OFF the field matters the most

Half fan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I don't necessarily believe everything in the Sun, this tallies with other parts of the jigsaw that have dripped out, such as Pearson having a go at them after Blackburn (quite right to, they were pathetic) the players having a meeting, which Keogh was on about the other day, and obviously the meting between Morris and Pearson.

All this underlines (if true) is yet again the players have all the power, and even further underlines my desire to see the back of half of them. We saw it with McClaren, Clement and Pearson. Professional football players who think they can decided when or not to play, or who or not to play for, infuriate me. Stick 'em all on the transfer list.

my spies tell me a certain player has Mel Morris on speed-dial, and generally rings him to grass on whichever manager is in charge.

It's so bad that other players egg on (dare) this player to tell Mel certain things to see how he reacts.

IF the players went to MM and said they do not want to play for him anymore, if the reasons were down to training,tactics etc then you can understand their worries.

BUT, if they went crying to him because NP told them some home truths then I'm sorry, Those players need to be sold.

22 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

While I don't necessarily believe everything in the Sun, this tallies with other parts of the jigsaw that have dripped out, such as Pearson having a go at them after Blackburn (quite right to, they were pathetic) the players having a meeting, which Keogh was on about the other day, and obviously the meting between Morris and Pearson.

All this underlines (if true) is yet again the players have all the power, and even further underlines my desire to see the back of half of them. We saw it with McClaren, Clement and Pearson. Professional football players who think they can decided when or not to play, or who or not to play for, infuriate me. Stick 'em all on the transfer list.

Whilst we don't know the specifics, I do worry about the current set of players. I hope my fears are misplaced, because if they aren't then this club is going nowhere fast. 

11 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Again why do you side with the the manager who's been here for 5 minutes over the players?

If players as a group are angry enough to complain about it to the owner that suggests extremely poor man-management skills on the part of Pearson... If I have a problem with a boss I chat with them... It's a very last resort to go above their head... However if an entire group of people below him think he's having a detrimental effect then I'd suggest the manager is doing something wrong...

8 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

my spies tell me a certain player has Mel Morris on speed-dial, and generally rings him to grass on whichever manager is in charge.

It's so bad that other players egg on (dare) this player to tell Mel certain things to see how he reacts.

Can we hear specifics? 

Although,with his inside intel, why would mel need spy drones? 

And can I suppose the phrase "snitches get stitches" was at some point problematic for moral? 

1 minute ago, toddy said:

Which players were here in the Clement days?

Yeah, player power does not exist........

Punch of prima donnas, what and some don't like being told the truth...please!

Truth?

The 'truth' as far as I saw it in the Blackburn game was overall we were the better side... And the change which Pearson made disrupted the team (Weimann and Butterfield looked confused and out of position for that 5 min period)... Then Pearson shouted at the players for it and publicly shamed them after the game...

The 'truth' as far as I see it is Pearson is a bad manager... Phil Brown did well at 1 club too... And Paul Jewell...

I have heard it all now looked confused?

They are professional footballers, they will have told what to do and what were to play, once they cross the white line, does not matter anymore what advice the manager gives it all goes up in the air if the players choose to switch off.

Like the Reading goal, if Pearson was still here he would still have been blamed for the goal.

Players need to take responsibility, time and time again since Christmas we have similar errors in our game, we have gone through 3 managers and still have the underlying issues within the side.

So has it has been all 3 managers that have been at fault here? 

Or possibly the players after all they are the only consist in all this.  

31 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Again why do you side with the the manager who's been here for 5 minutes over the players?

If players as a group are angry enough to complain about it to the owner that suggests extremely poor man-management skills on the part of Pearson... If I have a problem with a boss I chat with them... It's a very last resort to go above their head... However if an entire group of people below him think he's having a detrimental effect then I'd suggest the manager is doing something wrong...

I don't, but there is a recurring theme developing

3 minutes ago, toddy said:

I have heard it all now looked confused?

They are professional footballers, they will have told what to do and what were to play, once they cross the white line, does not matter anymore what advice the manager gives it all goes up in the air if the players choose to switch off.

Like the Reading goal, if Pearson was still here he would still have been blamed for the goal.

Players need to take responsibility, time and time again since Christmas we have similar errors in our game, we have gone through 3 managers and still have the underlying issues within the side.

So has it has been all 3 managers that have been at fault here? 

Or possibly the players after all they are the only consist in all this.  

Only constant in what? It is tiresome to hear people keep banging this drum when it is so easily disproved.

3rd, 8th, 5th, 21st. Does this really strike you as a repeating pattern or can you spot an odd one out?

Pearson wouldn't have been blamed for a late equaliser at Reading because under his management there is no chance that we'd have been a goal up on the 90 minute mark.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Id just like to address the Mel's cat point. Mel's cat will be like everyother cat in existance, it views Mel as a member of its staff. 

Can I just point out that it's only rumour and supposition that Mel has a cat. Although some fans say that he sits in his huge office chair stroking it. It's a white fluffy one. Or is that a Bond film villain?? Truth and lies are a little mixed up here. 

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

Only constant in what? It is tiresome to hear people keep banging this drum when it is so easily disproved.

3rd, 8th, 5th, 21st. Does this really strike you as a repeating pattern or can you spot an odd one out?

Pearson wouldn't have been blamed for a late equaliser at Reading because under his management there is no chance that we'd have been a goal up on the 90 minute mark.

Yet again have a go at Pearson.

Blame him for the appalling Hull play off game?

Blame him for the QPR/ Cardiff and Wolves away games as well?

Please the players have become a joke since Christmas, 3 managers and still we get the basics wrong [Reading goal]  - the players yet again at fault.

Unless you now wish to blame CP for the Reading game?

4 hours ago, toddy said:

He probably has due to being on the board.

Is he? 

Hes not an investor is he?

unless I'm getting this arse about tit I thought the chief exec's merely took matters from the manager to the chairman/board/investment group etc etc and vice versa aka the go between

Previous chief exec glick was the go between from manager to investment group and the way I see it rush is just the go between from Mel to manager and vice versa, aswell as the duties i mentioned previously 

2 minutes ago, toddy said:

Yet again have a go at Pearson.

Blame him for the appalling Hull play off game?

Blame him for the QPR/ Cardiff and Wolves away games as well?

Please the players have become a joke since Christmas, 3 managers and still we get the basics wrong [Reading goal]  - the players yet again at fault.

Unless you now wish to blame CP for the Reading game?

Here's the thing you seem to be missing that tried to point. In previous seasons sure we've had some awful performances but they were in amongst mostly good performances. Under Pearson we have only performed badly. Maybe some of the players need to be moved in favour of more 'mentally strong' players but that doesn't change the fact that Pearson has chronically mismanaged the squad. 

6 minutes ago, toddy said:

Which is precisely what Pearson said after the Blackburn game. The Derby directors were so impressed with the capitulation, that they had all left the box, with over 10 minutes to play.

It's (pardon the pun) Black & White for the Chairman, you either back your manager or sack your manager. If you sack him, then be prepared to take responsibility for the upsurge in "player power". If only they were that impassioned on the field.....

Archived