FA Cup

FindernRam

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers DEL. So just to confirm - the Leicester cup tie is on the Friday night of Jan 27th and its on BBC live?

I still can't find official confirmation anywhere but seems to be looking more and more likely. However, if that's the case, apart from police concerns, I can't see why there's a delay in announcing it. Worst case scenario would be on Monday in which case I can understand the delay as Leicester and our mid week league games will have to be re-arranged. 

36 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I still can't find official confirmation anywhere but seems to be looking more and more likely. However, if that's the case, apart from police concerns, I can't see why there's a delay in announcing it. Worst case scenario would be on Monday in which case I can understand the delay as Leicester and our mid week league games will have to be re-arranged. 

Ticket office on Twitter have said they hope to release ticket information for the game today, soon find out

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Cheers DEL. So just to confirm - the Leicester cup tie is on the Friday night of Jan 27th and its on BBC live?

Yes. 

Based on everything we've seen on here, its fairly sure/obvious on the Friday but to a normal fan who doesn't have 10,000 posts on a forum and only looks at the BBC website, every FA Cup game is still on the Saturday - that's my point about the fact its taken them too long to sort this out.

18 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Based on everything we've seen on here, its fairly sure/obvious on the Friday but to a normal fan who doesn't have 10,000 posts on a forum and only looks at the BBC website, every FA Cup game is still on the Saturday - that's my point about the fact its taken them too long to sort this out.

You're probably right and it will be on the Friday night but just because it's been said on this forum doesn't mean it's definately true. What has caused everyone to believe it will be Friday? 

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You're probably right and it will be on the Friday night but just because it's been said on this forum doesn't mean it's definately true. What has caused everyone to believe it will be Friday? 

I think a job advertisement asking for people to work at a Derby v Leicester match on a Friday and Steve Mac letting slip it was a Friday in a Press conference are a couple of giveaways.

I'm quite happy - love a game with 30,000 under the flood lights.

59 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Or we as fans demand an instant reaction nowadays instead of finding out in the Radio Times just a week before to see who might be on? 

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think a job advertisement asking for people to work at a Derby v Leicester match on a Friday and Steve Mac letting slip it was a Friday in a Press conference are a couple of giveaways.

I'm quite happy - love a game with 30,000 under the flood lights.

I have missed the Mac slip. 

8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Or we as fans demand an instant reaction nowadays instead of finding out in the Radio Times just a week before to see who might be on? 

Don't think its unfair for people who want to attend the game to have more than two weeks notice to book trains, hotels, or just general activities over that weekend?

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Its not that. Its wanting to know what day and time the match is on. If it is definitely Friday then i need to swap shift/book holiday/skive as i'm on late shift.

if its Saturday or Sunday i'm fine and Monday is good cos i'm on earlies....If they already know then just feckin tell us!

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Draw took place Monday night, ticket information will be announced today Friday, is that really too long?

BBC and BT would have needed to pick which games they wanted, agreed a day with the clubs, check with the Police, prices discussed, ticket allocations sorted, online ticketing system updated etc.

20 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Don't think its unfair for people who want to attend the game to have more than two weeks notice to book trains, hotels, or just general activities over that weekend?

So you want them to take police considerations, sort TV out, consider the move of other fixtures on the list in a space of 24 hours? 

Archived