Remind me why we sacked pearson

archied

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, archied said:

Ok will remind you ,, they nailed wassell to the cross too with the pathetic Rotherham collapse and the shackell response ,, so much so that Wassall was put in the embarrassing position of looking like a school kid who could nt cope with Harry being brought in to hold his hand , they then produced the hull at home garbage with wassell and the hand holder at the helm ,, oh yea that was cause wassell set them up wrong with the wrong tactics ,,,',,.? Good players adjust during games if things aren't working ,,, you ask in another post if we are being thick ,,these players are not digging in and producing no matter who's manager or what formation / system he plays or us fans call for as the miracle cure ,, are you being thick or just ignoring the fact it's the players?

If it's all down to the players, then why bother with a manager at all. Why doesn't Mel just pick the team?

56 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If it's all down to the players, then why bother with a manager at all. Why doesn't Mel just pick the team?

Then he can leave by mutual consent then.... 

7 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

I'll piss myself laughing at you thanks.

Is that your response to everyone who has a different opinion to you? Everyone is like spoilt children? 

5 managers in 18 months, 1 of them a temporary fix that needed a temporary fix after being 3-0 up in a game. 

Walking into dressing rooms after a game..... single match tickets vastly overpriced at start of this season..... multi year lucrative contracts, close to FFP I'm guessing. Just some of the reasons why I think he's been a disastrous for us.

But he's "Derby" ain't he? He's bought us a scarf, a cuppa and put heating in the concourses.

Maybe Charlton, Blackpool fans etc would laugh at me..... but I care about Derby and what goes on here more. It maybe not at that level..... but you going to tell me it's all smelling of roses here?

Biggest thing for me is honesty and integrity from the whole of this football club.

Under his helm we have declined. 

I said be careful what you wish for when he first came back. Everyone was laughing at me then. I'm sure some still do.

Couldnt be more happier and have egg on my face, and say I was wrong on every social platform about his ownership if in 3 years..... we sit nicely in Premier League with no worries.

Its a shame though, if it does go t i t s up that theyll be none who admit they're wrong.

Laugh away.

Mel has made a lot of mistakes, from coming down at half time against Reading to the 'Derby Way' PR disaster to making some very questionable appointments (although there are reasons for some). I agree that he cares far too much about the club to be able to take a hands-on approach and run it effectively, he needs to take a step back and just fund it while others run the operation. It definitely doesn't smell of roses here, but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. The teams are named are the extreme examples, but we can look at decent clubs like Cardiff, Leeds and even Forest who have all been ran much worse than us. As far as I'm concerned we have a rich, loyal chairman who is willing to invest, who can hopefully learn from his past mistakes. Just like you don't believe anyone will say they were wrong if it goes tits up, I believe nobody will say they're wrong if it goes right, it works both ways.

It's the entitlement that I'm finding difficult to stomach. Just over three years ago we were in mid-table mediocrity losing to teams like Crawley in the cup, now we're consistent promotion contenders (although this season has been a farce so far) and everyone goes up in arms when we lose to a team pushing for automatics. The thing is had we drawn yesterday, everyone would be going on about how it was a decent result because they're a good side and it was away from home. It's disappointing to lose sure but people need to save this reaction for when we lose to someone like Rotherham at home, not for a loss away to a side that's 3rd, it's just spoilt behavior.

19 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Laugh away.

Mel has made a lot of mistakes, from coming down at half time against Reading to the 'Derby Way' PR disaster to making some very questionable appointments (although there are reasons for some). I agree that he cares far too much about the club to be able to take a hands-on approach and run it effectively, he needs to take a step back and just fund it while others run the operation. It definitely doesn't smell of roses here, but it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. The teams are named are the extreme examples, but we can look at decent clubs like Cardiff, Leeds and even Forest who have all been ran much worse than us. As far as I'm concerned we have a rich, loyal chairman who is willing to invest, who can hopefully learn from his past mistakes. Just like you don't believe anyone will say they were wrong if it goes tits up, I believe nobody will say they're wrong if it goes right, it works both ways.

It's the entitlement that I'm finding difficult to stomach. Just over three years ago we were in mid-table mediocrity losing to teams like Crawley in the cup, now we're consistent promotion contenders (although this season has been a farce so far) and everyone goes up in arms when we lose to a team pushing for automatics. The thing is had we drawn yesterday, everyone would be going on about how it was a decent result because they're a good side and it was away from home. It's disappointing to lose sure but people need to save this reaction for when we lose to someone like Rotherham at home, not for a loss away to a side that's 3rd, it's just spoilt behavior.

Where have I thrown my arms up in air and been spoilt? I've been consistent in my arguments forever and a day now.

Doesnt matter what club we play in this league, except probably for Newcastle...... these players have I firmly believe (and have tiny bit of evidence of but not for forum) have spat the dummy out. I have a tiny bit of sympathy because we have a owner who is hell bent on playing Football Manager/chairman or whatever computer game/app floats your boat. Who spits dummy and throws toys out the pram whenever someone says something he don't like. 5 managers in 15 months.

Its ok though we've got a lovely pitch and heating in the concourses.

All the style and no substance...... what is it they say about blokes who buy top of the range BMWs? Penis extensions? 

And adding to that...... believe it. I'll be straight up and put my hands up and say I was wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Where have I thrown my arms up in air and been spoilt? I've been consistent in my arguments forever and a day now.

Doesnt matter what club we play in this league, except probably for Newcastle...... these players have I firmly believe (and have tiny bit of evidence of but not for forum) have spat the dummy out. I have a tiny bit of sympathy because we have a owner who is hell bent on playing Football Manager/chairman or whatever computer game/app floats your boat. Who spits dummy and throws toys out the pram whenever someone says something he don't like. 5 managers in 15 months.

All the style and no substance...... what is it they say about blokes who buy top of the range BMWs? Penis extensions? 

And adding to that...... believe it. I'll be straight up and put my hands up and say I was wrong. 

do you acknowledge that since Breakfast, Mel's 'behaviour' has been almost faultless?

He appointed the manager most wanted in Pearson, that didn't work and didn't look like working, so he's given the fans what, in real terms, they wanted (the Derby way = the McClaren way).

As far as I can see, Mel has kept a very low profile since breakfast in February, yet people still talk as if he's constantly bursting into dressing rooms and UNFAIRLY sacking managers, which isn't the case.

I'd be inclined, as much as I don't like it, to perhaps give it a bit of time to see if this latest move works out before kicking up a fuss. It's just disruptive and causes panic.

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I was referring to a certain group as a whole who are behaving that way, not you specifically. 

Your expectations aren't entirely realistic if Newcastle is the only side you'd not be up in arms if we lost to, especially when you consider the dreadful start we've had and the fact that McClaren has undo all the bad work Pearson has done.

You seem to really hate Mel though, it's almost like it's personal. 

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

do you acknowledge that since Breakfast, Mel's 'behaviour' has been almost faultless?

He appointed the manager most wanted in Pearson, that didn't work and didn't look like working, so he's given the fans what, in real terms, they wanted (the Derby way = the McClaren way).

As far as I can see, Mel has kept a very low profile since breakfast in February, yet people still talk as if he's constantly bursting into dressing rooms and UNFAIRLY sacking managers, which isn't the case.

I'd be inclined, as much as I don't like it, to perhaps give it a bit of time to see if this latest move works out before kicking up a fuss. It's just disruptive and causes panic.

5 managers in 15 months not disruptive? 

Why did Mac really go 2 years ago.....

I could say so much more as to what's happening right now..... and it's pretty damning. Not sure it's for public domain, and I want to make sure first and foremost, that my kids don't get their ST taken off them because of my actions.

Of course I want it all to work out, of course their should be time. As you are aware though, patience is another thing the club lacks at the minute.

Its not a very nice place at the minute. Very totalitarian. 

22 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

McClaren - Admitted he deserved the sack, didn't squash the rumours as well as he should have and Derby wanted a manager that's heart was 100% at the club.

Clement - Completely ignored the job description he agreed to and was shown the door.

Pearson - Same as Clement with the added bonus of an investigation for reasons unknown and dreadful football. Also wasn't sacked, mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

Wassall/Powell were only ever temporary.

Disagree with the departures fine but don't ignore the reasons for them and continue to demand honesty and integrity as you've heard rumours that suggest other shenanigans, the club want to play a style of football, potential managers are made aware of this in the interview, if you choose to completely ignore that you will be shown the door simple as that.

For all the stick he gets, Mel wants to see attacking entertaining football, as a fan that's what I want to see!

I also want to see stability and now we're back with McClaren, the guy that created the blueprints for this style of football, no excuses now.

10 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I was referring to a certain group as a whole who are behaving that way, not you specifically. 

Your expectations aren't entirely realistic if Newcastle is the only side you'd not be up in arms if we lost to, especially when you consider the dreadful start we've had and the fact that McClaren has undo all the bad work Pearson has done.

You seem to really hate Mel though, it's almost like it's personal. 

I don't hate, never hated a person in my life. Just want things to be right. 

Just think he has a lot to answer for over the last two/three years the direction of this club

3 minutes ago, David said:

McClaren - Admitted he deserved the sack, didn't squash the rumours as well as he should have and Derby wanted a manager that's heart was 100% at the club.

Clement - Completely ignored the job description he agreed to and was shown the door.

Pearson - Same as Clement with the added bonus of an investigation for reasons unknown and dreadful football. Also wasn't sacked, mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

Wassall/Powell were only ever temporary.

Disagree with the departures fine but don't ignore the reasons for them and continue to demand honesty and integrity as you've heard rumours that suggest other shenanigans, the club want to play a style of football, potential managers are made aware of this in the interview, if you choose to completely ignore that you will be shown the door simple as that.

For all the stick he gets, Mel wants to see attacking entertaining football, as a fan that's what I want to see!

I also want to see stability and now we're back with McClaren, the guy that created the blueprints for this style of football, no excuses now.

I shan't go on anymore..... fair points.

The bloke has been at the helm 2 and a bit years in full control.

Think he's been a walking disaster for us. I'll be glad to say I'm wrong..... I've said this since the start of his tenure here. 

You have got to say this club is totally unstable and the buck stops with the guy at the very top.

9 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

5 managers in 15 months not disruptive? 

I assume you are counting both Powell and Wassall in that, which is a bit unfair. As I have said before, you have enough to stoke the fire without embellishing the facts.

I didn't agree with sacking SMc the first time, but I was probably in the quiet majority as a lot more vocal people than me, somehow think his "being flattered" was conceited. 

However, knowing some things about both Clement's and Pearson's regimes, both decisions were right. It's not about timing, if something deserves doing, it deserves doing.

As someone who has mental strength, like you do, you should understand the value in assured finality of making a decision, and sometimes that is vital. 

7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I shan't go on anymore..... fair points.

The bloke has been at the helm 2 and a bit years in full control.

Think he's been a walking disaster for us. I'll be glad to say I'm wrong..... I've said this since the start of his tenure here. 

You have got to say this club is totally unstable and the buck stops with the guy at the very top.

Disaster? Come off it, been far from a disaster. Just missed out on the play offs with an injury crisis and manager that had one eye on Newcastle, followed it up with finishing top 6. Go talk to Leeds and Forest fans, both would give their left testicles to have gone through this so called disaster we've been through.

Archived