Fragile Rams

Curtains

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Pearson's Derby wouldn't have conceded 2 against Wolves in the second half.

They would've conceded once in the first half and everyone would acknowledge that was effectively game over and three points to Wolves.

Mel and Sams Derby lol 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, curtains said:

How would you describe the team as a whole then. 

Brilliant. 

Average 

Work in progress. 

I say slightly fragile at times but also can be very very good. 

McClaren has done a great job so far and long may it continue.

Butterfield and Johnson have done well recently and Hughes also. 

The players seem revitalized and I did give them some stick under Pearson and Clement  

I feel like a hypocrite because I didn't want Mac back but Mel and Sam got it right by the looks of it by bringing him back although I have to point out they are responsible for manager appointments in the first place  

Humble pie from me. 

Work in progress pretty much sums it up, a lot more positive than fragile...

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:51, curtains said:

Battered Wolves 1st half but same old story 2nd half.

Good result though by the way  

Why can't we easily see games out . 

Speaking objectively, the first half saw an improving Derby team outplaying a very average Wolves team who, to compound matters got it wrong tactically. If the Rams had taken their chances, the second half would have been different. After the half time interval it was inevitable to see a different game as Wolverhampton had to get better and Derby weren't quite good enough to nullify the response. A bit of good fortune sealed the win and should be another boost to confidence.

Ah! Back to the day when playing well and winning wasn't enough. 

But this time it comes directly off the back of playing ***** and losing. Which was ok apparently. 

I see there's a good slating or two of our top players

Some Derby fans deserve Nigel Pearson. Bring him back. 

Composure is one of the most difficult things to coach.

For all Derby's hard work and commitment, we saw panic clearances, players going for the same ball, a goalkeeper flapping at crosses and running out of his goal and wingers losing possession rather than winning simple throws off defenders.

I was relieved when Tom took the ball into the corner for the last minute

If SM can install that pragmatism we will go far.

I almost wonder whether Baird (sorry B4) might be worth playing behind Keogh and Pearce to give their talent as defenders more direction?

This would also help fit Anya into Christie's position.

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ah! Back to the day when playing well and winning wasn't enough. 

But this time it comes directly off the back of playing ***** and losing. Which was ok apparently. 

I see there's a good slating or two of our top players

Some Derby fans deserve Nigel Pearson. Bring him back. 

Lets hope your still gloating at the end of the season .

Keogh rules ok. 

2 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Considering neither goal on Saturday was his fault and he showed good awareness to clear one of the line I'm failing to see your point...

Oh Keogh wasn't flailing around out of position trying to stop the cross coming in to which he failed for Wolves 2nd goal was he. 

He should have been in the *******  middle stopping the header for the goal. 

16 hours ago, curtains said:

Oh Keogh wasn't flailing around out of position trying to stop the cross coming in to which he failed for Wolves 2nd goal was he. 

He followed his man from the corner, should he not have done that? Or maybe tell someone else to follow his man and leave their man and rearrange who everyone was marking whilst the ball is in play? Easy to say he should be in the middle but you need to offer what everyone should have done differently.

16 hours ago, curtains said:

Man mark or mark fresh air?

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

He followed his man from the corner, should he not have done that? Or maybe tell someone else to follow his man and leave their man and rearrange who everyone was marking whilst the ball is in play? Easy to say he should be in the middle but you need to offer what everyone should have done differently.

Keogh is always in the wrong areas apart from 1 clearance off the line against Wolves  .

He's is the Captain he needs to organize Hanson and the rest of the defense  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/06/defending-england-dna-roy-hodgson-centre-backs-euro-2016

I'll applaud him when he gets it right  .

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

He is always in the wrong areas apart from 1 clearance off the line against Wolves  .

I'll applaud him when he gets it right  

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/06/defending-england-dna-roy-hodgson-centre-backs-euro-2016

So what should have happened then? You can say that he should not have been there, again his man that he was marking at the corner went short, but what should have happened? Who should have been covering Keogh's player? If he had left him the player turned ran in and scored you would be quick to say Keogh left his man. Or should he have sent Hanson over (as I have seen suggested by another poster) leaving his man free until Keogh can cover him?

12 minutes ago, rynny said:

So what should have happened then? You can say that he should not have been there, again his man that he was marking at the corner went short, but what should have happened? Who should have been covering Keogh's player? If he had left him the player turned ran in and scored you would be quick to say Keogh left his man. Or should he have sent Hanson over (as I have seen suggested by another poster) leaving his man free until Keogh can cover him?

He should have been organizing the defense simple. 

Hanson and Ince should have been dealing. 

Keogh didn't even stop the cross and he doesn't need to get sucked out wide all the time his primary job is as CB 

Read this or maybe Keogh should  

24 minutes ago, curtains said:

He should have been organizing the defense simple. 

Hanson and Ince should have been dealing. 

Keogh didn't even stop the cross and he doesn't need to get sucked out wide all the time his primary job is as CB 

Read this or maybe Keogh should  

It was a quick short corner, and is that Ince that was on the half way line? What if Hanson was marking a player at the back post? 

Archived