Return of the Mac

toddy

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Oh my life.

What a ridiculous decision. Irrespective of what he did or didn't do last time the fact that Mel has gone back for him shows how poor his "football side of things" decision making is. (can't question he's a successful and driven bloke outside of the game)

The trust completely broke down towards the end of his first spell and once the trust has gone once it's very difficult to imagine things suddenly becoming all sweetness and light. The trust between players, staff, management and leadership was smashed, it's going to take something really special to build those bridges.

Ronnie, if he gets us winning games again - all will be forgiven by everyone . We're football fans - fickle AF. 

It's not like real life is it? Although it's an emotional thing football - there's not much anyone wouldn't do for success.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Excited about Derby again. Who knows how this is going to go, but if he can get us playing even close to what he did before, I'll be very happy. Just a shame Martin is away for a little while longer. 

I'm sure 2 & 1/2 months will fly by.

The return of the Mac might be the best or the worst thing to happen to Derby County Football club.....or maybe just something in between.

You may think it's a stroke of genius, a rose tinted nostalgia trip, or a compromise to our club integrity.

When we appointed Pearson, I wasn't extatic about it, but I realised why we employed him and how he might be the solution. I wasn't sorry to see him go, but maybe he could've been given more time.

I'm now happy to see Mac back. And I think Powell as assistant is a great move.

I'm sure some of you agree, and some of you not so much.

But whatever side of the fence you're on, we've got to give this one some time.

We've got to be positive. 

If he doesn't have the impact he had instantly, like last time, it's doesn't mean it's doomed to fail.

But, if we win the first 3 games at a canter, It doesn't mean we're destined to go up.

Lets pull together as a club

And hope for the best, without punishing Mel, the players, or Steve if it doesnt instantly go our way. 

Up the Rams!!

8 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Oh my life.

What a ridiculous decision. Irrespective of what he did or didn't do last time the fact that Mel has gone back for him shows how poor his "football side of things" decision making is. (can't question he's a successful and driven bloke outside of the game)

The trust completely broke down towards the end of his first spell and once the trust has gone once it's very difficult to imagine things suddenly becoming all sweetness and light. The trust between players, staff, management and leadership was smashed, it's going to take something really special to build those bridges.

And you're loving it.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

And you're loving it.

???

Still playing that card eddie? Let it lie mate.

in MY opinion re-hiring him is a mistake. Simple as that. If he gets the club back on its feet playing wise then I've got it wrong. As I got it wrong on Pearson, I thought he was the right man.

I just think it's a disaster waiting to happen, the first disagreement with MM and SM will be a big test,

Exactly this.  And let's drop this "the Derby way" stick to beat the club with.  It's old and it's tiresome.

I'm hopeful we get some decent football and will be starting with a clean slate.

I can actually look forward to going and taking my 6 year old lad on Saturday for a change.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

You have a different definition of Hit to me, unless i am suffering from 's' blindness.

It's all scales innit... For me Dawkins, Christie, Thorne, Warnock and Ince were good signings that either improved the side or gave us solid cover where needed...

Whitbread may not have been a Smacca signing

Shotton and Albentosa for me weren't great however I can understand the signings and I still think the Albentosa one was just a speculative hope... We blew it all out of proportion at our end... He cost less than Shotton!

Bent... well... He splits opinion between "bad" and "hasn't really had much chance"... I choose the latter...

Archived