FA Cup

FindernRam

17 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So season ticket holders seats were reserved until 5pm today, I'm now on the website - there is nothing available. I cannot believe that all season ticket holders have bought tickets for this game. Anyone else having the same problem?

2 seats available in Block H of the West stand is all I can see.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having problems with the website too, trying to move a season ticket in the east and mine in the south to get 2 seats together and just can't get it to work. Looks like it'll be the good old telephone in the morning.

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just checked on line. Because of the extra Leicester allocation we have about 26,500 home tickets for this one. As of now we have sold 15,000 leaving 11,500 available. General sale starts this Saturday I think.

General sale tomorrow online only and Sunday counters and telephone. 

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I see there are sill about 6,500 home tickets available for Friday. Lots of season ticket holders not going?

Friday night, shocking traffic for long distance travellers, no cup vouchers anymore, second team selections, live on terrestrial telly, devalued competition, one that we haven't the ability to win, a long way secondary to our main objective this season.

Too right.

As a st holder since pp built, Friday is the very first home match in all these years that I have had a genuine choice.  have missed the odd game due to major work commitments before... i have decided to stay home and watch on the telly... main reason? it's my birthday and by half time I am aiming to hardly be able to see the screen ... so the walk back to the car and drive home would be a danger to both myself and others... coyr!!!

1 minute ago, Davide said:

Would take an FA Cup win over promotion!

I assume you mean winning the final :) Yes i would too. Even just an FA Cup final that we lose I would.

24 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I assume you mean winning the final :) Yes i would too. Even just an FA Cup final that we lose I would.

You would rather lose a cup final than get promotion ?

There's got to be a lot more behind that sentiment than you are letting on.......

12 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

You would rather lose a cup final than get promotion ?

There's got to be a lot more behind that sentiment than you are letting on.......

I would yes. I have seen Derby play in the premier league/top flight in my life time, but have never witnessed them in an FA Cup Final.

My theory is an FA Cup Final appearance for a club like Derby is once in a lifetime (if that), while I am confident that if we dont get promoted this season we will at some point sometime soon.

I guess for me the FA Cup final still brings back memories of being young and watching the build up from early morning on TV regarless of who was in the final.

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I would yes. I have seen Derby play in the premier league/top flight in my life time, but have never witnessed them in an FA Cup Final.

My theory is an FA Cup Final appearance for a club like Derby is once in a lifetime (if that), while I am confident that if we dont get promoted this season we will at some point sometime soon.

I guess for me the FA Cup final still brings back memories of being young and watching the build up from early morning on TV regarless of who was in the final.

Really fair comment

Do you think we have a better chance of being in a Cup Final this season , or might we have a better chance as a Premier team in due course ?

1 minute ago, BobbyD said:

Really fair comment

Do you think we have a better chance of being in a Cup Final this season , or might we have a better chance as a Premier team in due course ?

In the long run I think being a premier league team gives us more chance, but I am speaking hypothetically that if we did have a run that saw us with a chance of the final i'd take that over just missing out on promotion. Getting to the final and the play off final would be fantastic....if only to see the FA and EFL try and work out what they do about their crazy idea to play both finals the same weekend.

I dont think we have much of a chance this season, if im honest i think we will lose on friday and that will be it, but i also thought we would lose to WBA so what do i know. I hope we win of course.

Archived