Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, nottskentuckyram said:

Not to mention lansbury seems to copitulate when things dont go his way 

Like i said ealier Hourihane is better option overall

Was that supposed to be capitulate or copulate? Don't want to be a spelling nazi, but they're very different things.

Had a chat to a mate of mine who's an avid Barnsley fan and brought up Hourihane...

Apparently he's a stereotypical CM, not particularly pacey but excellent passing. A lot of his assists have come from balls over the top into the box either from free kicks or long punted balls forward.

Now, not necessarily saying this is a bad thing but, is it right for us? We play different midfielder roles than what he usually plays and we don't have much success with going ''route 1'' and from what he implied, he's a very similar player to Butterfield.

Apparently he rated Butterfield more highly than Hourihane, make of that what you will

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Grass is always greener.

I bet there's more than a few fans of other teams would like butters, or Russell or (you get my drift).

Oh no doubt he would take Butterfield back but this was as an objective view, having seen both players at Barnsley

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

That's a bold statement to make with your first post. 

Well, jb12345 only joined the forum half an hour ago so he's either on a wind up or he's posting in good faith something he believes to be true...time will tell. scratchchin.gif

I'm still hopeful that we'll make this happen - purely from a footballing point of view, he's an improvement on Buttocks (and seems to have the positivity that Jacob has so clearly lost this season - it's been like watching a poor version or Ray 'the crab' Wilkins at times - backwards, sideways, backwards again....).

I remember Lansbury being the outstanding player in his time with the England U21s and he was tipped to have a great future at Arsenal. He might also bring the on-field leadership we've been missing for the last few seasons - if anyone can bring out the best in his footballing side, it's Mac - and certainly not Mr Potato Head at Villa.....

Archived