So happy Steve McClaren is back !!!!

Ibby

So happy McLaren is back - already seeing the excitement and entertainment back in our games. Tom Ince is showing his old form today. He starting to win me over the Gaffer.

Admin can you post, this in right section made a error.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just brilliant the way that Steve McClaren has got some of the players performing now after only being at the helm for a few short weeks. A few more games and I reckon we will all be thinking that Brad Johnson's transfer fee was a steal.

I feel more assured at the moment that we're starting to see the best from these players, in the first team at least. 

I've not felt like that since 13/14 and early 14/15. It's early days still, but there's no reason bent and ince can't get up there with some of the top scorers in the league if they continue like this. Granted, Bent's only scored one goal, but his record during McClaren's last spell was exceptional.

Me too! But then I didn't want him to leave either.

I notice that people have stopped going on about how what these over-paid pampered players needed was someone to impose some discipline and kick them into shape.

When all they really needed was a little lurve!  :wub:

And some excellent coaching of course.

I think Schteve is just what our Will needs also. Schteve commented in two post-match interviews that Will needs to control games more - to run them. He's pushing Will to the next level, which can only be good for both Derby and Will. 

The way that P***son (sorry for swearing) alienated Will initially then forced him to play in such a boring and thuggish way was one of the things that worried me. Now, Will can play to his strengths and reach another level. 

At least one of the damaging things that our previous manager inflicted on us can be reversed.... 

Actually RamO, you make a good point some owners might like to bear in mind when appointing a new manager, Will is a positive player with a good brain for spotting a move in the blink of an eye and at the heart of everything good about our play yet Pearson tried to turn him into something negative, it's criminal, he should be up on a disrepute charge or something, no wonder he never got the Wolves gig.

I am happy that Steve and Mel have both been big enough to put the dismissal behind them and move on. Its the sign of two strong men and both have gone up in my estimation.

I would love to know how the first approach was made, did Mel ring Steve directly? Did Sam Rush do it on Mel's behalf or was it through agents? Doesn't really matter it just makes the story more human when you know little details like that. Perhaps it'll come out at a Q&A session one day.

Steve can become a real Derby legend if he puts his heart and soul into this and forgets any other distractions. He can achieve what he wants here with Mel and us behind him.

Thank you Steve, for getting me excited again about the Rams, I will be honest , I was unsure about your appointment, but you really are the right manager to lead this team, you can see and hear how much the players are enjoying themselves again, and we the fans are also looking forward to the games again. I have a great feeling about the season again, what ever happens I know that we will play football in the right way , by this I mean attacking exciting football. 

8 minutes ago, mozza said:

We just need to be on our game for 90 minutes , not become complacent , we could and should have thrashed Wolves out of sight , we let them off the hook a bit in the second half , not good for my nerves or fingernails..

We still created clear cut chances in the second half.

Believe mozza owd lad, its coming! Its building up to gump thrash in December.

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

We still created clear cut chances in the second half.

Believe mozza owd lad, its coming! Its building up to gump thrash in December.

I know mate , but we were so good in the first half then damn near chucked it away in the second

We can have reservations about the way our midfield lost control in the second half, but for this thread let's give MacClaren the credit he deserves.

MacClaren should take the credit ( and perhaps others in his coaching staff ) for the way the performances of some players  ( Bent, Ince, Hughes , Johnson ) have been quickly improved . Was it the stubborn attitude to the changes Pearson wanted that was causing the problem? Who knows, but look how Hughes is back to his best now he is playing in a position and formation that suits him.

Archived