FA Cup

FindernRam

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Im still trying to fathom why you think man Utd versus Wigan could possibly be chosen for TV.

Especially given Wigans dire recent form.

Southampton/Norwich Vs Arsenal

and Derby Vs Leicester surely are the ties of the round.

Because their last consecutive 55 FA cup ties have been on tv. Every tie since 2005.

31 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

When will the match date be confirmed? I assume Man U will be one of the tv games leaving about 3 others. I would assume we may be one of them as a stand out fixture. Hope its Friday night for max recovery time to the Tuesday fixture!

I bet its expensive!

If it is televised I hope it's not Friday night. Evening kick offs are a tad awkward for me. Wouldn't object to a Saturday lunch time though (apart from the fact that the cup matches spread over the whole weekend instead of all at 3pm doesn't help with the magic and traditions of the FA cup).

14 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I'm still trying to fathom why you think man Utd versus Wigan could possibly be chosen for TV.

Same reason Man U reserves versus Reading got on the telly. Gotta chase those Somerset viewing figures.

55 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

When will the match date be confirmed? I assume Man U will be one of the tv games leaving about 3 others. I would assume we may be one of them as a stand out fixture. Hope its Friday night for max recovery time to the Tuesday fixture!

I bet its expensive!

Or move Tuesday night to Wednesday night. 

33 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Im still trying to fathom why you think man Utd versus Wigan could possibly be chosen for TV.

Man utd have been on TV for 55 times. Keep up. 

23 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Man utd have been on TV for 55 times. Keep up. 

55 consecutive times in the FA cup and the most of any team since 2005

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/revealed-teams-picked-fa-cup-coverage/

Manchester United host(ed) Reading on Saturday for what will be their 55th consecutive TV appearance in the FA Cup. That the biggest corporate entity in English football are an attractive proposition for ratings-hungry broadcasters comes as little surprise, but some feel the FA Cup should be used to showcase the game's more romantic and human stories. 

55 FA cup games in a row on live tv is absolutely true. That must have generated 100s of millions in extra sponsorship, advertising and tv rights by bunce. Nice little earner.

Even West Ham have had about 80% of their FA cup games live on tv in that time. No media bias there. At all.

In the last 10 years, the top FA cup live tv teams are something like:

ManU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Everton, West Ham and ..... Reading!

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Because they're playing man united! Whose last 55 days cup games been televised

sorry just seen already been mentioned!

4 hours ago, angieram said:

Because their last consecutive 55 FA cup ties have been on tv. Every tie since 2005.

And this is the saddest stat I've ever heard, pathetic in fact. This is a shame on our nation's TV providers, how are they chase the dollar ahead of FA Cup romanticism, do one Man U.

Archived