The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

36 minutes ago, toddy said:

FFS, reading the above posters we have gone back to 2013/14 yet again.

Now where's that DeLorean, :lol:

Martin this Martin that, yet he has still scored less than our winger this season :lol:, and that is in a team that is currently in the play offs.

Remember Martin has consistently scored fewer goals each season since 13/14 and you still want him back. :lol:

If they keep him now how will you survive the wrist slashing? :lol:

Doesn't matter how many goals he scores, as strikers these days have more roles to play in a team game than simply sticking the ball in the net.

You keep coming up with statistics to try and suit your own opinion on an individual but forgetting one key aspect.

Football is a team game, and with Martin in the side we win a lot games than we do without him, regardless of how many goals he scores.

Are we a better side with Martin in it? The answer is yes, and statistics easily back this up via his win %. So yes I want him back, and anyone who doesn't simply has some weird vendetta against him.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Looks like you was right @toddy. CM is not even in Fulhams match day squad so therefore he must be a player in decline. #toddyfact :D

Decline or just plain decline, remember Martin is not even in the top 10 championship goalscorers this season....:p

At least he is oncourse to maintain his ''I score fewer goals each season since 2013'' :lol: 

31 minutes ago, toddy said:

Decline or just plain decline, remember Martin is not even in the top 10 championship goalscorers this season....:p

At least he is oncourse to maintain his ''I score fewer goals each season since 2013'' :lol: 

So top scorer in a top six club despite not even starting that many games.....

Sounds impressive...Where do we sign and for how much,sounds quite a prospect 

Said toddy,never.

Chris Martin is coming back and I'm ok with that but as I have stated and been called crazy for stating ,, he is not an automatic starter ? Nugent hatrick  tonight to cap two very good performances and as stated in defence of Martin ,it's not just about goals from strikers it's also what else they bring to a team and nudge brings plenty not least he plays with a smile on his face and his work rate and enthusiasm must be so infectious to his team mates ,, not saying Martin never starts but by god he has a fight on his hands to claim a spot in the starting line up

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Chris Martin is coming back and I'm ok with that but as I have stated and been called crazy for stating ,, he is not an automatic starter ? Nugent hatrick  tonight to cap two very good performances and as stated in defence of Martin ,it's not just about goals from strikers it's also what else they bring to a team and nudge brings plenty not least he plays with a smile on his face and his work rate and enthusiasm must be so infectious to his team mates ,, not saying Martin never starts but by god he has a fight on his hands to claim a spot in the starting line up

Nobody is an automatic starter. I'm a huge Martin fan, but he's not automatic and hasn't got a right to anything. If Nugent keeps up performances like that he will start.

3 minutes ago, archied said:

and we had the experts on here asking why we got Nugent too old past it was thier description

Nugent will be our main striker come the start of next season. Rowett has no loyalties to Martin and from what I gather, he won't care about dropping anyone for the benefit of the team as seen with Hughes.That isn't to say that Martin doesn't have a role because he will but in different ways. Wouldn't surprise me to see both Nugent and Martin hit 15-20 goals each next season

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nugent will be our main striker come the start of next season. Rowett has no loyalties to Martin and from what I gather, he won't care about dropping anyone for the benefit of the team as seen with Hughes.That isn't to say that Martin doesn't have a role because he will but in different ways. Wouldn't surprise me to see both Nugent and Martin hit 15-20 goals each next season

Yep rowett seems able to make first team slot an earnt thing in a way that the players are not rebelling against as they did when Pearson tried it

I certainly think on tonight's showing,there will be competition for the cf role between them....

Having said that,they don't play similarly but both involve the rest of the team, unlike bent,so he may well utilise each of them for different types of opposition and indeed together with Nugent playing off Martin.

Both great players,Martin is still my favourite but Nugent's doing a great job.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I certainly think on tonight's showing,there will be competition for the cf role between them....

Having said that,they don't play similarly but both involve the rest of the team, unlike bent,so he may well utilise each of them for different types of opposition and indeed together with Nugent playing off Martin.

Both great players,Martin is still my favourite but Nugent's doing a great job.

As I've said before I reckon it'll be 'horses for courses'. A good example would be tonight as the game suited Nugent's workrate/closing down and got his rewards from it, Martin's quality on the ball may not have shone through as much. If Rowett can balance that, he will have some strike force on his hands.

Weirdly when Fulham put a couple of crosses across our box I thought the player they were missing was a certain C  Martin too, oh well...

Not sure why we sung the song last night for C.Martin when Nugent shows what we have with a striker who can harass defenders and score goals.

Spoke to a Fulham fan after the game. They said they if they don't get in Play offs this season they'll next guaranteed which I agreed with.

Asked about Martin how he's been this season. He said he knows where the net is but he was lazy, hardly moved the ball, hardly showed any passion and the odd game couldn't stop moaning.. Believe it or not everything he said was bang on.. and he's a season ticket holder.

The other thing he mentioned was they don't start with a Striker hardly. Which strikes me that they may have Started with Martin last night ironically enough.

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Someone said his Audi R8 was in the car park last night, nice shade of blue, 12 CM reg.

Sounds as though the car was a case of mstaken identities then - can't be in the car and on the bus - unless it was one of these....

82dfa764ade61ec20d039eb167368c79.jpg

Just now, eddie said:

Sounds as though the car was a case of mstaken identities then - can't be in the car and on the bus - unless it was one of these....

82dfa764ade61ec20d039eb167368c79.jpg

The twitter account is one of those set up by someone else pretending to be funny. Bit sad really.

4 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Not sure why we sung the song last night for C.Martin when Nugent shows what we have with a striker who can harass defenders and score goals.

Spoke to a Fulham fan after the game. They said they if they don't get in Play offs this season they'll next guaranteed which I agreed with.

Asked about Martin how he's been this season. He said he knows where the net is but he was lazy, hardly moved the ball, hardly showed any passion and the odd game couldn't stop moaning.. Believe it or not everything he said agreed with my own view.. and he's a season ticket holder.

The other thing he mentioned was they don't start with a Striker hardly. Which strikes me that they may have Started with Martin last night ironically enough.

FTFY

Archived