Booing Bucko on Saturday.

ollycutts1982

10 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Not any more he isn't. :ph34r:

I take 'one of our own' to mean a local lad (Riggott/Elliott) or someone who has come up through our ranks (Hughes/Hendrick). 

Lot of respect for Jake's service, he was the model footballer who kept on improving, but don't see him as 'one of our own', isn't he a Forest or Mansfield lad?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Welcome back Jake "black boots" Buxton.  :thumbsup:

In an old article written by leading sports psychologist Dr Martin Perry he classifies  footballers according to their choice of footwear. The colour of a footballer’s boots reveals what type of player he is.

The Old Pro: Black Boots 

Black, of course, is a safe colour and suggests certainty and authority. Having been at the club all his senior career, black boots might be your gnarly team captain. He will have seen it all before and doesn’t take readily to new methods. He might be silently scathing in his criticism of those who wear coloured boots. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

If I spot the merest hint of brushed gold, tropical lemon, blue lagoon, pepper red or orange fizz on Bucko's boots then I shall be extremely disappointed.

*** All colours copyright of Dulux.

When my son was mascot against the Dogs in the 5-0, Edward wore his Adidas Kaiser 5's. Jake Buxton , on seeing Edward's black boots with the 3 white stripes said "They're proper boots Edward!". 

Top bloke. 

5 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Look at the top. I mean crisp out of the packaging. Probably one of his many sponsorship deals will Ralph. Strutting round flashing the cash. Just used Derby for his own gain, Jakes personal cash cow. 

Also won the action man contract to further feather his nest

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3718.JPG

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

When my son was mascot against the Dogs in the 5-0, Edward wore his Adidas Kaiser 5's. Jake Buxton , on seeing Edward's black boots with the 3 white stripes said "They're proper boots Edward!". 

Top bloke. 

Are you Eddies dad ? With reference to Buxton he should get a round of applause pre match and post match, but keep singing his name during the game like at Wigan away is too much in my opinion. Get behind the current bunch during game time.

12 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Look at the top. I mean crisp out of the packaging. Probably one of his many sponsorship deals will Ralph. Strutting round flashing the cash. Just used Derby for his own gain, Jakes personal cash cow. 

Ralph Lauren my ar$e, that's from a car boot sale.

Got my tickets for tomorrow and looking forward to seeing the legend back at Pride Park where he belongs.  He's the 21st century Bobby Davison.

On 29 December 2016 at 17:11, Old Spalding Ram said:

Welcome back Jake "black boots" Buxton.  :thumbsup:

In an old article written by leading sports psychologist Dr Martin Perry he classifies  footballers according to their choice of footwear. The colour of a footballer’s boots reveals what type of player he is.

The Old Pro: Black Boots 

Black, of course, is a safe colour and suggests certainty and authority. Having been at the club all his senior career, black boots might be your gnarly team captain. He will have seen it all before and doesn’t take readily to new methods. He might be silently scathing in his criticism of those who wear coloured boots. Always worn traditional black boots, and always will.

If I spot the merest hint of brushed gold, tropical lemon, blue lagoon, pepper red or orange fizz on Bucko's boots then I shall be extremely disappointed.

*** All colours copyright of Dulux.

Bloody psychologists!

adidas-predator-lz-fg-football-boots-sil

Archived