England Cricket 2017

PistoldPete2

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I watched it all this morning. Right from the start Lyon was in the batsmen’s faces, making any excuse to jog by with a jibe.

He bowled well and was unlucky not to get a wicket. His run out was superb. No-one who knows him can understand his behaviour. I think they are a bit rattled and scared they might lose again.

England stayed very calm and ignored the hype. Stoneman and Vince weren’t drawn into playing rash shots.It was proper test cricket.

It will be hard taking wickets but equally hard to score freely. Cat and mouse for the next 4 days.

Perhaps it needs his mum to tell him to stop being such an arse.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Cook's form has not been great for a while. Perhaps it has to do with the responsibility he has as the experienced hand with all those dodgy batters around him. Now they've got some runs, the pressure might come off him.

I think the pitch surprised a lot of people. The ball isn’t coming onto the bat and Cook was pushing too far forward reaching for the ball before he had established the pace.

This test has been brilliant and compulsive viewing for cricket fans. 

Smith’s century was imperious. Australia’s bowlers were brutal.

But England are hanging in there. 

If Anderson’s injury is serious we’re screwed, but I can’t wait for tonight’s instalment!

Need the captain to step up to the plate big time a la Steve Smith or we're in trouble here. 

Aussies have proved that if you bat with discipline wickets are hard to come by on this pitch.

One big innings from Root and we can still win this game.

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

This test has been brilliant and compulsive viewing for cricket fans. 

Smith’s century was imperious. Australia’s bowlers were brutal.

But England are hanging in there. 

If Anderson’s injury is serious we’re screwed, but I can’t wait for tonight’s instalment!

Compulsive viewing for cricket fans with BT sport you mean?

3 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

What’s up with Cookie?! 

He averages 30 odd in the ashes yet pretty much won us a series with a 800 run haul and is our record run scorer of all time... can’t get my head around it. 

He is well off colour at the moment. But...he has turned poor form around previous mid series, extremely experienced so fingers crossed he puts in a ton next up. Come on England.

7 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

What’s up with Cookie?! 

He averages 30 odd in the ashes yet pretty much won us a series with a 800 run haul and is our record run scorer of all time... can’t get my head around it. 

Is he shot? he said he thinks it will be his last tour of Oz. Still looks about 18 to me, but he has played a lot of cricket.

5 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Very much in the balance here. Bairstow needs to stick around and the tail need to support him.

A lead of 220 would be great but seems a long way off at 4 in the morning.

You were saying? An England batting collapse is as predictable as a Katy Prive kiss and tell. England's tail is too long without Stokes. 

3 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

You were saying? An England batting collapse is as predictable as a Katy Prive kiss and tell. England's tail is too long without Stokes. 

All a bit of a mess, wasn't it? And, as you say, entirely predictable.

The first thing the captain needs to say to the batters is, 'Stop falling for the obvious traps'.

Archived