will have an extra day rest than expected for the Ipswich game.

2 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I agree that it's usually our M.O. I just think tonight is something of an exception. Particularly given we will have an extra day rest than expected for the Ipswich game.

Slap an Elsnik in for me, I'd back him to do something unexpected and special in a one-off 15 minute spell at the end of the game over one of our first team reserves.

Archived