Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I don't think we can massively blame Powell for the last minute equaliser, some of the subs were quite strange but with the players available we don't really have any midfielders to bring on for Hughes, although anyone is better than ******* Russell tbf. This is when the players must accept the blame, in football all you need to do defensively is concentrate 100% for 90 minutes and added time and some of our players seem incapable of that unfortunately and something must be done 

Well I just don't get it - Wassall Pearson and now Powell - all seem to like the idea of going more attacking when we are leading in the second half away from home. Then we get the "players need to see out the game better" banter ... I'd like a manager who can figure out that when leading and within reach of an away win you don't go more attacking. At least like for like, but preferably you add defensive strength. Help the team don't hinder it. Whys the concept so hard for recent Derby managers ? 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good away point, however we are desperate for a leader on the pitch (never mind off it). If we had one we would have had all 3 points today. Wonder what will happen now during the break? Always fun being a Rams fan :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

The reason why never won because of bird giving away a stupid ball high in the air get rid of this idout.:angry:

Yawn

If you're going to keep going on about it, at least refer to him by his proper name, you have been corrected on enough occasions now.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

The reason why never won because of bird giving away a stupid ball high in the air get rid of this idout.:angry:

How can Baird give a ball away in the air from a corner? Seriously you bang on about getting behind the lads then berate a player constantly when you don't even know it was his fault. Total hypocrisy, what kind of fan scapegoats players like that?

Didn't go to the match. A good point against a good reading side. Obviously was anticipating a win after being 1-0 at 89 mins. I think we're improving and hopefully will start climbing. It's going to be a season of change though. I.e. Manager and players maybe in january. As unambitious as it is I'm happy if we don't go down this season. With Pearson being suspended and the dross we have signed(last season not this as anya and vydra are good players) 

4 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

How can Baird give a ball away in the air from a corner? Seriously you bang on about getting behind the lads then berate a player constantly when you don't even know it was his fault. Total hypocrisy, what kind of fan scapegoats players like that?

Half?

Just watched the highlights - nice little flick from Vydra for the goal and he should have had another, but Jeeeeeeesus there goal was a shambles - it looked like half their team was just standing unmarked in acres of space waiting to tap it in.

Really disappointed of course to drop two more points today. This will feel like defeat for the players and a further attack on our fragile confidence. Sitting in 20th position with nearly a quarter of the season gone.

Good for us to score first but our bench looked strange from the outset with Baird being our only real cover for four defenders and three midfielders. 

Archived