Remind me why we sacked pearson

archied

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Mac's been here a week, and has taken four points from three matches against top half opposition. Remind me how Wassall did after a week, and then how he did once the players started to work more towards his methods.

Ok will remind you ,, they nailed wassell to the cross too with the pathetic Rotherham collapse and the shackell response ,, so much so that Wassall was put in the embarrassing position of looking like a school kid who could nt cope with Harry being brought in to hold his hand , they then produced the hull at home garbage with wassell and the hand holder at the helm ,, oh yea that was cause wassell set them up wrong with the wrong tactics ,,,',,.? Good players adjust during games if things aren't working ,,, you ask in another post if we are being thick ,,these players are not digging in and producing no matter who's manager or what formation / system he plays or us fans call for as the miracle cure ,, are you being thick or just ignoring the fact it's the players?

8 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

dont get me started on bent.

the sooner his contract runs out the better 

I'd rather see a fit Zanzala, Bennett, rod, Jane or Freddie given the nod.

my heart sinks everytime he gets involved now.

he'll probably get a few goals at some point this season but he's one of the worst footballers Iv ever seen, and Iv see some rubbish watching this club over the years 

On the other hand, apart from for fingers and a thumb.......

Suppose Bent had turned out like...

Dave Mackay

Francis Lee

Charlie George

We might be at the top and not even looking over our shoulder.

The man who never makes a mistake (Derek Hales) never does anything!

7 hours ago, lrm14 said:

You're talking as if we're a side that's been systematically destroyed by our owner. Have a word with a Blackpool, Charlton or Coventry fan about our 'poor ownership' and they'll piss themselves laughing at you. 

Mac is in a difficult spot at the moment because he's having to undo the terrible work the lunatic before him has done. Losing 1-0 away to a side that's 3rd in the league isn't a cause for concern, when we starting losing to teams a bit lower down the league consistently then I'll be worried. Some of the fans here are acting like spoilt children.

I'll piss myself laughing at you thanks.

Is that your response to everyone who has a different opinion to you? Everyone is like spoilt children? 

5 managers in 18 months, 1 of them a temporary fix that needed a temporary fix after being 3-0 up in a game. 

Walking into dressing rooms after a game..... single match tickets vastly overpriced at start of this season..... multi year lucrative contracts, close to FFP I'm guessing. Just some of the reasons why I think he's been a disastrous for us.

But he's "Derby" ain't he? He's bought us a scarf, a cuppa and put heating in the concourses.

Maybe Charlton, Blackpool fans etc would laugh at me..... but I care about Derby and what goes on here more. It maybe not at that level..... but you going to tell me it's all smelling of roses here?

Biggest thing for me is honesty and integrity from the whole of this football club.

Under his helm we have declined. 

I said be careful what you wish for when he first came back. Everyone was laughing at me then. I'm sure some still do.

Couldnt be more happier and have egg on my face, and say I was wrong on every social platform about his ownership if in 3 years..... we sit nicely in Premier League with no worries.

Its a shame though, if it does go t i t s up that theyll be none who admit they're wrong.

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

I think the best thing that could happen is we sell out to some ******. Get away from this emotional attachment for the club and run it like a business rather than a love affair that's going no where.

The Americans and tom glick did that and we we're bored silly for years because we were 'restructuring and cost cutting'.

when people run football clubs like a business it means just that, cut back on lavish signings, wages are capped and u operate within a restricted market 

the club will then get accused of lacking ambition, no ambition equals no hope, no hope equals attendences drop away

we're better off as someone's toy and at least if we're Mels toy he won't leave us all broken when/ if he gets bored of us.

Conceding in the 94th minute has very little to do with manager it shows an absolute mental weakness and an inability to stay focussed and perform their job for the whole time they're paid. 

Last 3 games that we've conceded post 90 minute goals have been 3 different managers? 

Conceding in the dying embers of the game is on the players and only the players. If in the second tier of English football you cannot concentrate for the full match and let the player you're marking stroll into the box unmarked to head in then you don't deserve to be playing in the second tier of English football. 

The performance wasn't great but if we'd have taken one of Vydras chances in the first half we'd have won today. Second half was awful though, what was said to them at half time? 

3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Conceding in the 94th minute has very little to do with manager it shows an absolute mental weakness and an inability to stay focussed and perform their job for the whole time they're paid. 

Last 3 games that we've conceded post 90 minute goals have been 3 different managers? 

Conceding in the dying embers of the game is on the players and only the players. If in the second tier of English football you cannot concentrate for the full match and let the player you're marking stroll into the box unmarked to head in then you don't deserve to be playing in the second tier of English football. 

The performance wasn't great but if we'd have taken one of Vydras chances in the first half we'd have won today. Second half was awful though, what was said to them at half time? 

Disagree. If you listened to macs post game he clearly wanted a draw and played for it. "I thought we'd done it" he said. Got the point that is. He seemed surprised that Huddersfield "took risks in the second half" to try and win. He was looking forward to bragging about a clean sheet and a point away from home. As relegation candidates it appears as if he's chasing draws. The German coach deserved to win because he went after a win. So it's not all down to players. 

McClaren was going apoplectic at the players to get back into shape just before the goal. Keogh was sucked out to the right back position because Christie wasn't there (as usual) meaning Pearce and Olsson were having to cover across too. 

This had happened several times in the match but Keogh dealt with the others. 

The risk of us playing 4-3-3 is that we will concede goals - the idea is to score more and defend from the front.

Just before the goal we were comfortably playing out time in their half when Darren Bent's casual touch mis-controlled the ball and handed possession back to the opposition. Blame him, not the stretched defence. 

Or blame Vydra, missed two good chances again yesterday. He's another one who surrenders possession far too easily. 

5 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Disagree. If you listened to macs post game he clearly wanted a draw and played for it. "I thought we'd done it" he said. Got the point that is. He seemed surprised that Huddersfield "took risks in the second half" to try and win. He was looking forward to bragging about a clean sheet and a point away from home. As relegation candidates it appears as if he's chasing draws. The German coach deserved to win because he went after a win. So it's not all down to players. 

Not for me, away from home 0-0 in the 90th minute against 4th in the league when you're 20th. A point is a solid result and as frustrated as I was I thought the same, I was like right we haven't played well but we're gonna get the point. 

No matter what mentality Mac had them in to switch off defensively in the last minute is criminal. In fact I'd go as far as to say if he was holding out for a draw then it makes it even more disgusting that they switched off defensively. It'd be easier to understand if we were 1-0 down chasing an equaliser but we weren't we were protecting a point - the main focus is defence and we still switched off. 

Sorry Ninos but for me I can't look past the players for this. It's not like under Wassall when his subs clearly had a detrimental effect and led to the slip up v Rotherham. This is 0-0 like for like swaps with the subs and still an inability to defend. 

12 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Not for me, away from home 0-0 in the 90th minute against 4th in the league when you're 20th. A point is a solid result and as frustrated as I was I thought the same, I was like right we haven't played well but we're gonna get the point. 

No matter what mentality Mac had them in to switch off defensively in the last minute is criminal. In fact I'd go as far as to say if he was holding out for a draw then it makes it even more disgusting that they switched off defensively. It'd be easier to understand if we were 1-0 down chasing an equaliser but we weren't we were protecting a point - the main focus is defence and we still switched off. 

Sorry Ninos but for me I can't look past the players for this. It's not like under Wassall when his subs clearly had a detrimental effect and led to the slip up v Rotherham. This is 0-0 like for like swaps with the subs and still an inability to defend. 

Fair enough. Agree on Rotherham but if he wanted the draw that badly here, he could have added a defender and tipped the scales. But then his objective would have been too obviously negative. I wasn't saying you can absolve the players just that mcclaren is not totally off the hook: you get what you deserve in this game. I prefer we try to win every game. And Huddersfield are currently 4th, but they may end up down the bottom. No team in this league deserves respect to the point where you try not to beat them.

I am not a Mac fan, ultimately I think this is another mistake.. BUT, this pool of players are not good enough. We can keep changing managers but it's the root cause that we need to address. Without doubt we have gone backwards under a Morris, he needed to tweak but went in too bullish on an ego trip. Now we have a situation where a major overhaul is needed and it won't happen overnight. Mac should start to introduce some youth now, that should give the planks currently wearing the shirt a clear message. Just a few who are ready, not 5 or 6.. In January we have to look at the bad eggs. The club will know who they are, I am not interested in Twitter gossip. Get rid of them in Jan, even at a loss if you have to. Don't panic buy in Jan though, this is going to take some time.

My worry is that has MAC got the balls! Pearson had but Morris, Rush and the rest of the decision makers at the club, like most on here, feel we can turn the clock back and a miracle of biblical proportions will occur.

We are Derby.. 

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

I don't even care anymore

If you don't 'care' then why you're still here then? Odd. 

With Pearson I saw a good honest man trying to implement his own philosophy but was facing a losing battle from the get go as the players didn't want to work hard enough to match his demands. Not as if Pearson told the players to go out and play like they did but the players wanted him out just like they wanted Wassall out and Clement before him and just how they will eventually want McClaren out

Players want managers out? More nonsense coming out from you again. 

8 hours ago, cannable said:

It's the truth is it? Prove it. 

And if you can't then I'd be a little concerned for you if ever you got taken to court! 

Hope the club take him to court... 

8 hours ago, cannable said:

That bit… where you basically say the players didn't want to try because they didn't like Pearson! 

By the players, obviously! I know the club have already started getting in contact with certain members of our fan base…

You're the one making the claims! It's down to you to prove that they're true! 

He won't prove anything that are true Cannable. 

The hypocrisy is unreal. I'm done with this particular thread

Wow just wow... 

7 hours ago, McLovin said:

That's a load of nonsense and you know it is. If you are going to make up a lie at least make it sound convincing.It would be one thing me saying that they deliberately threw games(which I didn't say) but it's another me saying that they didn't match Pearson's demands. I've seen Daveo himself say worse things in the pub section. He should have probably given himself a ban if everything little negative thing was bannable. I know I said I wouldn't reply but I mean it this time, wanted to get it off my chest.

It's really nonsense at all.. It's you that makes things up as per usual. 

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Remember DCFCArmy? 

That's decent reply. 

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Which players? 

He won't tell you which players says a lot tbf.. 

7 hours ago, steve brummie said:

Steve Mc wants to manage us.

He is brilliant when he puts his heart into a team.

Chris Powell is a thoroughbred Ram who wants to be here.

Pearson was treading on too many heads.

Onwards and upwards.

And we'll lose a few in the process.

Defence is sorted.

Get them up front earning their keep!

Spot on Steve. I think we all agree the massive problem is not scoring anywhere near enough goals.

We have enough quality in the team IMO but currently we're not 'clicking' up front. Mac will know that and be working on it this week. I hope we can score in the first half next week and take some pressure off our defence.

38 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Fair enough. Agree on Rotherham but if he wanted the draw that badly here, he could have added a defender and tipped the scales. But then his objective would have been too obviously negative. I wasn't saying you can absolve the players just that mcclaren is not totally off the hook: you get what you deserve in this game. I prefer we try to win every game. And Huddersfield are currently 4th, but they may end up down the bottom. No team in this league deserves respect to the point where you try not to beat them.

I took from his interview that his mentality shifted to getting a point in the last few minutes. Something we've been crying out for since his first spell here is knowing when to shut up shop and accept a solid point than trying to go for a winner. 

The thing that infuriates me is we weren't going for a winner in the last minute and still managed to mess it up. 

15 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Spot on Steve. I think we all agree the massive problem is not scoring anywhere near enough goals.

We have enough quality in the team IMO but currently we're not 'clicking' up front. Mac will know that and be working on it this week. I hope we can score in the first half next week and take some pressure off our defence.

Hope we can score in the NS goal for the first time this season! Why should we miss out? :lol:

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

Everything I said there is true, the truth hurts. That's fine. If people think that Pearson told them to go out and play like they did they are living in cloud cuckoo land. Only so much he could do when the players didn't like him

The players wouldn't have been the only ones not to like him?! What are you basing this man-love for Pearson on btw?

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

... for me I can't look past the players for this. It's not like under Wassall when his subs clearly had a detrimental effect and led to the slip up v Rotherham. This is 0-0 like for like swaps with the subs and still an inability to defend. 

When you watch their goal and look at where players are and what they're doing, you think WTF? Another goal, like the Reading one was it, where there's players all over the place, but yet not really doing owt! There was five Derby players (I think) in the box to their two.

Anyway a point away from home would have been a decent point.

13 hours ago, archied said:

Oh yea that's right ,, he was rubbish ,as was clement and wassell and wassell with Harry and Steve Mac in the end of his last reign ,,, rebuild rebuild rebuild this group of players are nowhere near good enough ,, they fell short at their peak and are relegation candidates now , we have overrated them massively and we have gone through and are going through a string of managers in the belief that's it's the manager at fault ,, I've not been one who scapegoats any player but ffs don't ever put ince out there in a Derby shirt again ,, total waste af space and money 

Another one? Hughes was ten times worse than Ince yesterday but you won't mention his bad passes will you? 

This pool of players (plus Martin) was good enough to finish 5th under the guidance of TWO amateur managers last season, but this season they're not good enough for mid table with two very experienced managers (three if you count Powell!)?

The same players seemed to have little problem concentrating for a full match when we were grinding out wins under Clement, so they can do it!

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hope the club take him to court... 

This in reference to a comment made by McLovin, your fellow member of this Forum. Now you might not like him/his posts (you have made that obvious on numerous occasions) but there is no justification for a comment like that. Give yourself a shake (and/or put him on ignore).

If you disagree with something he, or anyone, says on this Forum why don't you try backing up your arguments with something other than your normal punchy one sentence replies dressed up as fact.

Jeez. What is happening to me. On here defending Rammyboy.

Archived