People who never wanted Pearson....

drgoodspeak

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

...with 4 equally pissed up passengers all telling him a different way to drive and then moaning at him when he crashes...

Who are the four then?.

And is this where he needs a director of football, working with a head coach?.

I don't think he should appoint a manager ever again, as he will never allow them to manage.

Don't get me wrong. Morris is good for the club in that he's improving us all the time. I have no doubt that we'll be in a lovely position in 10-20 years.

But as for footballing decisions, he shouldn't be allowed to continue acting like he is.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Who are the four then?.

And is this where he needs a director of football, working with a head coach?.

I don't think he should appoint a manager ever again, as he will never allow them to manage.

Don't get me wrong. Morris is good for the club in that he's improving us all the time. I have no doubt that we'll be in a lovely position in 10-20 years.

But as for footballing decisions, he shouldn't be allowed to continue acting like he is.

The 4 were a representative number, I didn't think 25000 passengers would fit in a car!

In what way will 'he never allow them to manage'?

One trip to the dressing room seems to have mutated into Morris picking the team, taking the team talks but nobody has ever provided any evidence of anything beyond that trip to the dressing room.

I've been scouring the forum for the giant "NO" I posted with no luck, there is also a post from me stating seeing Pearson with a ram on his chest would sicken me, so, not that it's anything to be proud of, I am 1 of the 4 that voted against him.

I've never liked the man, didn't want him here and think he's a loaded gun so to speak. Despite that, I have never belittled those that wanted him here although I don't think the same can be said of his admirers towards those that aren't so impressed with him.

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The 4 were a representative number, I didn't think 25000 passengers would fit in a car!

In what way will 'he never allow them to manage'?

One trip to the dressing room seems to have mutated into Morris picking the team, taking the team talks but nobody has ever provided any evidence of anything beyond that trip to the dressing room.

I think he's doing it on purpose, no one is that stupid surely.

I didn't know who I wanted but I did think to many people thought Pearson would guarantee success as he was the obvious choice. We have never had much success with the obvious choice. I also wanted to give him time but he did also turn a decent side that was always near the top 6 to a team that looked totally clueless, the players werent playing in a way which suited them and clearly the players werent playing for him. The problem in todays game is now with the transfer windows And closing of the emergency loan system you cant change your squad around once the season starts and your stuck with what you have and a modern manager has to work with that by getting the best out of what he has got. Thats modern management.

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

If the club was run by muppets then that would be a fair comment , but it's not ! I trust the club to make the right appointment. After all they no a damn sight more about running a football club than I do! Me objecting to a manager being in charge , would just cause upset too myself . So I get on with it back the man in charge and see what happens ! Of course I've got an opinion who I want to be in charge and if that decisions taken ill be even happier ! 

Not all 92 clubs in the FL are going to make the right appointments.  Some will be better than others.  As much I appreciate what Mel has done for the club and hope he continues to be the owner for a long time, I think he made a mistake in appointing NP.  Not the right fit in terms of style, and with a dubious (to say the least) temperament.  There is no real reason to suspect that  MM is better at appointing managers than other club owners, so to say we should trust his decision which ever manager he chooses doesn't make sense to me.  I'm not talking about booing a manager or players on the pitch or anything counter productive like that, merely being able to criticize the choice of manager without being labelled disloyal. 

49 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Not all 92 clubs in the FL are going to make the right appointments.  Some will be better than others.  As much I appreciate what Mel has done for the club and hope he continues to be the owner for a long time, I think he made a mistake in appointing NP.  Not the right fit in terms of style, and with a dubious (to say the least) temperament.  There is no real reason to suspect that  MM is better at appointing managers than other club owners, so to say we should trust his decision which ever manager he chooses doesn't make sense to me.  I'm not talking about booing a manager or players on the pitch or anything counter productive like that, merely being able to criticize the choice of manager without being labelled disloyal. 

No cause there not going to make the right appointments everytime , but me or you or whoever being negative about the appointment is not going to change a thing ! It will hinder if anything . He probably did make a mistake, I'm not saying he didn't! But it doesn't mean I won't support the manager or spit my dummy out if it's not the man I want in charge . 

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Most of my reservations about Pearson came after our first pre-season games where it became fairly obvious he would play a 442 formation but without any changes to the current squad. Knew it was a mistake.

I took plenty of flak for a thread I created after the Brighton game. I was hopeful changes would be made, but the fact we reached the Burton game without any permanent additions nailed it for me.

I'd love to know what was spoken about during Pearson's interview. Surely playing style and systems would have been mentioned, therefore it still amazes me that we made so few changes during the summer.

Either Pearson really had no clue of our squad's capabilities which begs the question of what the hell he was doing for the 12 months prior to taking over - or he was so stubborn and deluded he thought he could just use his winning formula at Leicester here and have the same success.

What day is Pearson going to appear in Telegraph Bris ? See JH and Barnsley today, is it being saved for the weekend?

On 9/28/2016 at 09:13, David said:

If you're sick of hearing this wait till you see the 4-3-3 threads!

To be fair there was quite a few against the Pearson appointment, you do however get the feeling some (not all) are enjoying this a little too much as they like to be proven right. I'm sure deep down inside they would all loved to have seen it go right and be sat top of the table right now without all this mess but come on, they did tell us all along right?

Next time we should listen to them more over others right? ;)

We're all football know it all experts in our own heads.....sat behind our keyboards, got to love Football, no other sport like it.  

Yup! Only been on the boards just over a season but never seen such a devisive issue. Even sensible anti-Pearson posters seemed to think that not liking all the bilious posts made folk hero worshippers whereas many just choose not to be overtly critical whilst a guy's in situ. I took a few weeks out for that reason to the point that it was a mate who clued me up about Pearson going.  I didn't even know!

On 28 September 2016 at 18:28, Mostyn6 said:

I never wanted Pearson per se, but I wanted someone to come in and attempt to do what Pearson attempted to do, break up the clique which is holding the team back.

My worry now is that we'll have a nice yes man, who gets us excited but just hasn't got enough to overcome the mental weakness within the squad.

Exactly.

I WAS a Pearson fan....and I still am. I am disgusted at what seems to be happening. Again.

I have said previously that I was surprised that we didn't make more changes over the off-season but assumed that either Pearson wanted to give the squad a chance to prove themselves before making more changes, or that circumstances had imposed that on him.

But I really think many on here are deceiving yourselves about the depth of the current squad. Talented? No doubt. Mentally fragile? Clearly. Inflexible? It would seem so.

How many have bemoaned the late season collapses? The lack of a plan B? The defensive fragility?

Clearly the squad needed to be tweaked somewhat to develop more mental toughness, greater resilience and greater adaptability.

Those are the areas this squad needs to develop in if it is to (a) win promotion; and (b) stay in the Premiership.

That is what Pearson was working toward.

My worry is that we, as a club, may have decided that we do not want to pay the price necessary to get there.

Clearly, there is a question over whether the owner and many of our fans have the stomach required to learn from where we've fallen short and change.

Archived