The absolute class of Chris Powell

Ewe Ram

37 minutes ago, archied said:

Really???? ,, I read it very differently and he went down in my estimation,, he's desperate for the job

Do tell us exactly what he said that makes you leap to this conclusion.

Thought he was very careful what he said. and showing some loyalty to Pearson

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now let's not get too carried away with tonight's result as welcome as it is. The man holding us back has been removed but we only beat a struggling Cardiff City tonight. Far bigger tests will come over the next 4 games when we can hopefully grow in confidence. But let's not kid ourselves we are not going to be in the top six by the end of the year.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Obviously I'm pleased with the result but what sticks out is his loyalty to Pearson which makes me like Powell as a man. A lot of people would take the credit for the win 

Not Powell he's certainly not the type of individual that would do that.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Obviously I'm pleased with the result but what sticks out is his loyalty to Pearson which makes me like Powell as a man. A lot of people would take the credit for the win 

The sort of man we have been lacking as manager for a long time and the type of manager the players might just rally behind. Clearly very principled and emotIonally intelligent - I think we could do much worse than give him the rest of the season

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Chris Powell, proper choked and emotional :wub:

Fans sang Chrissy give us a wave a couple of times, the few that were here showed their support and he acknowledged them each time.

Funny song was its the Derby way, it's the Derby way, if you don't attack, you get the sack, it's the Derby way.:lol:

Guess what we did, once the 2nd went in, game over and the swagger was back. Was that Powell, don't know but the team looked up for it tonight.

8 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Now let's not get too carried away with tonight's result as welcome as it is. The man holding us back has been removed but we only beat a struggling Cardiff City tonight. Far bigger tests will come over the next 4 games when we can hopefully grow in confidence. But let's not kid ourselves we are not going to be in the top six by the end of the year.

Don't need to be top 6 by the end of the year.

Top 6 by the end of the season and FA cup winners will do.

Before the game on Saturday, Chris Powell spent ten minutes with the ball boys getting them to try to go past him in 'one on ones'. He was obviously enjoying himself and was clearly in his element - just playing football with enthusiastic kids. He got an ovation from our section of the West Stand and looked a bit embarrassed by it. It was the highlight of Saturday.

Chris Powell is pure class.

Just now, CornwallRam said:

Before the game on Saturday, Chris Powell spent ten minutes with the ball boys getting them to try to go past him in 'one on ones'. He was obviously enjoying himself and was clearly in his element - just playing football with enthusiastic kids. He got an ovation from our section of the West Stand and looked a bit embarrassed by it. It was the highlight of Saturday.

Chris Powell is pure class.

Yes, I watched that as I was in the ground early for once!

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

As much as I'd like it to happen, I think our start to the season has been too poor for the top 6 to be a realistic goal.

Realistic? What does that mean?

Every season I know we are going to win the Cup. There's never any doubt in my mind until we get knocked out.

6 hours ago, DRBee said:

Do tell us exactly what he said that makes you leap to this conclusion.

Thought he was very careful what he said. and showing some loyalty to Pearsonits 

HiSometimes it's the vibe  you pick up,, also the point where says my players then corrects it to our players?also I always struggle with assistants brought in by a manager who take over when the manager is sacked , it's a loyalty thing for me and and makes me think of snakes in the grass,,, iniago appears to have shown a level of loyalty to Pearson that I have to respect,, now I may be totally wrong in terms of the suspension being about the alldyce incident and both Pearson and ini up to their necks in it , in which case I will retract and adjust my view but if it's about results and performances and a bust up about how to go about getting them then I will stick with my view that ini has acted with integrity and loyalty and chirssy has been more snake like,, sorry if that offends but it's the way I see things

Blimey, it's only one game against a bottom team.. All of a sudden being a great bloke is enough qualification to be our manager/coach or whatever.

He may well turn out to be the right person but some of the posts on this thread are way OTT. We have found the massiah and he gives a good interview.

24 minutes ago, archied said:

HiSometimes it's the vibe  you pick up,, also the point where says my players then corrects it to our players?also I always struggle with assistants brought in by a manager who take over when the manager is sacked , it's a loyalty thing for me and and makes me think of snakes in the grass,,, iniago appears to have shown a level of loyalty to Pearson that I have to respect,, now I may be totally wrong in terms of the suspension being about the alldyce incident and both Pearson and ini up to their necks in it , in which case I will retract and adjust my view but if it's about results and performances and a bust up about how to go about getting them then I will stick with my view that ini has acted with integrity and loyalty and chirssy has been more snake like,, sorry if that offends but it's the way I see things

If Chris thinks that Pearson went over the top and said things that were right over the top or was overly aggressive, why should he also stick his neck on the line?

Here we go again, fans creating their own truths. 

Mel has been a successful business man for many years. Do you really think he doesn't have any control over his mouth?? He will have legal advisors on speed dial, employment law included. I really wish people would stop painting him as some raving lunatic dictator. 

8 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Mel has been a successful business man for many years. Do you really think he doesn't have any control over his mouth?? He will have legal advisors on speed dial, employment law included. I really wish people would stop painting him as some raving lunatic dictator. 

The last 12 mths do show him in a dictatorship role, Clement dressing room incident, sacking of Clement, install of a different coach- Pearson as Manager, now the suspension and gods knows what........... 

12 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

I'm only following the trail of what we are told , half told and not told ,, I've been totally behind Mel Morris up till now but really the events up to and topped by yesterday's suspension , you could nt make that shxt up ,, mels painting well enough for himself ,, Picasso would be proud

33 minutes ago, archied said:

I'm only following the trail of what we are told , half told and not told ,, I've been totally behind Mel Morris up till now but really the events up to and topped by yesterday's suspension , you could nt make that shxt up ,, mels painting well enough for himself ,, Picasso would be proud

Nope still not having it unless someone can show me the official statements that are facts and not speculation. I read a lot of things but obviously don't remember everything so if these statements are out there then I'll read them again. If Pearson is involved in the stuff that's come out from the press then Mel had no choice for instance, you can't have dishonesty and double dealing in the club, no way. 

Archived