FA Cup

FindernRam

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Friday night, shocking traffic for long distance travellers, no cup vouchers anymore, second team selections, live on terrestrial telly, devalued competition, one that we haven't the ability to win, a long way secondary to our main objective this season.

Too right.

Thankfully we have so far 20,000 season ticket holders and members who don't agree. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

Friday night, shocking traffic for long distance travellers, no cup vouchers anymore, second team selections, live on terrestrial telly, devalued competition, one that we haven't the ability to win, a long way secondary to our main objective this season.

Too right.

Its the Friday night bit for me combined with being on TV, had it been midday saturday or sunday i would sitll have gone and im a season ticket holder. But i am not doing friday night.

59 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

You would rather lose a cup final than get promotion ?

There's got to be a lot more behind that sentiment than you are letting on.......

Yes, I want to watch Derby county in the FA cup final at Wembley- the premier league will come and go but if we went up it would be nice but the cup is just a life time thing.

Winning the FA cup would get more recognition than winning the championship division, simply because top flight clubs entre the FA cup (and i know in theory you could win the fa cup without facing a top flight team) not matter if winning the 2nd division is a harder task.

for me, I'd rather we win something than just improve our league position to being in the top flight. However, it never works out as an either or choice.

I always thing a good cup run is a good thing.

I would love us to get to Wembley in the FA cup even for a semi final. I have saw Derby at Wembley 4 times. 1 doesn't really count as it was the Anglo Italian thingy. The other 3 were play offs. I haven't enjoyed any of them, even the WBA one, as the prize is so high that the fear of failure ruins my enjoyment. A semi against any Prem side would be a fun day out akin to the jolly ups like Fulham away but with 10 x the amount of fans. Covent Garden would be epic and a day never to forget. A full side out on Friday please and hopefully a full house to roar us on

Leicester had the right attitude back in the 90s- played full strength teams in the cup and took advantage of bigger clubs fielding weaker sides - in the League cup. They won it twice back then I think. Derby should really be going for cup competitions whatever it is. 

Winning the FA cup is once in a lifetime unless you are a supporter of probably the top 6/7 clubs. Promotion / relegation will probably happen a few times in lifetime if the club you support is the size of Derby. I don't think it's realistic to expect to win the cup but Derby should go for it. Full strength team and maximum commitment 

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Thankfully we have so far 20,000 season ticket holders and members who don't agree. 

The combination of Friday night, a seat move, it being on the telly and clinic visit at 4pm has done for me too.

On 22 January 2017 at 16:39, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It doesn't matter what everyone else does. Its not about agreeing with me or not. I'm just saying what I personally am doing and why.

I will be as pleased as anyone if we have a full house.

Doesn't make me less of a fan

I haven't lived in Derby or anywhere near for the last 35 years - although I suspect  I have attended far more games than you and have witnessed more of the ups and downs over the last 50 years than you can have dreamt about.

You might do well  to understand that other people have their own circumstances and opinions which might conceivably  differ from your own (or what you perceive to be the 'party line') and possibly even respect that . 

36 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

It doesn't matter what everyone else does. Its not about agreeing with me or not. I'm just saying what I personally am doing and why.

I will be as pleased as anyone if we have a full house.

Doesn't make me less of a fan

I haven't lived in Derby or anywhere near for the last 35 years - although I suspect  I have attended far more games than you and have witnessed more of the ups and downs over the last 50 years than you can have dreamt about.

You might do well  to understand that other people have their own circumstances and opinions which might conceivably  differ from your own (or what you perceive to be the 'party line') and possibly even respect that . 

Half fan.

On 22/01/2017 at 15:50, BobbyD said:

You would rather lose a cup final than get promotion ?

There's got to be a lot more behind that sentiment than you are letting on.......

I would. I've never looked upon this season as 'promotion or bust' - especially after the state Pearson left us in. The biggest footballing disappointment in my life, and my first season ticket was in 1966 (I can play full-fan top trumps too), was the defeat to Man Utd at Hillsborough. I want one trip to Wembley for a cup final before I die - win or lose.

Promotion can wait another year - anything this year is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Still over 4K home tickets left. Over 1,000 in southstand.

Thankyou for answered my question. Should be gone by then I think. 

Archived