So what do you do...

Chester40

On a Saturday when the big game is on Sunday??

Is it just me feeling a little out of sorts?? 

Do you have a family day and get points in the bag for a real session tomorrow?...or mooch about watching the other scores and working out where we will be in the table when we win tomorow?

Do you feel like you have a longer/better weekend where you don't have that empty Sunday with no real focal point ...orrr feel Saturday is now wasted cos you  can't focus on getting anything else done? ? I'm going to try and do some Christmas stuff done...but it will feel decidedly half-hearted?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stay in bed whilst admiring those that haven't had their Saturday ruined on the Paddy Power app picking 6 I think that will win. Then watch the early kick off, texting the missus my demands of tea, milk no sugar I'm sweet enough.

Towards the end of the game I'll get up, jump in the shower and make myself look beautiful and head to the pub to sulk as one ****** let's down my bet.

11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Strangely my Christmas spirit has appeared and I'm off to do some Christmas shopping . 

Hope your 'spirit' survives the bustling hordes.

My wife tells me we are all ready for Christmas and that she has wrapped all the presents she has bought on our behalf.

Should I feel a pang of guilt?

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

My wife tells me we are all ready for Christmas and that she has wrapped all the presents she has bought on our behalf.

Yes.

But it's better than a pang of wanting to murder every man, woman and child in a shopping center and spending agonising hours wrestling with sellotape

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

No, a pat on the back is in order for recognising the womenfolk are better at this kind of thing, delegation is a much underestimated skill to possess, 

(Make sure you get something fab for the Mrs mind, she sounds like a good 'un.)

13 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Go to another game and support local non league footy.

My nearest club is the world's oldest. Sheffield FC who actually play in Dronfield. They're at home today against Gresley so I might pop along there today.

I passed that ground the other week as I was approaching climax 

44 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Not at all. Normally I leave it to the missus but this year I feel I ought to buy her something.

20 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

No, a pat on the back is in order for recognising the womenfolk are better at this kind of thing, delegation is a much underestimated skill to possess, 

(Make sure you get something fab for the Mrs mind, she sounds like a good 'un.)

She is. She also really enjoys the whole present production process.

Tree day today, which enables me to do the caveman thing and pretend I know the difference between a good tree and a bad one. There will be a lot of eyeing up and down, banging the tree to fan it out and assessing its position in the room, all from a position of complete ignorance!

Fetching the young lamb from uni later which gives me time to sort out how many presents I've got stashed all over everywhere. MrRam wraps, I can't wrap to save my life. I can make a square box look like a Quality Street tin. 

I think 12 o'clock on a Sunday is an horrendous time for a football match. We're getting the bus in, got to be up at silly o'clock Sunday timetable is rubbish and the bus will probably be packed...All forgotten if we win though. 

Archived