Supporter Committee...who wants to sit on it?

Ellafella

Unless I've misunderstood, this is a group of fans who will represent supporters and act as a conduit between Club and supporters at large. Who would sit on it? How would they be "selected" or "elected"? What would be the agenda? Who would chair? How would it operate? How often would it meet? What power would it have, if any?

Seems like a good idea...or does it? Views?  

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B4 must be the chair imo, that way the bird will be locked in a cage in the tactics room, untouched since the departure of Paul Clement, a perfect hiding place where no coach goes. Those who boo the loudest  will join him on the board with a yearly boo off deciding the members. The group will decide how best to convey the message to Ince and Blackman that they are fookin *****, even when they score. I believe they will be put in charge of all footballing matters, after all we always know better than those in charge and they will have total power over all operations, including perhaps the most important debate- whether to have sausages in the canteen...

It won't work.

The ones on the committee will be accused by those not on it of cosying up to the club.

Anyone remember the bitterness toward Rams Trust a few years ago? Other fans saying they have no right speaking on their behalf etc.

We are a completely random bunch of 30-40 thousand souls very loosely bonded together by our support of DCFC.

We have completely different views on this forum, often quite extreme viewpoints and we are just a few hundred regular posters!

Can you imagine representing thousands of Derby fans from all different walks of life.

The club needs to do its best on giving us something to cheer on a Saturday/Sunday/Friday/Tuesday.....see, stupid kick off times and days annoy me greatly but they may not bother others!

Keep ticket prices as low as possible, turn off the tannoy 10 minutes before kick off, let South Stand sit/stand where they want and employ a manager with the mind set of Jurgen Klopp.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

It won't work.

The ones on the committee will be accused by those not on it of cosying up to the club.

Anyone remember the bitterness toward Rams Trust a few years ago? Other fans saying they have no right speaking on their behalf etc.

We are a completely random bunch of 30-40 thousand souls very loosely bonded together by our support of DCFC.

We have completely different views on this forum, often quite extreme viewpoints and we are just a few hundred regular posters!

Can you imagine representing thousands of Derby fans from all different walks of life.

The club needs to do its best on giving us something to cheer on a Saturday/Sunday/Friday/Tuesday.....see, stupid kick off times and days annoy me greatly but they may not bother others!

Keep ticket prices as low as possible, turn off the tannoy 10 minutes before kick off, let South Stand sit/stand where they want and employ a manager with the mind set of Jurgen Klopp.

Indeed, not sure if it's an English trait or not, but everyone loves to criticise people who get involved with anything like this. Anonymous forums make this sort of thing worse. 

You are right about Ramstrust. They used to get some right stick when they just to be a decent bunch of fans trying to make a difference.

Same with the breakfast club. I think it was probably the high point of this forum, but there is still the odd bit of moaning about the 'elite' who were invited.

It's so easy to laugh, so easy to hate. It takes guts to be gentle and kind.

Allow me to, gently and kindly, disagree with the more cynical views expressed above.

Any football club with intentions of being part of its local community - representing it, influencing it for the better, having a positive impact upon it - must have a means by which it can communicate with, and receive views from, that local community.

There are lots of possible ways of doing that - reading this forum for example, or listening to instant feedback at half time or full time - but getting together groups of fans is no bad way of adding to the sum of knowledge of what fans want, and don't want, of what they would like and not like.

There are some on here that have asked for another round of pub discussions; in past days supporters' clubs used to get visits. No one ever suggested that those fora were the only views around but they were opportunities for communication between the club and its fanbase. Nothing wrong with that, especially when results on the pitch aren't as good as we would all like. Random souls or not, go for it. 

They stopped the music just before kick off for a while...it was like being at the fookin assembly rooms 10 minutes before the panto. Nobody noticed.  

52 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Oh yes, let's get RamsTrust in the boardroom, lovely people 

Exactly my point phil.

They may well have been lovely people, although I detect a certain sarcasm in your description, kind to their children, polite, let you out at junctions, etc.. but....but...they were not representative of all Derby fans.

10% of derby fans are probably football hooligans (past or present) and will not be happy to have sensible middle class people speaking for them. (RPG :ph34r:)

The club needs to concentrate on the broad spectrum of fans by employing a manager who will enthuse the players to entertain the supporters. Imho....

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Exactly my point phil.

They may well have been lovely people, although I detect a certain sarcasm in your description, kind to their children, polite, let you out at junctions, etc.. but....but...they were not representative of all Derby fans.

10% of derby fans are probably football hooligans (past or present) and will not be happy to have sensible middle class people speaking for them. (RPG :ph34r:)

The club needs to concentrate on the broad spectrum of fans by employing a manager who will enthuse the players to entertain the supporters. Imho....

In my experience the RPG encompassed all types of fans, whereas the RamsTrust were just middle-class lefties!

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

In my experience the RPG encompassed all types of fans, whereas the RamsTrust were just middle-class lefties!

Those middle class lefties banged on for ages about how shadey the amigos were. But they got ignored/abused cos we were having a good season at the time.

As soon as we started doing rubbish the next season, people wanted to know more.

Things haven't gone too well on the pitch recently, but the foundations at the club are pretty much all positive.

We could be a shambles behind the scenes, but be higher up the leagues. That rarely ends up well.

But at least the masses would be happy, even if those lefties would be still asking questions.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Those middle class lefties banged on for ages about how shadey the amigos were. But they got ignored/abused cos we were having a good season at the time.

As soon as we started doing rubbish the next season, people wanted to know more.

Things haven't gone too well on the pitch recently, but the foundations at the club are pretty much all positive.

We could be a shambles behind the scenes, but be higher up the leagues. That rarely ends up well.

But at least the masses would be happy, even if those lefties would be still asking questions.

The lefties sucked up to the owners, the RPG took them on

Thread descending into old fights (on which I have, or used to have, strong opinions but I'll keep quiet on here). But if the club genuinely wants a supporters' committee then surely it can only come from the official supporters club?

It seems unfair to me that instead of those fans they'd prefer to ask my opinion, or other groups that come and go. And I say that when I'm always right and of course know what's best...:ph34r:

Archived