De Sart - Signed on loan

Day

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

So because I don't like loan signings I'm a forest fan very strange 

Why do you dislike loan signings so much? Chris Martin, George Thorne, Patrick Bamford, Andre Wisdom, Jordon Ibe, Jack Butland and Tom Ince have all been incredibly successful loan signings for us that have only improved our team.

31 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Couldn't be less exited don't like loan signings especially one's that can't get into sh#t prem teams , would much prefer players come in that are going to be a improvement on what we've got and start for the first team ,we need players in that will improve our goals for and get us up the table not bench warmers we've got enough of those already!

Ummm....

image.jpeg

Oh wait he was ****:D

17 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Sounds a lot like Omar mascarell to me! Hopefully will have more physical presence 

To be honest it was never Mascarell's physicality that held him back, it was his discipline and his positioning. You don't have to be a big bruiser of a CDM as long as you have good anticipation, good positioning and are positionally disciplined. The best CDM in the world is probably Busquets and he isn't exactly physically imposing. 

He's played Champions League football, but it's not worked out for him at Boro. 

I'm sure, one way or another, this will make for an interesting debate in the summer. If he's anything like the last Premier League CDM we took on loan, anyway. 

It's a smart move for all parties involved. IF Thorne is out for the entirety of the season then he's good cover for Johnson. It's a position we don't really need to buy for, so a loan player for the time being could be ideal. The left back issue is another example of where this method could utilised.

The way football has changed in terms of tough tackling becoming more and more outlawed the role in front of the centre backs is far more about positioning,reading the game and being able to nick the ball or stay on your feet and Harry attackers ,, then be able to do the Thorne thing in terms of great passing and retaining posetion under pressure so I'm not overly worried if the player we bring in for this role is not a bruiser of a beast ,,, can be good in some games and OK as cover but not the qualities we will build a team around

Archived