Who would you choose to play in the play offs? - End of season thoughts

RamsPolls

Before anyone snaps my head off, I know that we have only just got back into the play off positions & I am fully aware that there is a long long long way to go in the season. But imagine we have finished 3rd and just missed out on 2nd.

If you could choose anyone to play in the play offs, who would you choose?

You can choose any team out of the 24 teams in the championship, choose a team to play in the semi's & then the final @ wembley.

I would choose -

Forest in the semi finals - The reason behind this is that I would love to go the city ground in the play offs and win there, the atmosphere and the experience in the away end would be electric. Then to come back to Pride Park and slap them 4-0 in the home leg to send us to Wembley would be unreal, the place would be bouncing.

Birmingham in the Final - The reason behind this one would be that both sets of fans would sell out and it would be a good game of football. Also I always enjoy games between the 2 of us and think it would be a quality day out for all, topped off by a 2-0 win @ Wembley.

That would be my perfect play off scenario.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing as it's utterly pointless I would play the team bottom and second bottom of the league.

any forest fans looking for our reaction to Sunday's game on here to see if we are declaring our side better than peles Brazil, will have a field day with ***** like this.

not biting your head off, but the fact you have to write a huge disclaimer at the start of your post tells you the reaction you expect to get.

been in the playoffs 12 hours? "Who you want in the final", "where are you sitting at Wembley", "which pub are you drinking in pre game"

3 minutes ago, KBB said:

Seeing as it's utterly pointless I would play the team bottom and second bottom of the league.

any forest fans looking for our reaction to Sunday's game on here to see if we are declaring our side better than peles Brazil, will have a field day with ***** like this.

not biting your head off, but the fact you have to write a huge disclaimer at the start of your post tells you the reaction you expect to get.

been in the playoffs 12 hours? "Who you want in the final", "where are you sitting at Wembley", "which pub are you drinking in pre game"

I genuinely just wanted to know who people would choose... no need to be a dick about it. 

Then again by the way you post throughout this forum it must be hard not to be a tw@t for you. 

We can't get ahead of ourselves. Its pointless looking that far ahead. There is only 4 points between ourselves and Villa in 13th.

That said, at the end of September, people were planning their League 1 tour...

Sit back, enjoy the ride, maybe have this hypothetical in March/April when we're a good 8 points clear of 7th place.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I genuinely just wanted to know who people would choose... no need to be a dick about it. 

Then again by the way you post throughout this forum it must be hard not to be a tw@t for you. 

Very true mate. Someone makes a laughable post I call them on it, I expect every member to do the same for my laughable posts (of which there are many)

Ain't you got players to abuse on Twitter?

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

If that's the case, what does KBB's like to post ratio reveal about the rest of us?

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

Very true mate. Someone makes a laughable post I call them on it, I expect every member to do the same for my laughable posts (of which there are many)

Ain't you got players to abuse on Twitter?

That's your opinion. If I want to ask the forum who they would choose to play in the play offs then thats my choice. 

Don't like it? Don't comment. It's not hard.

Don't know why thats the only come back you've got, to talk about me abusing players. I have never abused a player that was playing in a derby shirt at the time. All of them are ex players or managers. 

Anything else you wanna talk about while we're here?

Just now, RamsPolls said:

That's your opinion. If I want to ask the forum who they would choose to play in the play offs then thats my choice. 

Don't like it? Don't comment. It's not hard.

Don't know why thats the only come back you've got, to talk about me abusing players. I have never abused a player that was playing in a derby shirt at the time. All of them are ex players or managers. 

Anything else you wanna talk about while we're here?

I'm only joking mate, I remember your Twitter getting stick so just pulling your plonker.

plenty to talk about mate. At the chippy is it peas, curry sauce or gravy? Be careful here as there is only one correct answer.

5 minutes ago, KBB said:

I'm only joking mate, I remember your Twitter getting stick so just pulling your plonker.

plenty to talk about mate. At the chippy is it peas, curry sauce or gravy? Be careful here as there is only one correct answer.

Depends on the chippy. You can get some rank curry sauce and gravy if the chippy is crap. Peas are generally consistent so if you're just nipping into somewhere you've not been before and probably won't be back to, you play it safe with the peas. If you're testing out somewhere new that's just opened or you've just moved to the area, give the curry sauce a go. I tend to find if the curry sauce is crap, the gravy is great. If the gravy is crap, the curry sauce is great.

If they're both crap, break in and unleash a load of rapidly breeding rats and phone the council's food standards people. That sort of place doesn't deserve to stay open. Same if the peas are crap. How can you get mushy peas wrong?

9 minutes ago, KBB said:

well I apologise lol. Bad mood today... Rough day at work lol. 

And yeah i got loads of stick this time last year when the Clement saga was cracking off haha. 

I remember when I said if Clement took us up into the prem I would donate £10 to every 1 point we had come the end of the season lol. 

Could I request Curry sauce with my chips please.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Depends on the chippy. You can get some rank curry sauce and gravy if the chippy is crap. Peas are generally consistent so if you're just nipping into somewhere you've not been before and probably won't be back to, you play it safe with the peas. If you're testing out somewhere new that's just opened or you've just moved to the area, give the curry sauce a go. I tend to find if the curry sauce is crap, the gravy is great. If the gravy is crap, the curry sauce is great.

If they're both crap, break in and unleash a load of rapidly breeding rats and phone the council's food standards people. That sort of place doesn't deserve to stay open. Same if the peas are crap. How can you get mushy peas wrong?

This deserves a like just for the fact you had 2 full paragraphs talking about the correct complimentary product to chips.

19 minutes ago, KBB said:

Bloody northerners.. Non of the above. Chips is chips and should not be soiled by peas or gravy.. Possible curry source option if totally wankered and not thinking straight.

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

well I apologise lol. Bad mood today... Rough day at work lol. 

And yeah i got loads of stick this time last year when the Clement saga was cracking off haha. 

I remember when I said if Clement took us up into the prem I would donate £10 to every 1 point we had come the end of the season lol. 

Could I request Curry sauce with my chips please.

No need to apologise at all mate. My posting style is quite sarcastic and I'm sure it annoyed many people, not just you.

Keep going on your twitter, I'm jot on twitter so didn't see any of it, but its your opinion and I respect that.

Curry sauce from my local is amazing so a very good choice.

Archived