England Cricket 2017

PistoldPete2

42 minutes ago, froggg said:

Will set record, but will watch till lunch then have some kip.

Get some dosh on England folks 3-1 to win the first test, you heard it here first, remember folks only bet what you can afford to lose. ?????????????????????????????

I’m confident too and will watch all night as I have tomorrow off.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched until lunch and then saw the final 5 or 6 overs this morning. Pleased to see Stoneman and Vince play well after all the comments before the start had been about how we needed Cook and Root to make big scores to stand any chance. I hope Malan and Ali can carry on playing attacking shots and put pressure on Lyons and get us to a decent total.       

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I notice Nathan Lyon has already changed his tune. Not talking about ending careers any more but referring to England as a 'great side'.

Perhaps what has influenced this change is that he went wicketless for the day on a helpful pitch.

The gobshite.

I watched it all this morning. Right from the start Lyon was in the batsmen’s faces, making any excuse to jog by with a jibe.

He bowled well and was unlucky not to get a wicket. His run out was superb. No-one who knows him can understand his behaviour. I think they are a bit rattled and scared they might lose again.

England stayed very calm and ignored the hype. Stoneman and Vince weren’t drawn into playing rash shots.It was proper test cricket.

It will be hard taking wickets but equally hard to score freely. Cat and mouse for the next 4 days.

38 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I watched it all this morning. Right from the start Lyon was in the batsmen’s faces, making any excuse to jog by with a jibe.

He bowled well and was unlucky not to get a wicket. His run out was superb. No-one who knows him can understand his behaviour. I think they are a bit rattled and scared they might lose again.

England stayed very calm and ignored the hype. Stoneman and Vince weren’t drawn into playing rash shots.It was proper test cricket.

It will be hard taking wickets but equally hard to score freely. Cat and mouse for the next 4 days.

Did you notice Lyon constantly talking to the square leg umpire. How does that work !

Vince and Stoneman and Malan and Moheen did well.  

Root got in a rut for me and Cook looked nervous .

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

Did you notice Lyon constantly talking to the square leg umpire. How does that work !

Vince and Stoneman and Malan and Moheen did well.  

Root got in a rut for me and Cook looked nervous .

Cook's form has not been great for a while. Perhaps it has to do with the responsibility he has as the experienced hand with all those dodgy batters around him. Now they've got some runs, the pressure might come off him.

Archived