George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

So Johnathon Douglas decides to take Thorne off at the knee does that make him injury prone Bent has Four months out injuring himself taking a penalty suppose that makes him injury prone If going to judge a player by how much playing time he misses then definitely makes Hughes injury prone You would have thought Watford would have picked that up or at least their insurer's 

Yup, thorne played over 30 games that's season. Can't account for a thug who decided to go in studs up in a nothing game. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Norman said:

Didn't know where to start. Thank you :thumbsup:.

I often watch the Arsenal game on YouTube. Deano's finish, chipping it over Seaman is one of my favourite goals. Just because of the defence Arsenal had at the time and how we ripped through them.

Here is where I go to, they go back to 96/97 with line ups.

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=747&teamTabs=results

Looking at the players they had in that team, Seaman Dixon Adams Bould Winterburn Platt Vieira Petit Parlour Anelka Wright. The way we demolished them was unbelievable. And, as you say, Sturridge's goal was a thing of beauty.

16 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Exactly. Hughes has gone and we're doing pretty well. Don't think we'd be any better if he stayed.

I love George and would love him to stay, but i'm sure we'd get on ok without him. Worrying about the possibility of him going is just crazy, as more than likely he won't.

The club moves on, of course...no player is bigger than the club.

My point is that I don't want to. I want George to fulfil his potential here and get promoted with us.

we would be crazy to let Thorne go it's ok saying no players bigger then the club but Thorne is our future midfield Huddlestone and Ledley arnt going to be around for ever Thorne is our best midfielder and the youngest be crazy not to keep him get Jack colbeck in and colbeck and Thorne cm we would be so solid, I no Huddlestone and Ledley have done well but that's what I would like to see ì think even in the prem them 2 would hold there own 

46 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

we would be crazy to let Thorne go it's ok saying no players bigger then the club but Thorne is our future midfield Huddlestone and Ledley arnt going to be around for ever Thorne is our best midfielder and the youngest be crazy not to keep him get Jack colbeck in and colbeck and Thorne cm we would be so solid, I no Huddlestone and Ledley have done well but that's what I would like to see ì think even in the prem them 2 would hold there own 

Everybody wants him to be the major success here that we know he could be but we can’t force him to sign a contract extension and economics say that we need to sell in January if he is not staying or use him to the end of his contract and maybe he makes his mind up and wants to stay.

Just don't understand some fans banging the drum to get Jack Colback signed in January - the guy's an average Championship player who's time in the PL has been spent with 2 struggling clubs.

Aside from the fact he'll be on PL money, he's certainly no better than our current midfielders and whatever cash is available to spend in January, we need to spend it wisely not waste it on another average-at-best player.

He's not exactly old, I don't really see any disadvantages at offering him a new deal, especially when players like Shackell,Anya and Bent being paid a tone to sit on the sidelines, get rid of them and help to fund a new deal for Thorne. It is really that simple. Otherwise, he will be a larger miss than Hughes and Ince.

On 20 December 2017 at 11:32, needles said:

When I woke up last Sunday morning I was unusually happy. Took me a while to work it out, but yep...it was a big stiffy.

Ftfy

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Everybody wants him to be the major success here that we know he could be but we can’t force him to sign a contract extension and economics say that we need to sell in January if he is not staying or use him to the end of his contract and maybe he makes his mind up and wants to stay.

Well if he ain't going to sign I don' see why he wouldn't after such a injury time over past couple of seasons but if he' dragging it out sell him in January and get Jack colbeck in 

3 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

Well if he ain't going to sign I don' see why he wouldn't after such a injury time over past couple of seasons but if he' dragging it out sell him in January and get Jack colbeck in 

No please not Jack Colback - why has everyone suddenly deemed him to be a quality player. Surely he does not have th same presence as Thorne? Would rather sign someone younger on less wages please.

Just now, Mr Giggles said:

No please not Jack Colback - why has everyone suddenly deemed him to be a quality player. Surely he does not have th same presence as Thorne? Would rather sign someone younger on less wages please.

Not everyone - just 1, maybe 2 posters (probably his agent / family member/ lover in disguise)

11 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Jack Colback isn't anywhere close to George Thorne's ability. Anyone who seriously thinks we should get rid of Thorne for Colback needs to seriously watch more football. A fully fit George Thorne is the most complete midfielder in this league. 

Otherwise I fully agree but those people should simply just stop watching football. Lost causes, all of them.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:
  On 20/12/2017 at 11:32, needles said:

When I woke up last Sunday morning I was unusually happy. Took me a while to work it out, but yep...it was a big stiffy.

Had you forgotten rastus was staying over?

6 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

I like colbeck I always have apart from Thorne he' better then anybody we have, and can' see us signing anybody better then colbeck great championship player but note more. hopefully because we will get rid of anya shackell maybe Martin and anybody else then they will make sure they keep Thorne there' £100,000 a week there 

Archived