England Cricket 2017

PistoldPete2

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is imperative Root is there for the new ball.

Get to within 100, with 6 wickets left and the pressure will swing towards Australia.

I'm not quite willing to get up at 3:30, but have enough hope to tune in at 6:30 to hear us tick off the final 50 runs...

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

It is imperative Root is there for the new ball.

Get to within 100, with 6 wickets left and the pressure will swing towards Australia.

I'm not quite willing to get up at 3:30, but have enough hope to tune in at 6:30 to hear us tick off the final 50 runs...

If it gets down to 100, Smith's fields will change, the bowlers will know they will have to be on a tight line. Hopefully the scoring gets a bit easier with cheap ones.

12 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's absolutely essential that Root is still there when the new ball is taken in 18 overs' time.

Unfortunately he got out again for yet another 50. He will never become a world class batsman unless he converts these 50s into 100s. Our tail has now let us down three times out of four. 

12 hours ago, Norman said:

83% apparently.

Perfect oppurtunity for a bet. We lose and you make easy money, we win and I couldnt give a David Warner about the money i've lost. People piling on England is helping the odds.

Easy money :(

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Unfortunately he got out again for yet another 50. He will never become a world class batsman unless he converts these 50s into 100s. Our tail has now let us down three times out of four. 

His consistency in getting to 50 is admirable, but this really is the point with Root. He would be Border level legendary if England had anyone other than an aging Cook to rely on; remember that he had 27 centuries to his 63 fifties. Whereas Border's career saw him eventually captain the likes of Taylor, Boon and the Waugh brothers, England's just chopping and changing selections frequently. No idea what England are playing at with Stoneman, Vince and Malan though. Moeen as a batsman just isn't enough either, he's great at 8, but he's not good enough in that top 6. 

I know Hameed wasn't in great form, but having him in the side would have at least offered the argument of "building for the future". Stoneman and Malan aren't great, and are both 30. The same goes for Jennings, and to a lesser extent Vince, at least it's building to something. 

Oh well, bring on the WACA. 

23 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Unfortunately I reckon they may fall circa 120 runs short. 

The Aussies will come back tomorrow refreshed and firing on all cylinders. 

Lyon will hold up one end and let the quicks rotate from the other in short bursts. 

Lucky guess. For my next prediction I reckon Australia might win the Perth test......

On 6 December 2017 at 19:45, CWC1983 said:

Lucky guess. For my next prediction I reckon Australia might win the Perth test......

Well our senior batsmen have failed yet again... Stoneman and Malan have done ok but cook root and Ali needed to step up and haven't. 

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Take a bow Dawid Malan :D

Yeah I said he's done ok... Now he's done a lot better than ok, and well done Jonny Bairstow too. Let's hope England can keep this up.

3 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Let's give Ali a chance to fail before we get on his back eh?

Yeah but he's been dropped back down the order , he's been disappointing with bat and ball so far this series... Anyway as you say let's not complain, England are doing well at last.

Was there today, England need to bat as long as possible tomorrow as that is a flat deck, may get a bit of uneven bounce on it later in the test, but it might be a struggle to take 20 wickets on that wicket. 

Malan and Bairstow were excellent, need to push on tomorrow. Also weather forecast looks unseasonable for Perth Sunday with a lot of rain expected. Fingers crossed England can force a result. 

4 hours ago, Ramchester said:

Was there today, England need to bat as long as possible tomorrow as that is a flat deck, may get a bit of uneven bounce on it later in the test, but it might be a struggle to take 20 wickets on that wicket. 

Malan and Bairstow were excellent, need to push on tomorrow. Also weather forecast looks unseasonable for Perth Sunday with a lot of rain expected. Fingers crossed England can force a result. 

Cheers - you confirmed my suspicion that the pitch might be a bit of a road.

I'm still nervous that we're 1 wicket away from another collapse and then the only way we'll get smith and Warner  out is if they retire, bored :lol:

Archived