People who never wanted Pearson....

drgoodspeak

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're sick of hearing this wait till you see the 4-3-3 threads!

To be fair there was quite a few against the Pearson appointment, you do however get the feeling some (not all) are enjoying this a little too much as they like to be proven right. I'm sure deep down inside they would all loved to have seen it go right and be sat top of the table right now without all this mess but come on, they did tell us all along right?

Next time we should listen to them more over others right? ;)

We're all football know it all experts in our own heads.....sat behind our keyboards, got to love Football, no other sport like it.  

9 minutes ago, David said:

To be fair there was quite a few against the Pearson appointment, you do however get the feeling some (not all) are enjoying this a little too much as they like to be proven right. I'm sure deep down inside they would all loved to have seen it go right and be sat top of the table right now without all this mess but come on, they did tell us all along right?

I'm certainly happy he's gone (or going imminently, hopefully) - it feels like I've got my football club back.  I've never been so bored and disillusioned about us than I have for the last few months.

I never wanted Pearson per se, but I wanted someone to come in and attempt to do what Pearson attempted to do, break up the clique which is holding the team back.

My worry now is that we'll have a nice yes man, who gets us excited but just hasn't got enough to overcome the mental weakness within the squad.

When Pearson's name was first being bounded about it was dead against it ! But since he got the job I've done nothing but back him , as a loyal fan should . I'm not saying he was ever my first choice , but it's not my choice to make . Ill support whoever the club sees fit to be our manager . 

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

When Pearson's name was first being bounded about it was dead against it ! But since he got the job I've done nothing but back him , as a loyal fan should . I'm not saying he was ever my first choice , but it's not my choice to make . Ill support whoever the club sees fit to be our manager . 

If only Labour MPs took the same approach

I thought it was a good appointment. As I've said on another thread, I don't like the man as a person the way he comes across and some of his behaviour in the past but from a footballing perspective I thought he could do a really good job here.

Let's not forget that 9 or 10 games or whatever isn't sufficient enough time to categorically state that a manager has failed so in that respect we cannot level that at him. He was in the process of changing things and we'll never know if this would prove successful. He has been suspended for 'non footballing reasons' and nothing to do with the results / performances and if anyone can judge a manager on a handful of games I suggest they get down the bookies next time and get some money on said manager to be sacked before it REALLY gets sticky.

After 9 or 10 games and having seen all the home games I am happy to say that I am thoroughly distressed by what Pearson has got his team to play like and it's pretty awful stuff and so i'm not too bothered about him not managing the club again if it comes to that but nobody can say he failed as he never had enough time to do so. He might very well have turned it around.

The one thing I would add is that in life, you get a lot more out of it if you are positive, get on with people and if more people like you than not. I don't think Pearson rates any of the above as important IMO.

If folk want to say 'I told you so' then fine. It's 50/50. He's either going to do well and keep his job or do badly and get booted out. Hardly a difficult one to predict.

He wasn't my first choice but I was happy when he came in as some of his supposed attributes (disciplinarian, team building ethos, motivator) were things we needed.  Unfortunately it looks as though his lack of tactical flexibility and his stubbornness had rubbed everyone up the wrong way, the best managers can adapt their approach to match the players at their disposal.  I think his biggest mistake was using a knuckle-duster where a velvet glove was required...

14 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Let's not forget that 9 or 10 games or whatever isn't sufficient enough time to categorically state that a manager has failed so in that respect we cannot level that at him. He was in the process of changing things and we'll never know if this would prove successful. 

This is the bit that worries me. Clement was given 8 months and when things started to falter, the excuse of not playing the Derby way or whatever got him sacked.

Pearson has gone for what ever reason but the early indications are because he got into an argument over results.

So how long will the next manager get before he gets the chop if he isn't an instant success?????

Archived