Who would you choose to play in the play offs? - End of season thoughts

RamsPolls

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Depends on the chippy. You can get some rank curry sauce and gravy if the chippy is crap. Peas are generally consistent so if you're just nipping into somewhere you've not been before and probably won't be back to, you play it safe with the peas. If you're testing out somewhere new that's just opened or you've just moved to the area, give the curry sauce a go. I tend to find if the curry sauce is crap, the gravy is great. If the gravy is crap, the curry sauce is great.

If they're both crap, break in and unleash a load of rapidly breeding rats and phone the council's food standards people. That sort of place doesn't deserve to stay open. Same if the peas are crap. How can you get mushy peas wrong?

Who needs to talk football. That's post of the year for me.

7 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

This deserves a like just for the fact you had 2 full paragraphs talking about the correct complimentary product to chips.

I'm a History student. Writing at length about **** that doesn't matter and nobody cares about is my forte.

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Bloody northerners.. Non of the above. Chips is chips and should not be soiled by peas or gravy.. Possible curry source option if totally wankered and not thinking straight.

Interesting question. Do Derby fans think of themselves as northern or southern? I come from north Yorkshire and to me anything south of Sheffield is southern.

Anyway, onto Ramspolls question now. I want Sheffield Wednesday and batter them at Wembley. Losers for a second time on the spin. Happy days.

26 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Depends on the chippy. You can get some rank curry sauce and gravy if the chippy is crap. Peas are generally consistent so if you're just nipping into somewhere you've not been before and probably won't be back to, you play it safe with the peas. If you're testing out somewhere new that's just opened or you've just moved to the area, give the curry sauce a go. I tend to find if the curry sauce is crap, the gravy is great. If the gravy is crap, the curry sauce is great.

If they're both crap, break in and unleash a load of rapidly breeding rats and phone the council's food standards people. That sort of place doesn't deserve to stay open. Same if the peas are crap. How can you get mushy peas wrong?

Should post this on the musicians thread but cracking name for a band.

'play it safe with the peas'

:lol:

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Interesting question. Do Derby fans think of themselves as northern or southern? I come from north Yorkshire and to me anything south of Sheffield is southern.

Anyway, onto Ramspolls question now. I want Sheffield Wednesday and batter them at Wembley. Losers for a second time on the spin. Happy days.

You all want to be Cockneys deep down :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Should post this on the musicians thread but cracking name for a band.

'play it safe with the peas'

:lol:

I call it 'Pea Assurance Theory' so that's probably punchier. Debut album "Send in the Rats". Sort of 'Djent-y', kind of like Meshuggah.

12 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Neither we are Midlands, straight smack bang in the middle and laugh at the northern monkeys and southern fairies :lol:

If Brighton and Newcastle go up automatically then I'd really like us to avoid playing Villa. Brucey is as experienced as they come in the championship and will probably have them firing on all cylinders by them. Plus they have got 3 or 4 genuine match winners who can get a goal out of nowhere without having to play particularly well

2 hours ago, Tombo said:

I'm a History student. Writing at length about **** that doesn't matter and nobody cares about is my forte.

Well you seem to have re-written history...peas, gravy, curry sauce. ...?? Where the bloody hell is the 'bean-mix'?? Baked beans all day long for me...the forgotten hero! 

As for the original question. I'm not one for wanting to add to the tension by playing teams I dislike. Soo... Brighton and Burton...two teams I kinda respect and would mind quite so much losing to. 

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Well you seem to have re-written history...peas, gravy, curry sauce. ...?? Where the bloody hell is the 'bean-mix'?? Baked beans all day long for me...the forgotten hero! 

You serious?

So you're the reason some chippies do bean mixes! I knew somebody must have been ordering it. Afraid to tell you you're on your own mate. How boring. You must hate flavour, there's no other explanation.

Archived