Remind me why we sacked pearson

archied

16 pages of utterly utterly pointless moaning. 

We've had a new manager for 3 games, we can't move any players out until January at the very earliest.

We've been crap this season for a reason, you cannot expect instant gratification against a team at the top of the league. Who cares if we beat them last season, they're up there on merit and for the majority of the game it sounded like we matched them tbh. 

Our issue is the same as it has been for weeks now, we just aren't creating chances. But these things take time. Chill out, sit down and stop screaming and shouting abuse at the club every time we don't win a f*cking game. It's football, there are 11 men in a different kit trying to stop us scoring. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, eddie said:

My opinion is that some are, indeed, terrible supporters.

I miss the days of N clough, only 24 thousand of us there, but at least we were content that we were a bit **** and so went mental at any goal/win/positive performance. Now expectations are so high that the majority can't enjoy a game unless we're 2/3-0 up. Wouldn't dream of booing the team off at 0-0 at half time 4 seasons back. Just happy we weren't behind. 

29 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I miss the days of N clough, only 24 thousand of us there, but at least we were content that we were a bit **** and so went mental at any goal/win/positive performance. Now expectations are so high that the majority can't enjoy a game unless we're 2/3-0 up. Wouldn't dream of booing the team off at 0-0 at half time 4 seasons back. Just happy we weren't behind. 

Clough was a breath of fresh air compared to Bill Frown and Terry Westley. Remember the days of 1, 2 and up in the air? Anyone want to go back to those days?

Give Mac some chance to work on performances. Those who thought Pearson should've been given more time, it's irrelevant now - but mac hasn't had any time at all yet. You can't be moaning about the football and simultaneously saying Pearson would've turned it round given long enough.

3 hours ago, Ninos said:

Yeah but you're in the north stand and that makes you a 3/4 fan. 

At the back too. Those stairs are wearing me to a shadow. Last year there though. We are moving next season.

3 hours ago, Duracell said:

The reaction from large swathes of our support following a narrow away defeat - our first in 4 - is pathetic.

Spat our dummy out.

Don't enjoy being a Derby fan when it's like this. Grow up.

As I mainly go to away matches I have a long and glittering record of disappointing let downs in performance. 

Ah I remember the anticipation, the singing, the optimism .....only for Gareth Roberts to get roasted inside the first few minutes and we'd be one down.

That's the issue - we're building false hope by staying in the games for so long :lol:

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

As I mainly go to away matches I have a long and glittering record of disappointing let downs in performance. 

Ah I remember the anticipation, the singing, the optimism .....only for Gareth Roberts to get roasted inside the first few minutes and we'd be one down.

That's the issue - we're building false hope by staying in the games for so long :lol:

Remember when Roberts was an improvement on the left backs we had before?! Those were the days, seeing a new loan right back every week. Some (seemingly) amazing like Frederick Stoor, some complete rubbish like Nicky Hunt.

We've gone from seeing Robert getting roasted by a nippy winger every week, to seeing Olsson getting beaten in the air every week.

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Remember when Roberts was an improvement on the left backs we had before?! Those were the days, seeing a new loan right back every week. Some (seemingly) amazing like Frederick Stoor, some complete rubbish like Nicky Hunt.

We've gone from seeing Robert getting roasted by a nippy winger every week, to seeing Olsson getting beaten in the air every week.

Not to mention blooding the youth that was,  well, not very good. Kieron freeman for example.

How expectations have risen....

18 minutes ago, toddy said:

It was the performance, or lack of.......

And for me the constant recurring theme of this group of players never seeing anything out, whether that be pathetic ends to promotion winning positions or 90 th 91 st 92 nd 93 rd minute give away goals to turn wins into draws or draws into losses ,, no matter how you slice it ,it started with the Wembley loss to ten men and has got worse and worse to the point where your more surprised if this group don't mess it up ,, sorry it's a rebuild for me or else we are going to keep going through managers  like ince does best playing positions

On 10/22/2016 at 20:28, curtains said:

Wasn't playing the Derby way like Geordie Mac 

pearson should have been given more time he would have sorted this lot out no so sure about maclaren  think he would be a soft touch for the present spoilt brats wearing our famous shirt ive followed derby for over 40 years very sad with whats going on right now 

11 hours ago, munsterrams said:

pearson should have been given more time he would have sorted this lot out no so sure about maclaren  think he would be a soft touch for the present spoilt brats wearing our famous shirt ive followed derby for over 40 years very sad with whats going on right now 

Except he wasn't sorting them out - unless by that you mean get rid of them all? All this continual harping on about 'spoilt brats' is just so much nonsense - which players are you going to sign that will play for 5p and a bag of balls then?

12 hours ago, munsterrams said:

Why are you so sure about Pearson when he was systematically destroying out side, yet you're not so sure about Mac who managed to get a mid table side to a play-off final?

21 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Why are you so sure about Pearson when he was systematically destroying out side, yet you're not so sure about Mac who managed to get a mid table side to a play-off final?

You have hit the nail on the head, we are still a mid table side, what goes around comes around.................

Ive purposely stayed off the forum since the defeat. I usually do. Got to page three of this thread tonight and decided to post this and only this... 

We had just gone four unbeaten and were showing signs of improvement. The biggest moaners on here weren't at Cardiff or Reading to judge half those four games. We lost on Saturday to a side that had won all but one of their home games. In the last minute. 

Am I easily pleased because I don't feel the need to literally log on to this forum the minute the whistle blows to hammer the players and/or manager? Because it seems when reading this forum that the vast majority hate the Club and its players. And managers. And fellow fans. It's weird that. 

I appreciate this is a great place for discussion and debate about our beloved Rams. But I keep seeing far too much vitriol. 

Is it just me?

As has been pointed out earlier - nobody was sacked. Mutually agreed termination of contract. No admission of guilt. No presumption that anything happened. All parties decided to walk away as the best course of action. Everything else is pure speculation. 

Archived