Derby in "limp mode'

Boycie

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Fairly obvious Pearson got sacked because he realised Mel had spent **** loads of cash on players that would never take the club forwards. When he didn't want to be a puppet and play along he was out. Pearson spotted we had no pace straight away, first thing he addressed.

For a start Pearson's contract was mutually terminated. And perhaps him leaving had something to do with taking a top 6 side and turning them into relegation fodder.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get you totally Boycie... I don't get to go to many games but my heart and soul is tuned into RD team via Ramsplayer match by match... 

I think a few comments on this thread are slightly unfair. Steve McLaren needs much much more time than a week before coming into criticism for this tenure. Blimey. 

However, I'm not totally onboard with this crop being " good players".. I've seen enough live over in UK and on TV in Sweden. 

I see inconsistent players and a couple with bad body language / attitude... I don't think Tom Ince has the right attitude or skills or heart needed. I seriously question the players we have brought in since Mac left previously. Other than Carson I can't think of one player that has made us miles better or was a much better player than the one replaced. I hope that's not being unfair too... But I just don't see it. 

And I have a concern re Steve Mac coming back too. Has he been told he has to keep Nigel Pearsons staff?? And if so, is he so happy just to get his old job back that he will let the owner dictate this to him?? I'm no expert but I think I'd wAnt my own team around me at this level of management.  This worry same about how Mac goes forward. You need to be totally your own man and in control. Not just go along with the owner because it's getting you back in work. I foresee problems. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

The ban on loans between windows is seriously killing us.

Yes on paper we shouldn't need it as we have some quality staff, but they aren't producing.

i hate wishing my life away, but we need to get the limp mode sorted, roll on Jan for a good service at the main dealers.

Trouble is, like all main dealer service jobs, we'll have to pay through the nose for it.

sorry for getting a bit revved.

Problem is are we just going to throw a load of money at a load of over paid duffs. Or are we going to get a top ****** scouting system in that finds us the rough diamonds so we can get rid of the over paid duffs?

12 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I get you totally Boycie... I don't get to go to many games but my heart and soul is tuned into RD team via Ramsplayer match by match... 

I think a few comments on this thread are slightly unfair. Steve McLaren needs much much more time than a week before coming into criticism for this tenure. Blimey. 

However, I'm not totally onboard with this crop being " good players".. I've seen enough live over in UK and on TV in Sweden. 

I see inconsistent players and a couple with bad body language / attitude... I don't think Tom Ince has the right attitude or skills or heart needed. I seriously question the players we have brought in since Mac left previously. Other than Carson I can't think of one player that has made us miles better or was a much better player than the one replaced. I hope that's not being unfair too... But I just don't see it. 

And I have a concern re Steve Mac coming back too. Has he been told he has to keep Nigel Pearsons staff?? And if so, is he so happy just to get his old job back that he will let the owner dictate this to him?? I'm no expert but I think I'd wAnt my own team around me at this level of management.  This worry same about how Mac goes forward. You need to be totally your own man and in control. Not just go along with the owner because it's getting you back in work. I foresee problems. 

Steve got in Ince Bent and gods knows what other over paid duffs. Blame him?... he is the one that started the rot. The only person that has done anything for this club is Nigel Clough and he isn't good enough either. 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Fairly obvious Pearson got sacked because he realised Mel had spent **** loads of cash on players that would never take the club forwards. When he didn't want to be a puppet and play along he was out. Pearson spotted we had no pace straight away, first thing he addressed.

In the last week of the transfer window… yeah, good one Nige. 

19 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I was at least expecting more attacking intent in these three games. Sadly it's not been there. Not sure if it's the players not up to it or a lack of confusion on their roles.

Everyone today was awful for me going forward.

dont seem to be able to buy a goal and still cant hold out in the last fifteen dont know if its lack of fitness or concentration whole team still looks disjointed

Archived