Derby in "limp mode'

Boycie

The ban on loans between windows is seriously killing us.

Yes on paper we shouldn't need it as we have some quality staff, but they aren't producing.

i hate wishing my life away, but we need to get the limp mode sorted, roll on Jan for a good service at the main dealers.

Trouble is, like all main dealer service jobs, we'll have to pay through the nose for it.

sorry for getting a bit revved.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But if you forget the current form, last year and everything, if you forget that, look at the first team squad through neutral eyes then you see we have a good selection of players.  

Whats changed?

i can only think of one thing?

wages have gone up.

1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

Like I've said all along, we sign players taking a drop down now or sideways at best. We aren't signing young hungry ambitions players.

Yes, the thing was that max Lowe came in like a breath of fresh air against leeds, only to go missing injured again. We need more young hungry players like him, preferably ones that aren't injury prone. Trouble is zanzala is out injured too long term. 

For all Pearsons flaws, he did identify that some of our players weren't up to it and was trying to change things. It's clear now that we have a fair few players who need to be replaced over the course of this season / summer.

I can't definitively say that they aren't performing because they get paid too much but I can suggest that their careers in football don't really REALLY mean so much to them.

Fairly obvious Pearson got sacked because he realised Mel had spent **** loads of cash on players that would never take the club forwards. When he didn't want to be a puppet and play along he was out. Pearson spotted we had no pace straight away, first thing he addressed.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

The ban on loans between windows is seriously killing us.

Yes on paper we shouldn't need it as we have some quality staff, but they aren't producing.

i hate wishing my life away, but we need to get the limp mode sorted, roll on Jan for a good service at the main dealers.

Trouble is, like all main dealer service jobs, we'll have to pay through the nose for it.

sorry for getting a bit revved.

Do we have some quality staff?

genuine question 

Hughes excluded for two sec, although he's not exempt from total critisism 

but we keep getting told, and we keep saying we have some quality players

Funny cos on a weekly basis im Looking and I'm struggling as hard as I try to find some real genuine quality

Im being realistic with my expectations too, I realise these are championship players and so aren't all that but of the new recruits post clough who has proved a good signing and value for money

my two are Pearce and Carson cos we paid next to nothing for them.....after that ????

im interested to know cos we're getting dangerously close to the clough era for a good value signing who's worth their contract 

51 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Schteve has 1 goal in 3 games, with the ultra amazing perfect 433 Derby Way mega style.

Wow. So we are going to judge McClaren off the back of having approximately 5 training sessions with the squad, in which he has had to prepare for three games ?

Archived