The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these excuses of Martin goals per minutes on the pitch nonsense, OK how many golden boot/shoes winners have there been that have won it based on minutes played on a pitch?

None!

All that matters when judging a strikers goal scoring record is goals scored per season end.

5 minutes ago, toddy said:

All these excuses of Martin goals per minutes on the pitch nonsense, OK how many golden boot/shoes winners have there been that have won it based on minutes played on a pitch?

None!

All that matters when judging a strikers goal scoring record is goals scored per season end.

Did you work out vydras stats toddy?....Just wondered as I'm still wondering how his goals per season match Martin's?

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

So far this season 4

15/16 - 3 league goals

14/15 - 16 league goals

13/14 - 3 league goals

12/13 - 22 league goals

So is clearly on the up from last season...

But but he's only played, no wait minutes played doesn't matter. But but he's been played out of position, damn can't use that either. Oh well looks like he's pants then if that's his total after a whole season.

and less in 2 seasons than Martins got this season from 24 appearances

Vydra has scored 20 goals fewer than the leading Championship scorer, Chris Wood.

Chris Martin has scored 14 goals fewer. 

As Enigma pointed out, minutes in the pitch doesn't count. 4 goals all season is appalling from Vydra, no golden boot for him.

Strange that he engenders such for or against ... He isn't a super star and has failings but we got him for F all and he has been a consistent goal scorer.

i know some on here think he is the solution to everything, I don't think he is ... But his record is consistently good. He can hold up the ball at the right end of the pitch. I suspect he wouldn't be an automatic start as he was under Mac, I don't think he should be either but 100% certain he would add something very useful to our game. 

I loath the falling over .. He is a strong man and could win the ball as often as he wins a free kick if he thought about it. He isn't pacy ( OK he even lumbers around like a 1968 Bedford truck sometimes ) but he is very very canny, can spot a 1-2 pass better than most. He strikes a ball well, he can head and hit a free kick. ...

AND Tom Ince really really likes him  :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

If you found out the club (Derby) told him to do that, would it change your opinion? 

It is beyond my belief that the club told him to down tools. The club and more likely Stevie Mac might have been in his ear, and no doubt a formal and proper approach was made to Fulham to see if they could get him back. When Fulham said no, a deal is a deal, I think it was Chris Martin who frantically chewed on some gum, decided to throw himself to the ground, and then had a moody for a while. Not that sounds like him at all :lol:

51 minutes ago, toddy said:

None!

Are you a Derby fan because you can only see things in black and white? T'would explain the display picture.

5 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

It is beyond my belief that the club told him to down tools. The club and more likely Stevie Mac might have been in his ear, and no doubt a formal and proper approach was made to Fulham to see if they could get him back. When Fulham said no, a deal is a deal, I think it was Chris Martin who frantically chewed on some gum, decided to throw himself to the ground, and then had a moody for a while. Not that sounds like him at all :lol:

What if I told you that Butterfield also 'did a Martin' in an attempt to force a move through to us?*

*according to Dean Hoyle

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

What if I told you that Butterfield also 'did a Martin' in an attempt to force a move through to us?*

*according to Dean Hoyle

I would say as l said above, it would have been an unprofessional thing for him to have done.

l don't hate Martin you know.  He is a good Championship player who has served the club well, and perhaps will do so again. I support him in many ways, and admire his qualities, but l won't blindly defend him being unprofessional (or throwing himself to the ground) just because he is a Ram. 

22 minutes ago, cannable said:

*according to Dean Hoyle

Isn't this fairly common in football these days? At no point did he accuse Derby of underhand tactics, Butterfield made it clear he wanted to leave. 

We've been on the receiving end as well, Tyrone Mears and the window. Didn't Commons also pretty much rule himself out of playing to force the Celtic move?

Harry Redknapp was on BT Sport the other day reliving a story where he signed a player, never settled, went to his hotel room and he had legged it out the window, got on a plane and returned to Chile, they were forced to sell him.

Henri Lansbury suffered an injury when bids came in, was suddenly fit when he joined Villa. 

Payet at West Ham claimed he was home sick, refused to play, goes to France now claims he was bored of the style of football.

Players will do what they can to force a move, unfair to suggest clubs are advising players to go on strike.

1 hour ago, toddy said:

Agreed past tense.

Has been isn't past tense, it's the present perfect tense.

What that means is  starting point in the past, ie. 15 years ago, and still leads up to the present day as Martin is still contracted to Derby and therefore a Derby County player.

He is our best striker today, and he will be tomorrow and the day after that until his contract is terminated or we go out and buy a better striker.

2 hours ago, Wignall12 said:

Good old Franny Lee , never forget his spat with Norman "Bites yer legs " Hunter ....... Go on Franny mekim av it !!

Franny Lee ... Artist ... He could make minimal contact on the half way line look like a penalty. 

7 hours ago, David said:

Vydra has scored 20 goals fewer than the leading Championship scorer, Chris Wood.

Chris Martin has scored 14 goals fewer. 

As Enigma pointed out, minutes in the pitch doesn't count. 4 goals all season is appalling from Vydra, no golden boot for him.

Play Martin on the left wing and see how many goals he gets. Just sayin.

It shows how poor we became when we were willing to shell out 9 million for a player worth maybe 2.

Vydra and Derby just don't  fit.

That does not make Martin the answer, the trouble is we will be stuck with Martin regardless if this seasons performances continue into next season, £30, 000 a week and a long contract, who would take him on?

Archived