Jump to content

Pride Park again thankfully


Curtains
 Share

Recommended Posts

Been a lot worse names for grounds but glad we are going back to Pride Park.

Boring question I know,  but I just dont understand how clubs get the general media to agree/collude with the name change? Obviously the local press and club officials have to use the new name...but personally I have never said I'm 'going to the Ipro'. It's always been Pride Park. Not even done out of some protest...that's what it's called...and most fans whether local or just generally are the same.

So why do the national press agree on 1st Jan (or whatever) to just change the name in the full knowledge no-one really calls it that and in 2years it will revert anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Been a lot worse names for grounds but glad we are going back to Pride Park.

Boring question I know,  but I just dont understand how clubs get the general media to agree/collude with the name change? Obviously the local press and club officials have to use the new name...but personally I have never said I'm 'going to the Ipro'. It's always been Pride Park. Not even done out of some protest...that's what it's called...and most fans whether local or just generally are the same.

So why do the national press agree on 1st Jan (or whatever) to just change the name in the full knowledge no-one really calls it that and in 2years it will revert anyway?

Never ever wanted the Stadium name to change from Pride Park. 

Peter Gadsby and Lionel Pickering along with a lot of others built it thankfully for us Derby fans  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I quite liked the name "The Ipro" to be fair. Bit catchier than pride park.

I await the next name with baited breath. Dont expect it to stay as PPS for too long.

edit: For the record I did start referring to it as the ipro amounst friends and work colleagues, as they did. I might call it PPS in a forum post or text message or something, but never referred to it as Pride Park Stadium in spoken language, and Pride Park to me, is the whole area which the PPS is built on. The Velodrome, football stadium, Roundhouse, numerous hotels, software AG, City Point housing, thats all Pride Park to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

edit: For the record I did start referring to it as the ipro amounst friends and work colleagues, as they did. I might call it PPS in a forum post or text message or something, but never referred to it as Pride Park Stadium in spoken language, and Pride Park to me, is the whole area which the PPS is built on. The Velodrome, football stadium, Roundhouse, numerous hotels, software AG, City Point housing, thats all Pride Park to me.

True story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's changing officially on 1/1/17 for commercial reasons. iPro are currently receiving free advertising as they are not paying us anymore. 

iPro can no longer pay their bills for their huge sponsorship deals (ours being the largest) on account of nobody buying their overpriced and ineffective sports drink, so they have transferred the brand over to a different holding company to continue their desperate attempt to sell more than a couple of bottles leaving us and many others out of pocket.

Would be very interested to know how much money we actually received from them, if any. 

Think iPro have been very clever in doing this which allowed them to overpay for blanket sponsorship, though they are obviously not clever enough to manufacture a drinkable product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A simple credit check on Ipro three years ago or whenever it was told you they didn't have the capital. I did the check, looks like our CEO didn't. (Tongue in cheek, of course he did, took a risk and got it wrong).

First bad decision Rush made in my opinion. I don't mind a commercial sponsorship worth £700k a year but something which changes a culture must be correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

A simple credit check on Ipro three years ago or whenever it was told you they didn't have the capital. I did the check, looks like our CEO didn't. (Tongue in cheek, of course he did, took a risk and got it wrong).

First bad decision Rush made in my opinion. I don't mind a commercial sponsorship worth £700k a year but something which changes a culture must be correct.

Well we didn't lose anything as there weren't any naming rights prior to the iPro deal unless i'm missing something, agreed though glad its back to Pride Park. With the going back theme, first SM and now this maybe we should bring Clod back, a quick search reveals, rather surprisingly, that he is a free agent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, The Key Club King said:

It's changing officially on 1/1/17 for commercial reasons. iPro are currently receiving free advertising as they are not paying us anymore. 

iPro can no longer pay their bills for their huge sponsorship deals (ours being the largest) on account of nobody buying their overpriced and ineffective sports drink, so they have transferred the brand over to a different holding company to continue their desperate attempt to sell more than a couple of bottles leaving us and many others out of pocket.

Would be very interested to know how much money we actually received from them, if any. 

Think iPro have been very clever in doing this which allowed them to overpay for blanket sponsorship, though they are obviously not clever enough to manufacture a drinkable product.

Hopefully you have evidence to back up claims like this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, rammieib said:

A simple credit check on Ipro three years ago or whenever it was told you they didn't have the capital. I did the check, looks like our CEO didn't. (Tongue in cheek, of course he did, took a risk and got it wrong).

First bad decision Rush made in my opinion. I don't mind a commercial sponsorship worth £700k a year but something which changes a culture must be correct.

I imagine a credit check on Derby County at the time would have shown a company in a very poor financial position, hence the need to try out such deals.

As another poster points out we've lost nothing in the deal (hopefully).

I actually think it was an admirable risk, giving a start up a shot at it, also who knows, the deal may have been front loaded making it an even more attractive proposition although I accept that this is unlikely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.