Fragile Rams

Curtains

Cracking result great first half performance,held on in the end for 3 points away from home,fortunate with penalty decisions? Well may be we are due a bit of good fortune and in fairness Wolves came out and gave everything in the second half ,hopefully  we can build on confidence and improve on closing down a game in the future.All in All excellent and a vast improvement from earlier performances.Keep up the good work and lets see us in the play offs for xmas.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fragile yes agreed.

Ist half performance as good as 13/14 season under Mac

2nd half performance the same as the games under Pearson this season.

But we are heading in the right direction.

Mac knows there is still an issue and will look to put it right.

23 hours ago, curtains said:

Battered Wolves 1st half but same old story 2nd half.

Good result though by the way  

Why can't we easily see games out . 

Like Darren Bent said in his post match interview. 

No 2 halfs are the same in football. We sat off them in second half wanting them to pressure us so we could attack them on the counter. It didn't exactly go to plan but it worked and we came away with the 3 points. 

Think some people are forgetting there are two teams in a football match.

Wolves had to come out swinging in the second half - and to their credit, they did. Yes, we weren't as good as in the first half, but not just because of us, but they actually started to make things difficult for us.

Christie's injury really hurt us too. As soon as he went off, they started hitting their left side with Cavaleiro. Total mis-match against Jamie Hanson. We then lost the out that Christie provides, too.

On 06/11/2016 at 09:51, curtains said:

Confidence not fully restored, it will come with time. 2-0 is a bit tricky (obv should have 4 or 5), do you stick or twist? When this team gets more sure of themselves, they'll batter some teams.

I doubt very much Mac would have said at half time, great 45 mins lads, now go back out, sit off them and try and counter them?

Nope, more like great 45 mins lads, and go back out and continue with the high pressing and put to game out of reach?

We went to sleep again for both their goals and placed self inflicted pressure on us.

As Mac said, we make it difficult for ourselves.....

On 11/6/2016 at 10:17, curtains said:

I'm not moaning I'm praising also but you can't see that.  

Don't even think about telling me that  you weren't slightly worried about our 2nd half performance yesterday because Mac himself said he wasn't happy with it. 

1st half we were majestic with written off players like Johnson and Butterfield pulling the strings along with Hughes. 

Some people on here said Johnson should never pull a Rams shirt on again. 

Well not when you start with the title Fragile Rams, no.

We weren't great 2nd half but both their goals were from individual errors, and from a lad who is yet to play many 1st team games.  They had the two chances they scored from and the Keogh clearance but Vydra missed his sitter as well, if that had gone in we would've been home & hosed.

I'm made up for Johnson, he's been very good the past few games, but I'm still not convinced on Butterfield.  He shone under Clement because we played to his pace, but now Schteve wants us to get forward between the lines quickly he slows the play and struggles to release players making dangerous runs...

30 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Well not when you start with the title Fragile Rams, no.

We weren't great 2nd half but both their goals were from individual errors, and from a lad who is yet to play many 1st team games.  They had the two chances they scored from and the Keogh clearance but Vydra missed his sitter as well, if that had gone in we would've been home & hosed.

I'm made up for Johnson, he's been very good the past few games, but I'm still not convinced on Butterfield.  He shone under Clement because we played to his pace, but now Schteve wants us to get forward between the lines quickly he slows the play and struggles to release players making dangerous runs...

How would you describe the team as a whole then. 

Brilliant. 

Average 

Work in progress. 

I say slightly fragile at times but also can be very very good. 

McClaren has done a great job so far and long may it continue.

Butterfield and Johnson have done well recently and Hughes also. 

The players seem revitalized and I did give them some stick under Pearson and Clement  

I feel like a hypocrite because I didn't want Mac back but Mel and Sam got it right by the looks of it by bringing him back although I have to point out they are responsible for manager appointments in the first place  

Humble pie from me. 

11 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

I agree we are still fragile and think it's down to not having a strong captain I think Thorne could be our man he's vocal and a natural leader . 

I'll never understand this weird obsession with captains here, it's up there with the Jordan Rhodes obsession for weirdness. If you think one player wearing an arm band stops a whole group of players stepping up then you are well out of touch IMO. Like they'd just negate their own personal and professional pride because the guy with the armband isn't running around screaming. The most important component these days is the manager, communicating tactics and instructions. If the players believe in the style enough and want success enough it'll happen.

On 06/11/2016 at 09:51, curtains said:

You actually want Derby to fail don't you? You'd prefer to be right than for Derby to succeed.

Just now, curtains said:

Emphatic NO

So why do you sound like it then? Why do you criticise good wins far too deeply? Why did you stop watching when Pearson was sacked? Why do you keep mentioning Johnson and Butterfield being written off by most?

You have a huge obsession with being right. We all post our gut feelings on the Rams - sometimes wrong, sometimes right - but you seem to celebrate your 'little victories' even when that doesn't always represent a Rams victory. You can't accept a good win without having to remind us that we're still not good enough and that you told us so. And that Bradley Johnson is decent and you told us so. Just give it a rest.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

So why do you sound like it then? Why do you criticise good wins far too deeply? Why did you stop watching when Pearson was sacked? Why do you keep mentioning Johnson and Butterfield being written off by most?

You have a huge obsession with being right. We all post our gut feelings on the Rams - sometimes wrong, sometimes right - but you seem to celebrate your 'little victories' even when that doesn't always represent a Rams victory. You can't accept a good win without having to remind us that we're still not good enough and that you told us so. And that Bradley Johnson is decent and you told us so. Just give it a rest.

I didn't stop watching I watch every turn but can't afford away games and I've been away for a while on holiday  

You on the other hand can see no wrong in DCFC I'm more objective.

You think Keogh is fantastic but I see his limitations as a centre back. 

Other people on here slag players and managers off but you are always on my case. 

I also praise players like Johnson and Hendrick and Thorne etc. 

Just now, curtains said:

I didn't stop watching I watch every turn but can't afford away games and I've been away for a while  

You on the other hand can see no wrong in DCFC I'm more objective.

You think Keogh is fantastic but I see his limitations as a centre back. 

Other people on here slag players and managers off but you are always on my case. 

I'm not always on your case, I normally avoid confrontation with you since we argued before and I ended up blocking you. Don't really want that childish nonsense so I don't. This was just too infuriating though.

I do see wrong in DCFC. We hired Nigel Pearson once. Very, very wrong.

Just now, Tombo said:

I'm not always on your case, I normally avoid confrontation with you since we argued before and I ended up blocking you. Don't really want that childish nonsense so I don't. This was just too infuriating though.

Who hired Nigel Pearson can you tell me ! 

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Pearson's Derby wouldn't have conceded 2 against Wolves in the second half.

They would've conceded once in the first half and everyone would acknowledge that was effectively game over and three points to Wolves.

Archived