Remind me why we sacked pearson

archied

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

dont get me started on bent.

the sooner his contract runs out the better 

I'd rather see a fit Zanzala, Bennett, rod, Jane or Freddie given the nod.

my heart sinks everytime he gets involved now.

he'll probably get a few goals at some point this season but he's one of the worst footballers Iv ever seen, and Iv see some rubbish watching this club over the years 

When Bent came on I thought oh fvck!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

1-0 loss to one of the best sides in the league and people are throwing their toys out of the pram. Thank god half of you aren't anywhere near a position of power at Derby, we'd be run into the ground.

It's kinda ironic one of them who throws the toys out the pram is the actual owner. Thank god some dare speak out against the way this club has been ran over the last two and a half years..... instead of being impressed by free hot drinks and heating in the concourses. What's next a water feature where fans can make a wish for the good times to come back.

Most have got what they wished for..... 

We need to remove all the dross from our club. It will take a while but once it happens the good times will come back. Pearson was the man conducting this change in philosophy and I fully trusted him, his football was awful but he was the only manager that we have had over the last few years that I trusted enough to bring about the change. It was never going to happen overnight. We are the tottenham of the championship, at least what they were a few years ago. Pochettino got rid of all the big personalities with big egos and replaced them with young hungry fit players that fit the same philosophy. We need to do the same. I'd play this tbh

Mitchell

Anya    Rawson    Pearce    Lowe

Thorne    Hanson

Camara        Hughes       Weimann

Vydra

I don't even care anymore

Tell you what - scrap the first team, lets have the under 21s and under 18s out there - Pearson admitted there was a problem, McClaren did today, said it was worse than he thought.  What the hell problem is it. 11 footballers. Play football. Not hard is it?  It's football. Are we making it harder than it is? Four managers later....still 5hit. WTAF. 

There is so much discord between fans and players and anger towards the likes of Bent, Ince, Keogh et al and given our league position with little chance of getting in the play offs that perhaps now is the perfect time for Shteve to chuck some of the youngsters in and see how they get on.

Without tempting fate and not wanting to be arrogant and complacent, we aren't going down no matter who we play. I think that's safe to assume so let's take this opportunity to develop some of our more promising youngsters and bin off those who have been on easy street for quite a while.

I'm happy with Keogh generally but Ince and Bent aren't up to it but I hope they can resurrect their careers elsewhere and be a success.

With Pearson I saw a good honest man trying to implement his own philosophy but was facing a losing battle from the get go as the players didn't want to work hard enough to match his demands. Not as if Pearson told the players to go out and play like they did but the players wanted him out just like they wanted Wassall out and Clement before him and just how they will eventually want McClaren out

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

With Pearson I saw a good honest man trying to implement his own philosophy but was facing a losing battle from the get go as the players didn't want to work hard enough to match his demands. Not as if Pearson told the players to go out and play like they did but the players wanted him out just like they wanted Wassall out and Clement before him and just how they will eventually want McClaren out

Forum shut down in 3… 2…

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Forum shut down in 3… 2…

Everything I said there is true, the truth hurts. That's fine. If people think that Pearson told them to go out and play like they did they are living in cloud cuckoo land. Only so much he could do when the players didn't like him

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Everything I said there is true, the truth hurts. That's fine. If people think that Pearson told them to go out and play like they did they are living in cloud cuckoo land. Only so much he could do when the players didn't like him

It's the truth is it? Prove it. 

And if you can't then I'd be a little concerned for you if ever you got taken to court! 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

It's the truth is it? Prove it. 

And if you can't then I'd be a little concerned for you if ever you got taken to court! 

Taken to court by whom exactly? Try disproving any of that statement. Players simply didn't want to play for Pearson. Not talking about his sacking because what he did was wrong, I'm talking about the performances before hand to support my point. You think that Pearson said to the players before each game saying ok lads let's play a crap variation of 4-4-2 and hoof it up front? Nope absolutely not. Pearson was the easy target by those wearing their ram blinkered glasses to actually see that maybe just maybe these players aren't as good as they think they are.

36 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It's kinda ironic one of them who throws the toys out the pram is the actual owner. Thank god some dare speak out against the way this club has been ran over the last two and a half years..... instead of being impressed by free hot drinks and heating in the concourses. What's next a water feature where fans can make a wish for the good times to come back.

Most have got what they wished for..... 

You're talking as if we're a side that's been systematically destroyed by our owner. Have a word with a Blackpool, Charlton or Coventry fan about our 'poor ownership' and they'll piss themselves laughing at you. 

Mac is in a difficult spot at the moment because he's having to undo the terrible work the lunatic before him has done. Losing 1-0 away to a side that's 3rd in the league isn't a cause for concern, when we starting losing to teams a bit lower down the league consistently then I'll be worried. Some of the fans here are acting like spoilt children.

Yes the tactics weren't great blah blah blah. However, I doubt that he wanted Bryson sitting in front of the back four when he stated that his best qualities are his forward runs and the energy he brings to the side. He wanted Bryson to be a pure cm but it ended up with him being the holding mid. We don't know how Pearson would have done if he had time to make the team HIS team. All theories are hypothetical and we will never know 

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Taken to court by whom exactly? Try disproving any of that statement. Players simply didn't want to play for Pearson. Not talking about his sacking because what he did was wrong, I'm talking about the performances before hand to support my point. You think that Pearson said to the players before each game saying ok lads let's play a crap variation of 4-4-2 and hoof it up front? Nope absolutely not. Pearson was the easy target by those wearing their ram blinkered glasses to actually see that maybe just maybe these players aren't as good as they think they are.

No I think Pearson said 'alright lads let's play this 4-4-2 exactly how Leicester would, even though we don't have the steel in midfield to play it, nor the pacey strikers, nor the industrious wingers, nor the ball playing centre backs'.

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

You're talking as if we're a side that's been systematically destroyed by our owner. Have a word with a Blackpool, Charlton or Coventry fan about our 'poor ownership' and they'll piss themselves laughing at you. 

Mac is in a difficult spot at the moment because he's having to undo the terrible work the lunatic before him has done. Losing 1-0 away to a side that's 3rd in the league isn't a cause for concern, when we starting losing to teams a bit lower down the league consistently then I'll be worried. Some of the fans here are acting like spoilt children.

Although there aren't many lower than us atm. :(

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That bit… where you basically say the players didn't want to try because they didn't like Pearson! 

By the players, obviously! I know the club have already started getting in contact with certain members of our fan base…

You're the one making the claims! It's down to you to prove that they're true! 

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Pearson made the same fundamental mistake as a Paul Jewell. He publicly criticised the players. The minute u do that, you lose the dressing room and that ultimately results in one thing. P45. They are both footballs versions of dinosaurs and have done so much damage to our wonderful football club. W***kers!!!

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That's what I don't understand by some members on this forum. Apparently it's ok to call Pearson all names under the sun and how he ruined the team but if you say anything bad about the players it's apparently libel. Doesn't seem very fair or balanced imo

There's a difference between people saying Pearson was awful at his job and people saying the players were deliberately throwing games by not trying. 

Archived