New manager . You have to play 4-3-3

Curtains

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or just don't play 422----------1------1.

And ask Bryson (a reliable passer but very short ranged and plays the way he's facing) to play on top of CB's.

Don't play ball playing midfielders in wide areas when all your service to them is hoofing into empty pitch. 

Don't then play the wide players in the middle.

Don't play like you've got a target man when you haven't. 

If you have 3 reliable possession players, maybe introduce them to the opponents half to create pressure?

If you have a striker that plays with minimal touches and draws defenders out... maybe use the space beyond him rather than wish him luck and leave the team camped

Don't ask your full back to hit crosses from deep when you have no aerial threat. 

No, you don't have to play 433. Just play a system that plays to players strengths and they can get used to so everything is done on instinct rather than a confused mess. 

The major message to the new manager would be don't try to get 20 lads to do what worked for the last 20 lads you used. Do what suits the current bunch. 

Pearson had it set in his mind what he wanted. He expected it everyone to adapt. How about meeting them halfway and slowly introduce your methods?

For me it's simple - I want to see as many of our best players on the pitch as possible, with as many of them as possible doing what they are good at.  If the manager is trying to achieve that, then he'll have all the support I can give him.  That's an incredibly low baseline IMO, and it's amazing that it even needs to be stated at all, but after what we've seen with Pearson...

25 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Usually players come and go but here it's the managers come and go, need an overhaul of the squad and get rid of players who fail to adapt to different methods, how else is the new manager going to succeed with this group of failures??

Is this not the idea of 'The Derby Way'? Rather than an overhaul of players after every new manager we employ somebody who shares similar footballing beliefs and so continuity ensues and we continue going forward?

P.S. 90% of our current squad have only failed once.

33 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Usually players come and go but here it's the managers come and go, need an overhaul of the squad and get rid of players who fail to adapt to different methods, how else is the new manager going to succeed with this group of failures??

The only time we've actually really been a failure was in McClarens full season in charge.

35 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

The players need their arse kicked. It can't be mclarens, wassalls, Clements and pearsons fault. Who are these players that are disruptive? They need putting in the reserves 

Thought Pearson was the bloke to give them a kick up the arse. 

How did they disrupt McClaren, Clement and Wassall?

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The only time we've actually really been a failure was in McClarens full season in charge.

Really? Failed at play off final, failed when we capitulated and finished 8th, failed last season when humbled at home by hull in the semis............

i make that three

3 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

Really? Failed at play off final, failed when we capitulated and finished 8th, failed last season when humbled at home by hull in the semis............

i make that three

Why did we fail? Was it because of the players? 

I suppose it was. How dare they get injured. Sack them all.

4 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

i make that three

So unless we appoint Ranieri or Dyche we are appointing a failure then?

We're not even the same team from Wembley so to say we're still bottlejobs is to pretend we're still playing with Bamford, Wisdom, Dawkins, Ward, Buxton, Grant, Hendrick, Martin etc.

Carson, Pearce, Shackell, Olsson, Butterfield, Johnson, Anya, Vydra, Wilson, Blackman, Camara and all youth players have been in the team for a season or less. 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Why did we fail? Was it because of the players? 

I suppose it was. How dare they get injured. Sack them all.

Oh you mean when Martin and Thorne and eustace was injured, lost ibe and we brought in Ince and Bent and persisted with 4-3-3 and everyone was crying out for a plan B?? 

good old 4-3-3

Archived