import

loweman2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I suppose the Jim smith signings really stand out, at one time I think we played a team with no British player.

who was our first real import of note ? (please no silly Welsh Irish or Scottish answers I'm looking at you @Tamworthram)

i seem to recall we had an Egyptian dude in the early 1900s

Spoil sport. I'll go for the German centre back then (was that his position?).

Seriously though, there are almost too many great players to chose from. Maybe Baiano or Poom for me. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Spoil sport. I'll go for the German centre back then (was that his position?).

Seriously though, there are almost too many great players to chose from. Maybe Baiano or Poom for me. 

Stefan Schnoor? 

45 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Eranio for me , sheer class on the pitch , a totally humble and genuine person off it

Me too Eranio number one. 

Biano second (will always remember the time we changed his name for almost a whole game and the away fans were shocked into complete silence) 

However, Eranio was always a gent and gave more than enough time to the fans. 

Add to this his total quality on the pitch in any position asked to play and his dedication to the club. 

Loved him as a player. 

31 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Kinky for me, such a skillful player...should have played at a higher level

I remember watching him V Newcastle on a very cold dark day. Past his best but he had the ball, grinned at a defender and waved him to come to him .. And the sucker did .. At which point Georgi dogged forward and played the ball .. Loved him 

I think Con Blatsis is being unfairly overlooked !

Apart from him, Asanovic and Baiano I'd say were my favourite. Such natural talent.  Eranio, Stimac, Kinky, Wanchope....loved them all.  I liked Carbonari too and it's a shame we didn't see more of the injury prone Strupar.  Jim Smith really did bring some serious quality to the club. Shame it didn't last longer.

Archived