Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Doesn't Russell play him on when jumping for the ball? He seems on to me. Clearly behind our defence but Russell tried to win the ball and played him on in my opinion.

The camera angle makes it look like he is but dont forget that Russell is in the air so looks closer to our goal but isnt.

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

player who gets beaten to the header plays him on. Poor from the rest of the defence IMO 

Just now, rynny said:

The camera angle makes it look like he is but dont forget that Russell is in the air so looks closer to our goal but isnt.

Can't believe the progress we're making already - prior to the Wendies game, I thought we'd do well to drag ourselves out of the relegation battle by January. Looks like we've done it already.

Bill Leslie also pointed out that this was the first time we'd played under Mac against a side out of the top 10. If the first half is anything to go by, we already look streets ahead of the teams around us in the league.

Second half was a tad disappointing, but also understandable. We're not used to being in that position. Wolves were going to make changes. And I still think fitness is a concern for us and makes us likely to concede late goals.

Final point is I think Steve McClaren is good news for Butterfield. He's been more than just a tidy player in these past few games and he seems to be able to influence the game for longer periods of time than before.

Just got back from match , who cares whether their goal was offside , whether it was a penalty or not , whether Vydra should of scored , THE RAMS HAVE WON , well done lads , brilliant first half , dug in at the end , oh and a message for the wolves fan who took a swing at me near the ground after the match , hope you behave better than that at school on Monday you nobhead. COYR

Fabulous win at Wolves, game of two halves but to be fair we should have had 4 by HT and game over.

They came out more direct, we lost Christie Hanson had a bit of a mare at RB - Russell went to sleep to let them in for the first, get some luck with the pen, theirs deffo not one. And made it difficult for ourselves, went to sleep again for their 2nd.

Overall, great 1st half performance  - very much like 13/14 season display, 2nd half a bit like late 14/15 season!

Great team performance, Ince and Hughes both stood out and a  worldy from Benty :thumbsup:

Mac starting to work his magic!

Going to Molineux and getting 3 pts is fantastic. 

Who needs Martin!

5 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Just got back from match , who cares whether their goal was offside , whether it was a penalty or not , whether Vydra should of scored , THE RAMS HAVE WON , well done lads , brilliant first half , dug in at the end , oh and a message for the wolves fan who took a swing at me near the ground after the match , hope you behave better than that at school on Monday you nobhead. COYR

Did RK get a block in before the punch landed.

43 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Their right back was terrible. As good as we were in the first half, if they had a decent right back then we could easily have gone in level at half time, as our two goals came initially from Iorfa's side of the pitch. He's an England U21 international too. Over 70 games at this level. Hanson wasn't great but I'd have him over Iorfa on that showing every day of the week. Had a quick browse of the Wolves forum to see what they made of him and I found this comment pretty accurate...

In fairness Iorfa is a right back mostly. Him playing centre back is like us playing Christie at Cb or a better example would be Forsyth at cb like we did a few years ago at one stage. His touch was very sloppy though and he looked like he would make a mistake every time

Guy next to us was whingeing about Tom Ince and Darren Bent before the kickoff. When Bent missed the early chance, I thought he was going to explode. I wished he had.

As for the match, two things contributed massively to our lacklustre second-half performance - Hughes being on a yellow, and Christie having to go off injured. Both players so good in the first 45 minutes.

One last thing - Max Lowe is going to be one hell of a player.

Had to get a delay to start time at work from a friendly manager...... Phew, with our record for conceding late it really really warranted an extra pair of Bill Grundys close at hand. However they were not needed and I can congratulate myself on an almost perfect prediction of 1-3 and Ince first scorer. Not sure how that pans out for my league position but hell, enjoy your evening boys and girls. Steady progress continues and while Mac and CP  (good luck Simmo whatever you're up to just now!) have work to do it's a great big V. COYR SSA!! 

Was much closer than it should have been. Some real sloppiness in the second half just encouraged a Wolves side that were having a bit of a go. If we'd managed our possession better then they'd not have come on so strong. But we still created enough to see the game out easily. 

Thought Carson, Hanson and Russell could have done a lot more.

Thought Hughes, Johnson, Ince, Bent and Cyrus were very good.

Butterfield was totally a mixed bag. 

And Max Lowe is better than Olsson imo. 

Just after HT when Wolves were always going to come out and chuck themselves at us we just needed to take the sting out and then they'd let up because they were beaten. 

What you don't need is Butterfield and Russell and Lowe standing flat footed. Passing the ball lazily with a swing of the foot. Even Hughes had a go. Then there was Hanson who was poor again imo. He's got to chill out. He is so desperate to read the ball and get the ball that he's getting suckered into bad positions. Football at this level is far smarter than youth level. Naivety gets punished. And he's better player than he's showed in the last couple of games. His passing has been off. 

It was just silliness from us after we'd really won it by the half hour mark with brilliant game management and football

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It was just silliness from us after we'd really won it by the half hour mark with brilliant game management and football

Not much of a surprise we're a bit rusty here - when was the last time we had a two goal lead away from home in a league game?

Not a lot of game management involved in a scoreless draw.

18 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Never do that to me again Derby...

Johnson and Hughes absolutely top class 

It's Derby Way mate 

:lol:

Archived